What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

rubicon13

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2019
It is riding good. Not that I thought it was bad. But I got the springs for hundred bucks. Got it out on the trail today. Most of the benefits seem to be in that first 1-2" of travel which is what you use on road.

I like that it fixed the factory rake with the rear being a little higher. Also in measuring before beforehand I found drivers side was a little higher. Now it's flat front to rear and side to side.
Thanks for the info. Do you have a link of where you got the springs from?

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks for the info. Do you have a link of where you got the springs from?
I happened to find them locally used. Installed the spacers on a Saturday and by Thursday I had the springs. Just couldn't pass them up. I have the matching Falcon shocks so it was a no brainer

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy noted the 2 doors are supposed to have a reverse rake as well, but on mine the front is slightly lower (possibly due to the fact the factory didn't install one of the coil isolators :^). The description for the Teraflex 2 Door 1.5" spacer kit reads as follows:
"The TeraFlex JL 2-Door 1.5” Performance Spacer Lift Kit corrects the factory nose-down rake..."

Based on that description, I was hoping/expecting the front spacers to be slightly taller than the rears- not the opposite. That's what bummed me out about the kit.. Hopefully, the description will be corrected and coil isolator will create the rake Teraflex designed their kit to correct.

My friend says he's worked on 100s of Jeeps (he owns an aftermarket parts business) and has never seen one with a missing coil isolator.
This is my 2dr after installing the Teraflex ST1 kit (granted I had coil isolators) but it certainly leveled it out. @Fouts

77B700A6-C362-4F22-A01D-96D83834A02A.jpeg

312DB955-604F-49D9-B75D-D2BA28F15FF8.jpeg

16DD2DD0-7512-4EF3-B34A-6AD8B524C69E.jpeg

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Added some shiney parts. Fusion 4x4 tie rod and drag link and king shocks

20200310_124804.jpg

20200310_124725.jpg

20200310_124715.jpg

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!!!...... who’s springs you running? Thanks
They are Currie 2.5" springs for the 4 door. They are installed on the 2 door. I do not have enough miles with them to offer much of an opinion yet. I will have better feedback on them after my trip next week to the Texas Spur Jamboree.

I bought the springs and King shocks from Currie.

I didn't install them, but my installer had issues with the springs bowing. To resolve the bowing, one side has the Mopar 2" lift spring isolator and the other side has the spring isolator from Currie. There is no spring bowing at this point using mixed spring isolators.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They are Currie 2.5" springs for the 4 door. They are installed on the 2 door. I do not have enough miles with them to offer much of an opinion yet. I will have better feedback on them after my trip next week to the Texas Spur Jamboree.

I bought the springs and King shocks from Currie.

I didn't install them, but my installer had issues with the springs bowing. To resolve the bowing, one side has the Mopar 2" lift spring isolator and the other side has the spring isolator from Currie. There is no spring bowing at this point using mixed spring isolators.
Ok thanks, holler at me when you get back if you would, I’m curious how the kings do on the road.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hydroboy35th said:
@Varilux @Fouts this is what’s listed on their website.
Their vendor's website used the description I posted earlier- I included the link in my email to Teraflex, so hopefully they'll work it out with the vendor to correct the description.

On a happier note, the upper isolator arrived at the dealership today- and it was beautiful outside- so took an afternoon off and got everything installed! The dealer said they had never heard of a Jeep missing an isolator- but they weren't surprised (manager said they took delivery of a Gladiator that was missing a back seat straight off the truck... wow).

These are Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.5 R17 tires mounted on KMC-XD137s (which push the wheel out about 2" further than stock).
The suspension components are completely stock with the addition of the Teraflex 1.5 spacer lift and Teraflex 2" bump stops.
A TaserJL Mini recalibrated the tire size (and allowed me to reset my tire pressure alert level and eliminate the annoying start/stop feature).

Perfectly happy with the result! Full ability to turn lock to lock, nothing even close to rubbing. Flexed it and the only possible chance for rubbing we saw was fully flexed with a max turn. Rides great, and I didn't notice any decrease in get up and go. Sits about 4.25" higher than it did on the stock Rubicon wheels/tires.
Going only 1.5" allowed me to keep the factory shocks, and driveshaft angles are barely changed. It does have a forward rake of about 1/2", but I can live with it. My goal was to run 37s with minimal changes to the suspension, and this seems to have fit the bill. The red on the KMC wheels matches the Rubicon dash and (IMO) goes well on my particular Jeep.
c8793effe062939dbe7fd4005af91806d2d9a931.jpg

2406a6f347224fe5f5a6798b28610b301b8362ea.jpg

BEFORE:
efda463fa65beb7ab3b3d4c9720d9e0c4b33adc2.jpg

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
Their vendor's website used the description I posted earlier- I included the link in my email to Teraflex, so hopefully they'll work it out with the vendor to correct the description.

On a happier note, the upper isolator arrived at the dealership today- and it was beautiful outside- so took an afternoon off and got everything installed! The dealer said they had never heard of a Jeep missing an isolator- but they weren't surprised (manager said they took delivery of a Gladiator that was missing a back seat straight off the truck... wow).

These are Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.5 R17 tires mounted on KMC-XD137s (which push the wheel out about 2" further than stock).
The suspension components are completely stock with the addition of the Teraflex 1.5 spacer lift and Teraflex 2" bump stops.
A TaserJL Mini recalibrated the tire size (and allowed me to reset my tire pressure alert level and eliminate the annoying start/stop feature).

Perfectly happy with the result! Full ability to turn lock to lock, nothing even close to rubbing. Flexed it and the only possible chance for rubbing we saw was fully flexed with a max turn. Rides great, and I didn't notice any decrease in get up and go. Sits about 4.25" higher than it did on the stock Rubicon wheels/tires.
Going only 1.5" allowed me to keep the factory shocks, and driveshaft angles are barely changed. It does have a forward rake of about 1/2", but I can live with it. My goal was to run 37s with minimal changes to the suspension, and this seems to have fit the bill. The red on the KMC wheels matches the Rubicon dash and (IMO) goes well on my particular Jeep.

BEFORE:
Very nice.

thez06

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

BEFORE:
I love the look of your Jeep. I had considered those wheels for mine.

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Glad you got it all sorted out and back on the road. That’s crazy about the gladiator showing up without a rear seat smh.

Wrangler JL 360

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Installed pre-runner lights. What a pain in the ass undoing the harness in hard to reach space on lifted truck. But turned out good, only turns on when I turn fogs on though, was hoping it would with just DRL.

D5CE380F-884D-4BCB-AF68-F258D4951617.png