First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Yes, they come with a plastic simulated ring that protects the secondary lip used for real bead lock ring......Yeah... a little steep, but still a lot cheaper than kmc machetes..... lol...
What happens if you get a flat, are they easy to repair? Will any tire shop fix them? Does it cost more or less than "normal" wheels?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What happens if you get a flat, are they easy to repair? Will any tire shop fix them? Does it cost more or less than "normal" wheels?
You can do it yourself, but it’s a pain in the ass. Some tire shops will do them, but it’s best to use a 4x4 shop. And it cost more to have them mounted and balanced, because it’s best to have them road force balanced. So if the road force number is to high, they have to take tire back off and spin it 180 degrees. The bolts in the ring have to be torqued in a certain sequence so that’s what makes it so time consuming, which is why it cost more.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You can do it yourself, but it’s a pain in the ass. Some tire shops will do them, but it’s best to use a 4x4 shop. And it cost more to have them mounted and balanced, because it’s best to have them road force balanced. So if the road force number is to high, they have to take tire back off and spin it 180 degrees. The bolts in the ring have to be torqued in a certain sequence so that’s what makes it so time consuming, which is why it cost more.
Sounds like an unnecessary hassle, why go to all that trouble. If you get the right wheels you don't need to worry about beads breaking, right?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like an unnecessary hassle, why go to all that trouble. If you get the right wheels you don't need to worry about beads breaking, right?
Bead locks give you the opportunity to air down for better traction, without worrying about popping a bead. If you don’t think this is necessary, and it’s to much hassle, then maybe they’re not for you. We wheel every weekend and sometimes after work during the week, use my rig more off road than on. For me they work great, and is worth the trouble.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to wiring the LED brake light in the bumper. I got tired of seeing it taking up space, sitting there looking like a string of pearls. It's a pain in the ass removing the interior panel, tailgate panel & table, dropping the wire behind the tail light, & Posi-tapping it into the CHMSL.

The things isolation gives you time to do.

brake_003.jpg

brake_002.jpg

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Bead locks give you the opportunity to air down for better traction, without worrying about popping a bead. If you don’t think this is necessary, and it’s to much hassle, then maybe they’re not for you. We wheel every weekend and sometimes after work during the week, use my rig more off road than on. For me they work great, and is worth the trouble.
Thanks, I'm new to this so still learning. I won't be rock climbing so, don't plan to ever air down. However, I do plan to explore some serious trails.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Installed the Redline Tuning Quicklift hood struts that I ordered on 4/2/20. They shipped out by Priority Mail the next day but it took the postal service 12 days to deliver. I guess that those folks must be struggling.

The struts were pretty simple to install - would have been even easier if I didn't have three thumbs. And, they work great. I consider them to be a nice investment for ~$90.

Later,
Johnny

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It was oil change time today. Out came Mobil 1 AP 0w20 after exactly 8,000 miles and in went Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0w20. I'm a Mobil 1 guy, but I got the Rotella on rebate and with an Autozone reward, combined with clearance price. In other words, they gave me $10 to buy this oil! I actually got three 5qt jugs this way, so I got $30 bucks for buying it. My JK is running the 5w20 version right now and my son's Grand Cherokee will run the 5w30 version at his next change. Anyway, it is great oil at full price, but if I get $10 in my pocket for running it, I'll run it every time. I like the specs on this SOPUS product better than their Pennzoil Platinum (which I still think is outstanding oil). The specs are slightly better than Ultra Platinum, IIRC, but it is very close.

A sample of the M1 will go off for analysis, and I'll do another on this oil most likely at 5k. WHo knows, though. I may go 8k again. The oil life monitor, btw, was at 4% today when I changed it, so I'm thinking 8300 to 8400 miles would have gotten it to zero.

The M1 filter came out fine, but it was more twisted than the Fram Ultras I had run before. I've seen nothing in my used oil analyses that indicates any kind of problem with the filters, so I think the twisting is normal and harmless. Still, it was twisted pretty good. I've got 10 or 11 of these M1 filters left, so I'll be running them for a good while to come before going back to Fram Ultras.

kF4jUBI.jpg

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Changed out the lights on one of my roam side steps while the kids was taking a nap. We shall see when I can do the other side lol.

20200418_150327_HDR.jpg

20200418_150321_HDR.jpg
Your amber LEDs look good. Did you find them in a diameter that didn’t need the holes to be drilled out?

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Police Officer, Firefighter, EMT, ARFF
Installed the Dynomax muffler delete. Install was easy and only took around 30 min. Initial impressions...100% satisfied with the tone. This is the way it should sound from the factory. It’s a deep tone but doesn’t overwhelm the senses. I loved the borla climber exhaust but from where it dumped just past the axel, it was causing vibration noises inside the cab...extremely annoying. At $100 this is by far the best exhaust mod. Tone is great, clearance gains are great, weight savings are great. I’m going to drive it for a week or so and will respond with final thoughts but extremely satisfied at the moment.

F8EFC67B-13C0-4EBD-B05D-B3040BE7B9D8.jpeg