Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That looks awesome. Great job...

ladder my a**, I would need an elevator :giggle:
Excellent paint job :like: I hope it's Colby approved:giggle:
Thanks..... I only had to do the red and blue, for the white, I just put a piece of white card stock paper behind the fender. It was nap time for Colby, so I didnā€™t get any supervision.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Happy Memorial Day everyone, hope yā€™all are staying safe....... I painted my Artec ā€œfreedom editionā€ inner fenders for the holiday.........:)........I used my ramp to make it easier to work on, but my tired old ass needed a ladder to get back in........:facepalm:.........:).

386A45DB-EA86-4F78-A058-45CDDA6D6EF4.jpeg

837C1319-2E74-4107-BA48-D10C408E9005.jpeg
Hahaha... Any excuse to use the ramp. :like:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
But as far as the front end stuff, since both of us have a similar history with Jeep, steering, buybacks and have had numerous conversations , this is what i posted on a different thread. You may have similar luck.

was able to get in about a 20 minute ride today to evaluate yesterdayā€™s upgrades. While i wonā€™t say itā€™s perfect I will say I feel a noticeable improvement in the feel of the steering and front end. It all feels very solid now.

If I had to provide a synopsis of the steps and where I think they took me, I would say the following:
Based on 100 being perfect (for a Jeep solid axel) and 0 being unsafe/undrivable.

Started with the Sahara (affectionately refered to as the bad Walmart shopping cart) this rated a 40% since it was drivable ...just not easily or pleasurable.

Advance a year, legal battle and some creative financing and the new Rubicon is a 70 % right out the door. Much better and I feel safe driving it even though it feels a bit loose and tends to still wander a bit.

dropping tire pressure and sprinkling holy water made insignificant improvements.

Resetting the Electric steering computers (fuse trick) brought it up to 80%. For some people it does really help.

Adding the track bar and stabilizer took it to a easy 90+ and overall it drives nice....equal to my JK.

next step is hoping to get to 100 is the sector shaft brace.
Item out of stock everywhere, must be a very popular item.
anticipated ship is mid June.
I remember your adventure with your shopping cart. We both went through a lot of crap dealing with FCA. Iā€™m so glad your Rubicon is better.

My ā€˜20 is so much better than my ā€˜19. Itā€™s quite remarkable. Using your scale...my ā€˜19 was mayyyybe a 30 when I got it (I bet my husband would rate it lower). The work we did made it better but not by a lot. Maybe a 50? I drove it to work but thatā€™s it because it was miserable.

Interesting side noteā€”I got a survey request for service on that Jeep In a town south of us. I wonder if someone bought it?

I would rate my new one 85 to 90 off-the-lot. Weā€™re thinking about installing the parts I had on the ā€˜19 because they would be an improvement over OEM. We know that the caster is too low on the Rubicons so Iā€™ll swap out the LCAs for adjustable (I ordered them for my ā€˜19 but didnā€™t put them on since I won arbitration). Iā€™m sure swapping out the trackbar, LCAs, and stabilizer will make it even better.

Iā€™ve read good things about the bracket and would like to hear your thoughts when you get it.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Mopar satin grill. much better appearance than body color grill. might spray it with undercoat for texture.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Metal Cloak FAD Skid Plate and a Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer. Definitely an improvement over the OEM stabilizer and very happy with the overall quality. New Baja Design lights should be coming in within the next week, so that is my next project.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Tried the AFE hi-tuck and it had a drone at 2600 to 3100 RPMs with the sky one touch so put the stock back on until the Borla touring climber was available and then install that. This is perfect for what I was looking for, 0 Drone. It is a littler louder then stock but can barley here it with the windows up and with the windows down its about 5 DB louder and still not bad then with the top open its quiter then with just the windows down.
Stock vs Borla
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C19208DC-DA67-412C-B680-C85BF2F2F602

Ron
I thought those werenā€™t out yet. I might do the stype then since the touring seems to be a little mild

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
I ordered one on 5/17. How long did it take yours to get in? Backorder states 2-4 weeks...
Just under 4 weeks. They are not good at letting you know. I emailed after 2 weeks and they said about 4 weeks after ordering.