What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I installed on board air.on my two JLURs yesterday. My Jeep and a friends Jeep. Well we installed them. We installed the ARB compressor on the firewall on the drivers side under the brake booster. Then we ran air lines to the front bumper. The install is super clean. My friend installed the air outlet on the frame by the front bumper, I installed my air outlet on the top of the front bumper behind the bull bar.

w
Nice. Did you use any specific brackets for that location of just the generic mounting kit? Any pics? Want to do the same.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Nice. Did you use any specific brackets for that location of just the generic mounting kit? Any pics? Want to do the same.
I bought this mount.

https://www.[Banned Site]/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-ACM

and this ARB Kit from Northridge4x4.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/compressors/remotepkg-arb-remote-air-compressor-package

I watched this video and the only thing I did different is I did not mount the air outlet on the frame.

I also ordered a Sherman Cap. The cap has not came in yet. I also remote mounted the air intake filter up top by the hood.

some pics

u42ADOH6vILRPUcfUl4JndNtZA8aLHZHknqnlXi4OuOdMLOicPwofsZoe6vzc1bKfq30jOsRijbkyex1iFw=w568-h757-no.jpg

qLaFTarxL9v0LdYlevzth1qYRlnMtPtaVnCvfI5KX0DWkgckclwXXSZOogHU4oI9JXbFctQcXtOkLcf5_ww=w568-h757-no.jpg

TYdPhl4dO7LGBJy7SB5pKA07uejP7aT_w_S5jDFYOaC7D79kNlaCWL_vo_q9Z_6jYTB-u8posqBLt75iVg=w1010-h757-no.jpg
p3JEi52WhuquS4Yxd48Ro9zRUmd0rm1RdS8d6QifFb_FXTgL8LQGFc_PKe_KfF3wd4QhHrr93R6Cy9foBg=w1010-h757-no.jpg

I

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

My Jeep and i are waiting on Evo Oil/trans, and exhaust loop skid plates that are sitting at UPS 5 miles from my house for 4 days so far.....:devil::angry: I just wanna do some work to the jeep. Brown Truck is disappointing this month

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I bought this mount.

https://www.[Banned Site]/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-ACM

and this ARB Kit from Northridge4x4.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/compressors/remotepkg-arb-remote-air-compressor-package

I watched this video and the only thing I did different is I did not mount the air outlet on the frame.

I also ordered a Sherman Cap. The cap has not came in yet. I also remote mounted the air intake filter up top by the hood.

some pics

u42ADOH6vILRPUcfUl4JndNtZA8aLHZHknqnlXi4OuOdMLOicPwofsZoe6vzc1bKfq30jOsRijbkyex1iFw=w568-h757-no.jpg

qLaFTarxL9v0LdYlevzth1qYRlnMtPtaVnCvfI5KX0DWkgckclwXXSZOogHU4oI9JXbFctQcXtOkLcf5_ww=w568-h757-no.jpg

TYdPhl4dO7LGBJy7SB5pKA07uejP7aT_w_S5jDFYOaC7D79kNlaCWL_vo_q9Z_6jYTB-u8posqBLt75iVg=w1010-h757-no.jpg
p3JEi52WhuquS4Yxd48Ro9zRUmd0rm1RdS8d6QifFb_FXTgL8LQGFc_PKe_KfF3wd4QhHrr93R6Cy9foBg=w1010-h757-no.jpg

I
You run 37's correct? either way have you timed how long it takes to air up? I'm not worried about NASCAR times just wondering how long it would take. I'm planning my lift/tire/compressor upgrade. debating 35s vs 37s and this vs their dual. I only want to buy things, not buy just to buy. TIA

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
You run 37's correct? either way have you timed how long it takes to air up? I'm not worried about NASCAR times just wondering how long it would take. I'm planning my lift/tire/compressor upgrade. debating 35s vs 37s and this vs their dual. I only want to buy things, not buy just to buy. TIA
The speed factor was why I went with a 10 lb CO2 tank. I'm not racing, either, but I'm too old & crusty to squat down and wait for a small compressor. I do admit the "unlimited" air supply is a big plus, though.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Nothing done to it yet but I just ordered a Bestop Ultra and a hard top lift so I can go top down soon! Top is back ordered until early May, but I should get the hard top hoist in a couple days. $200 rebate made buying the Bestop with the premium fabric a no-brainer - it’ll end up being the same cost as a base Mopar top.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Yes, I do run 37s. Cooper STT PRO 37x12.5r17, After seeing your post, I did a little test. I dropped the front tire to 15 PSI set a timer for one minute and started airing up. After one minute. I stopped airing up and checked the tire pressure. The tire was at 23.5 psi. There was a 8.5 gain in PSI. This was better than I anticipated. I think that will it being close to freezing, the tire inflated faster than expected. I tried it again and got the same results. I suspect that in the dead of summer it may be a little slower., but should not be a huge difference.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
The speed factor was why I went with a 10 lb CO2 tank. I'm not racing, either, but I'm too old & crusty to squat down and wait for a small compressor. I do admit the "unlimited" air supply is a big plus, though.
The only reason that I did not go with a CO2 tank is I plan on doing a trip from Arizona to Alaska and do not want the added cost of having to refill the tank. The twenty dollars to fill the tank is not a big deal, but having to take potentially a full day out of my travels to find a place, then drive to it is and could also be expensive. I am sure there are places that If I had to drive forty to a hundred miles out of my way to fill a tank, I would end up pissed off.

I do not stand and fill air. I always have two of these chairs in my Jeep. They are like $10 and they hold my big ass just fine.

upload_2020-4-21_20-14-9.png

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Not much clearance behind light. Can you post a picture of your MB?

ECAD41F9-D413-4194-B899-A985D2E8B991.jpeg

400609DA-DCA2-433C-9F36-C2F904DA6F0E.jpeg
Those clearances are really tight, but they do work, and the overall look is great! I think I'll mount my Daylighters (got a set of black can pencil beams waitin' in the garage) the same way.

Did you drill out the mounting hole on the Mopar mount concentric with the factory hole, or did you "cheat" it forward a little?

Thank you for taking the time to share the info on your mod!

Since you asked, here's my "old school" civilianized 1944 MB:

1944 MB.jpg

Although "civilianized", there is nothing done that cannot be readily undone to return it to military trim; all running gear is bone stock; even has backup hand crank start. If I were to return it to military trim, the only significant challenge would be filling the holes after removing the roll cage.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
The only reason that I did not go with a CO2 tank is I plan on doing a trip from Arizona to Alaska and do not want the added cost of having to refill the tank. The twenty dollars to fill the tank is not a big deal, but having to take potentially a full day out of my travels to find a place, then drive to it is and could also be expensive. I am sure there are places that If I had to drive forty to a hundred miles out of my way to fill a tank, I would end up pissed off.

I do not stand and fill air. I always have two of these chairs in my Jeep. They are like $10 and they hold my big ass just fine.
Yep, the tanks eventually go empty = major bummer. I'm in the big ass club myself. LOL