Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Long days this weekend. Installed a few American Adventure Lab items:
  • High line fender brace
  • Fender retention hardware
  • Front inner fender liners
This was frustrating as hell. First, I cut my wrist while splitting one of the fenders. Second, I installed a rivnut in the wrong place and had to figure out how to remove it. Third. I cross threaded one of the rivnuts and spun it while trying to put in and remove the bolt. So a second one I had to cut out. Forth, I spun another rivnut and just said “fuck it” and left it that way. I hate rivnuts with a firey passion (and I have a rivnut tool). I hope the inventor of them is doomed to a certain plane of hell along with the person that invented those plastic “rivets” used for plastic panels.

More pictures later, but here’s one to prove that it happened:
B382F7A1-8A81-4FD1-8843-1114661A2917.jpeg

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Long days this weekend. Installed a few American Adventure Lab items:
  • High line fender brace
  • Fender retention hardware
  • Front inner fender liners
This was frustrating as hell. First, I cut my wrist while splitting one of the fenders. Second, I installed a rivnut in the wrong place and had to figure out how to remove it. Third. I cross threaded one of the rivnuts and spun it while trying to put in and remove the bolt. So a second one I had to cut out. Forth, I spun another rivnut and just said “fuck it” and left it that way. I hate rivnuts with a firey passion (and I have a rivnut tool). I hope the inventor of them is doomed to a certain plane of hell along with the person that invented those plastic “rivets” used for plastic panels.

More pictures later, but here’s one to prove that it happened:
B382F7A1-8A81-4FD1-8843-1114661A2917.jpeg
Who makes that bumper?

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I 2nd this... The welting for me has held up in back, I had to remove it in front, it never really stayed in there.
I had the hollow tubing, but it kept coming out too. I switched to solid core tubing and used 3M double sided tape on the back. You cant see it and it hasnt come out of the gap since.

Runt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
Nice Jeep. How do you like your TopLift? Is it as easy as it looks to remove and replace your Hardtop? I went with Sky One Top. I didn't want to remove and replace hardtop all the time. Why was your Jeep in the shop for 4 months if you don't mind me asking.
I love my TopLift Pro. It is super easy to use and I have always taken my top off by myself, it literally takes about 10 minutes.

As for your other question, my Jeep was in the shop due to some irresponsible PUNK not taking an extra 5-10 minutes to secure his 4-Wheeler in the back of his pickup. The whole accident was caught on my dash cam. 70mph head on collision.
When people tell you, don't skimp on the price of a bumper.... here's your proof!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I love my TopLift Pro. It is super easy to use and I have always taken my top off by myself, it literally takes about 10 minutes.

As for your other question, my Jeep was in the shop due to some irresponsible PUNK not taking an extra 5-10 minutes to secure his 4-Wheeler in the back of his pickup. The whole accident was caught on my dash cam. 70mph head on collision.
When people tell you, don't skimp on the price of a bumper.... here's your proof!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwbgRjOauoulCZOGWfLIPMFAx-E90dvcs
Yikes!

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I tried that but it wouldn't read it.... what format did you use?
I rip using win10 wmp or the winxdvd you can find for free. Rip to .m3u or your choice depending on which file formatting(i use FAT32) and folder formatting you want to be able to scroll through during your drives. Make sure all ID3 tags are updated so you can search or Jeep can file correctly.

Found this on the web too:
Music placed on the USB flash drive is searched by the Jeep software and is usually sorted alphabetically (artist/track) and you are forced to use the "random" function to play the tracks.
I notice that the random playlist is not very accurate and keeps playing few of the same songs again and again each time you get into the car. If anyone wants to preserve the sequence of your playlists from your music collection, please download a program called "Amok Playlist Copy" and see the tutorial below with images:
1. Download the virus free software from AmoK Playlist Copy 2.06 | Download (Official Website). I used the installer instead of zip version and once you finish installation, open the program.
2. Pick any size USB flash drive and format it to FAT 32. Then create a bunch of music folders on the flash drive to mimic your home music playlists.
3. Drag each playlist at a time to the Amok interface and then click on "copy/save" then choose the option "to number serially (No Playlist)". Then choose the flash drive sub-folder you want the music copied to.
4. Click "playlist options" and then choose "delete playlist" (it will just remove them from the program but NOT from your PC). Repeat the same process for all your playlists.
It takes a while for the first time, but you will be able to keep the playlist order while playing the music in the Jeep. This program is very fast and is compatible with FLAC and WAV/MP3 formats.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my high lift jack mounts today from Dominion Off-road. Was pretty easy, just pull the plastic cover and install two bolts....

73B6AA68-390D-44F0-9FFE-A84F0C8A343A.jpeg
8338BBE6-92A7-43E7-9063-CC9A92D5C35E.jpeg

The tricky part is notching out the plastic cover so it fits over the bracket. It doesn’t have directions for this part....:ontheloo: , but @Jeep Generation , Kevin, has a real good video on it. I didn’t use a table saw like he did though. If you got gorilla hands like me, you can use scissors and a razor knife, but if you’re the least bit shaky, I wouldn’t attempt this method. His way is a lot safer.....:whew:.....

F1E7CC24-19AB-46AD-8DDD-1BB9D6669C1A.jpeg

0B51EBD7-C5CB-474A-97F1-5C44BFE624C9.jpeg

Then you snap the covers back on....:)

EF9566F3-D7F5-4825-8CB1-6544EDED5FF9.jpeg
0D6A0CFB-D397-4F6E-945D-662168907D7D.jpeg

602BD19F-173E-4D89-BE99-0FE5D48222AD.jpeg

Now all I need is a jack...:facepalm:... anybody using one from harbor freight?........:)

toneloc2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sahara jl
Vehicle Showcase
Got new shoes! 33s to be specific.

I couldn't have predicted just how big of a visual difference it would have on the Jeep. I am amazed.

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg
is there much of a width diffrence and do you have a lift on your jeep?