Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's kind of ridiculous that the holes didn't line up. Seems like it should have a disclaimer like "product doesn't work as advertised without modification"

How do you like the Rototrax? I think you're the forum guinea pig on those.
I just got them so I have not had the opportunity to use them. They look solid but then again, looking solid may end up be just that.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a set of Maximus-3 front tow loops and it was a bigger job than I expected. Hosed myself a bit on the measurements on the bumper and had to recut it to make the slots wider. The good news is the skid plate covered most of my error and you cannot see it unless you climb under the Jeep.

The tow loops are serious hardware and now I have proper attachment points for winching.

I also rewired the power lead on my winch and installed a Maximus-3 license plate mount (that I will probably replace with a different style).

It was a good weekend. Next weekend is the Synergy steering stabilizer relocation kit along with a Fox stabilizer.

Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'll Cross post. Over the last few days I painted the base plate to match my Jeep color of my Rugged Ridge Snorkel. I am not the 1st to do it. Other people and Quadratic were my inspiration to do it. I think it came out pretty good.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? source (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? source (1)
Did I see you on 24 Mile Rd this weekend?

20190828_143600_HDR.jpg

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
trying to decide this..
Could you give a quick comparison between table/console vs tailgate lockbox?
What I really want is lockable tailgate box with slide out table, and a molle panel on the bottom...
Well, hereā€™s what Iā€™ve experienced: the lockbox is big and secure, but also heavy and I have an oversized tire on the tailgate so that was always a little bit of a concern. Also, I have the all-weather mat and the lockbox would get caught on it while closing which was a pita. The lockbox was great for locking my wallet, phone, kidā€™s iPads. Im not sure thereā€™s a lockbox with a slide out table and a Molle panel out there, or at least not that Iā€™ve seen yet. One thing I will say about the lockbox is that you can use the door as a table and it holds a fair amount of weight. Once the tailgate table and console arrIve I will let you know what I think and how they compare.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
One step closer to my epic roadtrip coming up as soon as this plague is lifted and we are no longer confined... But, here it is:

For the past three days, Iā€™ve been working on getting this setup together. The EZ Rack Kit Spare Tire Mount by Rock Slide Engineering coupled with the Rotopax 4 Gallon and 3 gallon fuel containers and the new Rototrax traction boards.
Slight complication #1: the Rotopax universal mounting plate has a lot holes but none of them lined up with the Rock Slide Engineering's wholes on the rack so I had to drill 4 holes to be able to mount the universal mount to the rack - no big deal but made the installation take longer for the making the wholes and painting it to prevent rust.
Slight complication #2: I have the 3 Gal extension added to the DLX Pack Mount from Rotopax so as to be able to mount the 4Gal gas container with the traction boards. Unfortunately, there is enough room for only 3 boards not 4 as I was told... So, we have to sort that out. But really not a big deal in the overall installation.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 25811

what wheels are those? I like.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Put in the Pro Comp 2ā€ spacer lift over the weekend. Was pretty tough doing it on the ground. A hoist would have made it a lot easier. Most of my off road driving is unloaded and the Rubicon suspension ride well that way. May go to longer springs one day but this feels alright for now.

33340C45-07AD-454B-80C0-D28CC03E0E99.jpeg

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Well they seem like a hell of a deal and it looks like they stack nicely (unlike x-bull, etc.).
Right, the price was certainly within acceptable range and they sure can be stacked nicely!

Last edited: