What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
After finishing my lift install I noticed the parking brake cables were very tight when approaching full articulation so installed the Rancho parking brake cable relocation bracket. It is pretty easy to install and works great, however the instructions should be revised...They show using the OEM bracket & bolt to attach to the Rancho drop bracket with the OEM bolt being installed from the bottom and fastened with the Rancho supplied nut and washer from above. *Do not install with bolt facing up, this puts the bolt close to or against the filler neck, instead simply drop the bolt in from the top and fasten the OEM bracket to the bolt with the supplied nut and washer. The other thing you might want to do is carefully adjust the evaporation canister so there is just a bit of space between the canister / lines and the parking brake brake cables.

NOTE: The above revised instructions my only apply to 2-door models, I took a quick look at neighbors 4-door JL and his seems to have a bit more clearance in this area...Still a good idea to install the bolt from the top however!

ScottyD-NJ

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Mojito
So far my CoVID19 project:

RR Venator bumper with overrider, mount two Mopar 7-inch lights on the overider, Warn VR 10s with Factor 55 Prolink, also put on the RR amfib snorkel and RR light guards.

Thoughts:
1. Took advantage of the rebates and coupons going on right now, support Jeep aftermarket part vendors since they were hit hard. I also have plenty of time to go slow for instillation right now, my Jeep has not moved for at least three weeks.
2. RR's QC is shit, 90% of their products won't lineup and required some sorts of modifications during installation.
3. Mopar 7 inch lights are beast, build like Tank (priced as well). They are actual rebrand of Maximum-3 lights, so credit due to them. I never seen any LED light solid like these, outside of actual working light in my construction site.
4. The new VR series Warn is an awesome budget winch, the built-in wireless remote is super!
5. Factor 55 is well worth the money. I actually planed to go the splicer route, but can't pass a deal on Prolink.

Next phase of project:

Relocate my Diode Dynamics LED light bar to either the hood or rear. I tried ZRoadZ hood bracket and don't like them, the rubber gasket and lack of cone washer are pretty bad.
Put on Eibach lift, I used to run Eibach springs on my cars, curious to see their lift quality.
Bestop sunrider once it gets warmer ($200 rebate and 10% N4x4 coupon baby)
Proclip phone mount (15% off)

20200412_103046.jpg
How do you like that bumper? How was the install?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like that bumper? How was the install?
I do like the finishing product, but not a fan of assembly, nothing hard it is just a lot of holes are not lined up properly and hardware not matching the instruction. Since we have to stay at home, I took slowly approach and that paid off.

Just remember, it is a stamped steel bumper, so similar to Mopar steel bumper in terms of longevity. Definitely not able to smash rocks like the big ugly metal chunks and tubes weld together. But it looks nice especially the two-tone flavor.

BTW: be careful about Rugged Ridge Rebate program, they are bag of weasels and will try any opportunity to deny your claim.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Started to trim rear fender wells. Put some weld in it. Just need to sand and re-paint. Also added some Molle's to the OEM tailgate. I just cut some bigger vents. Through all this, i still havent found a Molle that fits my air hose yet..

OH - and turned the mileage of my first MODEM - LOL
IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_5765.JPG
IMG_4443.JPG

I have the same Molle bags, but gave up on mounting them, because I couldn't figure out how to mount them in the same place you did. Did that panel just pop out? Did you brake anything when trying to install? I aborted for fear of breaking something.

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Small changes plasti dipped my Baja Design ONX6 light mount.
IMG_0342.jpg
IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Added these hinges to support my 35 in spare. No more rattles and squeaks

16A2B805-CBEB-4DF5-8DD4-47288C9EA409.jpeg
How does it feel when it swings? I have the Mopar tailgate reinforcement, and with the 35" tire, when I open and shut the tailgate if feels flimsy to me. Thanks

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same Molle bags, but gave up on mounting them, because I couldn't figure out how to mount them in the same place you did. Did that panel just pop out? Did you brake anything when trying to install? I aborted for fear of breaking something.
I used a trim tool to pull that off. There's about a dozen tabs that hold it in. I think 1 did break, but no big deal. You can remove it like you would remove any other piece of trim. From there, i used a dremel and cut larger slits in it. It was messy and doesnt look the best, but i dont care. For the 2 Molle's on the right, i opened the bottom slit and 3 from the top. Hope that helps!

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase