Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
Update on the latest project (sold the red in my thumbnail): 2" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers,@RuggedRidge Spartacus Modular Front Bumper,@DV8_Offroad Hammer Rear Bumper,@FalconShocks,#ARB Dual Air Compressor, Mopar Rear Hatch Reinforcement, #Rustys Spare Tire Delete Kit. Probably adding a rear hatch table. #WARNWinch on the way.

2020 Rubicon 2DR.jpg

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Mine just came in the mail yesterday. My phone db app was reading an average of 67 when driving at 75 mph which is my normal commute speed. I'm hoping for a after db reading below 60 when I finish all of the noise canceling stuff I have planned.
Installed and tested, showed just a hair over a db on average lower for the same stretch of road, and speed. Not really sure that is substantial enough to recommend.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Installed and tested, showed just a hair over a db on average lower for the same stretch of road, and speed. Not really sure that is substantial enough to recommend.
You have a soft top correct? It might make a big difference with a hard top like in the winter.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Recently installed Rancho's parking brake relocation bracket along with Rancho's rear lower control arm skids. Both are great products, however (at least on the 2-door JL's) you will want to install the bolt that attaches the OEM parking brake bracket to the Rancho drop bracket from above as shown in pictures below instead of from the bottom as shown in the instructions-from below the bolt will press into the fuel filler neck. The rear skids are beefy and tuck up tighter than anything else I looked at-only thing I did not like was the red so had them powdered coated along with some other items I was having done at the time.

IMG_1238.jpg
IMG_1239.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

KC Hilites mounted on Mopar brackets. Removed Euro and skid plate plastic.

3459D3AB-80CB-4F34-B673-879E701E7176.jpeg
I really like the old school look of the KC Daylighters on the bumper! :like: I’m thinking about doing the same setup; any problems or challenges with the combination of the Mopar brackets and the Daylighters? My main concerns are the height of the Mopar brackets (they seem kinda low) and the Daylighter cans clearance with the grill.

Thanks for any info or suggestions on the install! :) :jk:

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
ARB makes a really nice on board setup, both the single & the twin work very well. Otherwise the closest gas station will suffice. You don’t want to drive too long with low air pressure on the main roads it can be dangerous and it’s hard on the tires.
I have the ARB Dual Aircompressor CKMTA12 installed in the rear hatch of my JL Rubicon 2DR. It's come in handy many times, even to air up other Wranglers in our family inventory.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Yesterday I installed black plastic grill inserts and headlight surrounds to replace the kinda charcoal colored ones that come on a stock Rubicon. A very easy 35 minute job, that probably could have been done in 15, but I took my sweet time (not like I have to be someplace). I purchased the inserts from a member here (Thanks @jlkev) for a reasonable price. I figured I could change them back quite easily and I have a good market to resell right here (or keep and resell the original Rubicon inserts).

Anyway, I am really up in the air with these. I don't dislike by any means, but Its not a slam dunk love either. The difference is actually very subtle so I'll probably live with it for awhile before making a final decision to keep of not. Any opinions here pro or con are appreciated!

Without any further ado, here are the before (1st two) and after (2nd two) pics.

Before 1.jpg

Before 2.jpg

After 1.jpg

After 2.jpg

EDIT: looking at these pics I can see the sun wasn't really cooperating with me. The before pics were with an overcast sly and the after pics were taken after the sun came out, creating a shiny glare on the black. I'll probably need to take a few more pics for the group in better (more diffuse) lighting.