Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a Mishimoto oil catch can this morning. It included an air freshener:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200525_114424

The air-freshner made me smile a bit, and won me over with its timely usefulness; The Jeep stinks from a recent rubber mat purchase. Still airing it out today:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? airingout

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Well you see I got these Mopar running boards that came with the Jeep when new. I'm tall enough that I don't really use them. I would much rather have rock rails/sliders but I don't mind the look of them and better than having nothing and looking at the ugly body seam. They do help keep the snow/mud and rocks from bashing the door hinges and splattering the whole side of the jeep. So I got looking at them and wondered if i could adjust them a little to hide the body seam a little better as well as add a little more ground clearance. I got some longer M6x40mm bolts and added 8-3/4" spacers per side, between the mount and the bottom of the running board and like the looks better. If I ever landed hard on a rock or stump the mount would probably snap as they are plastic, but the board is metal. If they ever get damaged I'll have a reason to upgrade. Until then it keeps the body somewhat protected from light scrapes and occasional sticks and such that pop up when you run over them.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5637.JPG

BEFORE SPACERS
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5634.JPG

AFTER SPACERS
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5636.JPG

Last edited:

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Yesterday installed and wired up my arb twin compressor. I'm embarrassed to say I had it sitting in garage since Black Friday when I bought it lol. Thanks to @Jeep Generation for the video and help for the wiring. Also over the weekend helped my uncle install his compressor inside his small leitner box on his JT, as well as mounting his road shower. Didn't take pics of those two yet

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200525_170016
Awesome!

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Painted my oem bar on the front of the steel bumper. Matches rubicon decal red but a little off from the front tow hooks

I really like that metalflake color and personnaly, I would paint the tow hooks the same color and all other accents that color and it would be incredible imo. Did you apply Clear over it?

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Well you see I got these Mopar running boards that came with the Jeep when new. I'm tall enough that I don't really use them. I would much rather have rock rails/sliders but I don't mind the look of them and better than having nothing and looking at the ugly body seam. They do help keep the snow/mud and rocks from bashing the door hinges and splattering the whole side of the jeep. So I got looking at them and wondered if i could adjust them a little to hide the body seam a little better as well as add a little more ground clearance. I got some longer M6x40mm bolts and added 8-3/4" spacers per side, between the mount and the bottom of the running board and like the looks better. If I ever landed hard on a rock or stump the mount would probably snap as they are plastic, but the board is metal. If they ever get damaged I'll have a reason to upgrade. Until then it keeps the body somewhat protected from light scrapes and occasional sticks and such that pop up when you run over them.

BEFORE SPACERS

AFTER SPACERS

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
good idea and the look is much cleaner.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Added a fuel door cover, door sill cover, and tire cover

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200525_151922
Looks like the tire cover needs to be rotated clockwise several degrees. Like the design.

Later,
Johnny

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Added some KC a-pillar light brackets and a pair of Gravity LED Pro6 Wide-40 lights to the a-pillar this evening. Can’t wait to see how well they work at night.

EE51D13A-E68C-4B59-A2D6-0FCAC1759599.jpeg