What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
Installed Quadratec 1.75 spacers. I like the look of the tire set out just slightly, I like my stock wheels, my 35s were still rubbing under load just slightly in the rear with my 1.5 Terraflex lift. So...spacers!
IMG_20200331_143859.jpg
IMG_20200331_143933.jpg
I like that look as well. Any change in driving feel?

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
Installed KC Cyclone rock lights in Amber. My primary use will be campsite ambient lighting. Will be doing a little more detailed write up, especially since I couldn’t really find too much online. Thanks for guidance from @rustyshakelford

9FF24CD4-EE21-4A2B-813F-0DFAF18AA9E6.jpeg

A4360287-C9FF-4A52-9EAA-A1553DB28710.jpeg
I’m looking forward to your write up. I hope you can detail how you wired this. Will it go on when you unlock with the remote key fob

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Got a little carried away with the ol' P-Touch machine and made a relay/fuse legend for the underside of my Voswitch power module lid...
I see your backup light label, what backup lights are you using? I'm looking at options now.

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Cool my broke butt put together a Chinese knock off one instead. I been draining it every 400 miles and it's been collecting a ton of liquid. The way it's going I feel like I can't wait until 3k miles is this normal.

IMG_20200315_122411.jpg

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Got my Mopar lift on my new JLUR today. Since @Stormin’ Moorman decided to break his leg a friend came over to help. Looks great!

9AE3EFE9-C09C-4763-8A03-246908AE53A5.jpeg

071356B5-C70D-429E-B4A0-533744F65A59.jpeg
I know youre losing sleep over the color because you wanted Bikini so badly. The sting grey will eventually grow on you. Enjoy !

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Cool my broke butt put together a Chinese knock off one instead. I been draining it every 400 miles and it's been collecting a ton of liquid. The way it's going I feel like I can't wait until 3k miles is this normal.

IMG_20200315_122411.jpg
Yes and no, cooler temps and can quality have a great deal to do with it, saving $100 on a Chinese can is not something I would do, especially in my $57K Rubicon.
Read about it here: https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/212589-the-truth-about-catch-cans/

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
It was a beautiful day. Put the Sunrider for Hardtop back on and put my UPR Oil Catch Can on.
F15A6EEB-7319-4F75-AFB0-E441909AE41E.jpeg
Hi Steve, educate me please. I’ve never seen an oil catch can. What’s it for? And don’t say “to catch oil” lol. Is this another filter?

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Keep in mind I reused my LEDs and didnt buy the end caps because I wanted the stubby look (both drivers to buy it part vs whole)
Bumper
Skid plate
Aftermarket light bracket (if you do go this way let's chat about this)
Cover plate
Filler
All hardware
$700
IMG_5337(1).jpg
Can you please measure the opening of the winch hole from end to end as well as the height? Thank you.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Quarantined - YUP! MOAR Jeep MODS - YUP!!

Did Synergy Sector Brace and ARB Twin Air install:

The Sector brace didn't help my Jeep much, but it clearly helped my Wife's. Hers had wandering and a dead spot. Our Jeep both started off really good and have the same hardware. It's odd that hers had steering affected. Without knowing too much, i'll guess that the steering box has some slop in it. I'm going to check the P/N for her steering box, as i heard there was a replacement. Also, might try that adjustment. I have done that on past Jeeps with success. The brace install was easy, the ARB needed a little love. Details in our build thread. Also, hit all the zerks with some of the green stuff!

IMG_5698.JPG
IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_6176.JPG
IMG_7556.JPG

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

The Sector brace didn't help my Jeep much, but it clearly helped my Wife's. Hers had wandering and a dead spot. Our Jeep both started off really good and have the same hardware. It's odd that hers had steering affected. Without knowing too much, i'll guess that the steering box has some slop in it. I'm going to check the P/N for her steering box, as i heard there was a replacement. Also, might try that adjustment. I have done that on past Jeeps with success. The brace install was easy, the ARB needed a little love. Details in our build thread. Also, hit all the zerks with some of the green stuff!

IMG_5698.JPG
IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_6176.JPG
IMG_7556.JPG
I didn't get much help from the sector brace either. But after i tried that i had them put in the new steering box and that helped a lot. I think some jeeps need more help than others. I definitely recommend the steering box if all else fails

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
Hi Steve, educate me please. I’ve never seen an oil catch can. What’s it for? And don’t say “to catch oil” lol. Is this another filter?
But that is what it does, catches Oil.

I'm going to do a very bad job of trying to explain this and there is a ton of positions in favor and opposed as it pertains to the usage of Oil Catch Cans. My personal opinion is that while I may not do the extreme angle off roading that is shown in this video, I would still want to have the protection from the residual Oil that currently goes through the air intake and burned by the engine (even if it is an acceptable level by the engineers).

Kevin and Britney did a video on the particular can I purchased -

While the jury is still out on the long term effectiveness of using a catch can is still out there, I think it can only improve engine longevity and health. I am planning on holding onto my Jeep for a long time, I want to do what I can to make sure that my engine stays healthy and running clean for years to come.

While I only have just over 4k miles on my Jeep and haven't taken it off roading yet (Trails closed from winter and doing my upgrades) I was actually surprised that I was able to see and feel oil in the hose on the Air Manifold side (but it was all the way through). I am interested to see how much oil collects and I prevent from going into the air intake and burning.

Hope this helps.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get much help from the sector brace either. But after i tried that i had them put in the new steering box and that helped a lot. I think some jeeps need more help than others. I definitely recommend the steering box if all else fails
I agree. I'll guess that the 18's had more issues, the 19s started to see transition to a new box and maybe the 20s are fixed? I will be looking into the P/N next, to see if there's an option.

BbyGrlJJ

First Name
Jamie Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_5698.JPG
IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_6176.JPG
IMG_7556.JPG
Yep!!! - This definitely helped the steering in my Jeep!! As mentioned in another thread - it didn't 100% fix, but It's MUCH better driving her now! :) Thank you @jlewissystem for installing for me :)

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Pedal Commander. I really like it. Only have about 40 miles on it, but I like the adjustability. Even the "Eco Mode" feels better than stock. It always felt that someone was trying to push slightly my gas pedal up as I was pushing it down, don't have that feeling anymore. I was going to hide it behind the dash and use the phone bluetooth function, but I like just having the button there for quick access. I really want to try out the Eco -4 setting in the snow. I think it would be ideal for the slippery stuff where you want to limit throttle on take off.

IMG_20200403_164507.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
But that is what it does, catches Oil.

I'm going to do a very bad job of trying to explain this and there is a ton of positions in favor and opposed as it pertains to the usage of Oil Catch Cans. My personal opinion is that while I may not do the extreme angle off roading that is shown in this video, I would still want to have the protection from the residual Oil that currently goes through the air intake and burned by the engine (even if it is an acceptable level by the engineers).

Kevin and Britney did a video on the particular can I purchased -

While the jury is still out on the long term effectiveness of using a catch can is still out there, I think it can only improve engine longevity and health. I am planning on holding onto my Jeep for a long time, I want to do what I can to make sure that my engine stays healthy and running clean for years to come.

While I only have just over 4k miles on my Jeep and haven't taken it off roading yet (Trails closed from winter and doing my upgrades) I was actually surprised that I was able to see and feel oil in the hose on the Air Manifold side (but it was all the way through). I am interested to see how much oil collects and I prevent from going into the air intake and burning.

Hope this helps.
Post up a shot of what it collects over a few thousand miles. I'm very curious. I think it might be worth it just to avoid the smoke screen at extreme angles.