What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

DanNH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Nothing crazy, replaced my stock antenna with a MastRus 17" Flex Antenna. Looks much better than the stock antenna. Great reception, only $20 on Amazon.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_8034 copy
That mast looks great. Do you think the reception is as good as the stock antenna?

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Finished up installing KC Daylighters on Mopar light mounts this past week. I like the old school look the Daylighters provide (although I do have some black covers on order...not totally on board with the "smileys").

To me the only point would be the smilies.
:) :)

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Still trying to figure out which of the shades I can leave installed under the Bestop Sunrider.
Alien 2 piece, Spiderwebshade 2 piece, and the JTOPS one piece if you cut the elastic in the middle. All of those work with the sunrider.

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
Finished up installing KC Daylighters on Mopar light mounts this past week. I like the old school look the Daylighters provide (although I do have some black covers on order...not totally on board with the "smileys").

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_8049 copy
The smileys look bad. I'll buy them off you....

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Installed new Yeti track bar (damn is this thing heavy) and the Falcon adjustable steering stabilizer.

Now iā€™m sore from head to toe. Iā€™m no mechanic...just very determined.
What do you think of those on your new Jeep? I have those from my ā€˜19 and havenā€™t put them on my ā€˜20 yet.

Looks great!

The winky faces were *why* I went with those lights :like:

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
This morning I added an emergency personal transportation system in case of primary vehicle mechanical failure.

Just kidding, I take this bike with me during the work week to use at lunchtime and after work at the park or beach. I do have a tow hitch, but I'd rather keep it inside the darkly tinted cargo area of the Jeep.

I'm thinking of putting more prominent stickers advertising an onboard video surveillance system, but I wonder...do thieves even bother reading or care enough about the consequences of being seen or caught?

WestTex42

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Put in the Pro Comp 2ā€ spacer lift over the weekend. Was pretty tough doing it on the ground. A hoist would have made it a lot easier. Most of my off road driving is unloaded and the Rubicon suspension ride well that way. May go to longer springs one day but this feels alright for now.

Any thoughts on the pro comp spacer lift now that you have had it on a while? Did you install the kit with the shock extensions?

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No complaints so far. Went out today and never left me wanting more. Rock climbing isnā€™t really my thing and there isnā€™t a lot of it here. Mostly mountain trails with mud and ruts. The rubicon suspension is pretty good for that and I just needed a bit more clearance. I did the shock extensions too. I did think about a spring and shock extension package but donā€™t want stiffer springs.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
What do you think of those on your new Jeep? I have those from my ā€˜19 and havenā€™t put them on my ā€˜20 yet.

Looks great!

The winky faces were *why* I went with those lights :like:
cant attest to smiley faces....donā€™t really care for those.

But as far as the front end stuff, since both of us have a similar history with Jeep, steering, buybacks and have had numerous conversations , this is what i posted on a different thread. You may have similar luck.

was able to get in about a 20 minute ride today to evaluate yesterdayā€™s upgrades. While i wonā€™t say itā€™s perfect I will say I feel a noticeable improvement in the feel of the steering and front end. It all feels very solid now.

If I had to provide a synopsis of the steps and where I think they took me, I would say the following:
Based on 100 being perfect (for a Jeep solid axel) and 0 being unsafe/undrivable.

Started with the Sahara (affectionately refered to as the bad Walmart shopping cart) this rated a 40% since it was drivable ...just not easily or pleasurable.

Advance a year, legal battle and some creative financing and the new Rubicon is a 70 % right out the door. Much better and I feel safe driving it even though it feels a bit loose and tends to still wander a bit.

dropping tire pressure and sprinkling holy water made insignificant improvements.

Resetting the Electric steering computers (fuse trick) brought it up to 80%. For some people it does really help.

Adding the track bar and stabilizer took it to a easy 90+ and overall it drives nice....equal to my JK.

next step is hoping to get to 100 is the sector shaft brace.
Item out of stock everywhere, must be a very popular item.
anticipated ship is mid June.