Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
I second that.. What are those wheels and how much did they cost.
Toyo Open Country R/T - 33-12.5 R18 :) Great tires, not that noisy but terrible in snow.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Did I see you on 24 Mile Rd this weekend?

20190828_143600_HDR.jpg
Probably. Use that road a lot. Nice Jeep there, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Snowhio not much fun this spring..., we are going to go from winter to summer this year...

Lake effect snow (Lake Erie for those not Northeast Ohio) should not be in the May weather forecast. We are supposed to be enjoying baseball. On a related note, apparently, the Browns have volunteered to help with social distancing and decided not to participate in the playoffs this year too..... Not sure if that is funny or sad..., but had to repeat that gem....

Stay safe Jeepers!
That's good. The Detroit Lions are immune too, as they never catch anything. :)

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Jeep goes to the dealer today... ESS issues. I hope they change both batteries. I guess Jeeps are susceptible to corona viruses! Best I can figure is it was caused by parasitic drain because we've been shut in so long and not driving as much.

Update: Both batteries changed. Both old ones had bad cells. This could get expensive after the warranty period.

Last edited:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep goes to the dealer today... ESS issues. I hope they change both batteries. I guess Jeeps are susceptible to corona viruses! Best I can figure is it was caused by parasitic drain because we've been shut in so long and not driving as much.
FWIW, both my vehicles are on trickle chargers just cuz of this crap.

LearRigh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 JLUS w/ one-touch top
Occupation
Logistician
I'll Cross post. Over the last few days I painted the base plate to match my Jeep color of my Rugged Ridge Snorkel. I am not the 1st to do it. Other people and Quadratic were my inspiration to do it. I think it came out pretty good.

Prime.jpg
IMG_0911.jpg
Looks great! I'm planning on doing the same in Sting Gray if mine will ever get here :headbang:
Any issues or extra steps? I'm assuming it's just tape, primer, color matched paint, and maybe clear-coat?

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Looks great! I'm planning on doing the same in Sting Gray if mine will ever get here :headbang:
Any issues or extra steps? I'm assuming it's just tape, primer, color matched paint, and maybe clear-coat?
Pretty much. I sanded the texture off the part first. Used 120 regular sand paper for that, before switching to more finer paper to get it nice and smooth. I made sure to paint the side edges of the part as we have extreme panel gaps. :) I also painted the flat part a 1/4" that tucks under the cowl plate in front of windshield. This is where I screwed up, should have gone for more coverage. I got a picture, here:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? not enough paint

Other than that, straight forward. Sand, prime few coats, sand, paint a few coats, sand, clear coat, then I did rubbing compound and wax. A member here recommended the paint kit from this site (You can find the Mopar paints cheaper, but I liked that I could get everything in 1 kit here): https://touchupdirect.com/

The part has a slight orange peel texture to it now, but looks great in person. Not bad for rattle cans on the lawn. :)

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect