First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How did you do that? Wow!
Aluminum sheet and made a pattern with poster board cut and marked holes. Installed flat sheet against the bumper and pushed with fingers to add some shape to get it tight to the bumper. Then added door trim to left, right and top edge. Took longer to paint then make the pieces.
The JK one was a little easier but to make the radius I had to use a hammer and the concrete step to make the tight radius. Took the aluminum brackets from the winch that mounts the box to the center of the winch and cut off the part that sticks up. Then drilled a 3rd hole in each bracket and tapped the holes 1/4-20. Came out like it was ment to be there.

Ron

LearRigh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 JLUS w/ one-touch top
Occupation
Logistician
Made a trip down to GA to see family and got to drive my mom’s Sahara with the SkyOne Touch Top... really considering trading my sport s to get something with this top. A bit jealous of everyone with one of these now!
Yeeeess, give in to the power of the sky top!
:like:

In all seriousness though, decide what kind of build you're going for first, then check compatibility with the sky top. I've run into a number of problems where the original product/idea I had will not work with the sky top. Not a deal breaker for me, since primarily this is my daily driver right now and I'm building towards future overland adventures when my kids are a bit older, but a little frustrating.

Some of the main issues I've had:
-Cargo space covers / shelves / basically anything designed to mount under the rear side windows
-roof racks (I know there are two options right now, but neither will work with the cowl snorkel I already ordered)
-anything that requires you to lower the windshield
-anything requiring power in the cargo area: from what I understand, the sky top takes up 2 of the 3 available 12v circuits in the back, with the 3rd being the existing socket.

That being said, I love my sky top and I know I wouldn't be driving with the top open half as much with a hard top or manual soft top.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Made some covers for the back of the steel bumper when the ends are off!
That looks great. Now make a template and sell a few pairs on here :like:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Painted my oem bar on the front of the steel bumper. Matches rubicon decal red but a little off from the front tow hooks

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 03815863-131F-452E-B2E8-5FDDCE8827BB

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 03815863-131F-452E-B2E8-5FDDCE8827BB
Looks great. Like the color match with the Rubicon outline. What’s the color code?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a rainy day here and I had a short day at work, so I thought I’d try and make my ocd shut up. .......:mad:......With a full tank of gas I’ve had a 5/8” lean to the passenger side for a while now. So I added a half inch spacer to passenger side.............

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4A024030-3A6F-4968-B888-6390FEA7837C
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FEBC617E-EAB0-4A71-8D1C-759AFA1E0A87
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E74B4707-7C39-477F-B720-51C8F0DAFEFD

I got it within a 1/4”, that’s gonna have to do. Those of you that don’t have ocd, be thankful, it’s a bitch............:headbang:...............:)

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
since i puttered around the past few days on my JLUR I figured I better keep peace and spend a bit of time on the JK. Today being warm out I ventured to install the soft top. The Jeep is 3 years old and the top has never been installed. All the parts were there and this was no easy task since it needed real stretching to get it into place.
Overall about 2 hrs work, but it looks great. I didn’t realize the soft top also has a sun rider flip up top for just the front.
Very cool.
Now got,to find a place to put the hard top.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 040637E3-8B0E-4061-9C48-DC2292D995D2

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Yesterday installed and wired up my arb twin compressor. I'm embarrassed to say I had it sitting in garage since Black Friday when I bought it lol. Thanks to @Jeep Generation for the video and help for the wiring. Also over the weekend helped my uncle install his compressor inside his small leitner box on his JT, as well as mounting his road shower. Didn't take pics of those two yet

20200524_195914.jpg

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
no room in the garage, so I put a crane on the top of the shed on the side of my house...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1590433813696

need to figure out a hoist and then test it out. thinking the little 440lb electric from harbor freight should do the trick