What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLU; '15 Golf R; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Vehicle Showcase
I just had to have the tint removed from the front to pass inspection in NY. I know I could have found someone to pass me but just didn't feel like getting hassled because of it.
If you get tints again I got a shop in Queens that will pass.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
FC1556DD-7AEF-4A7A-A6EA-F6B7E1BBD913.jpeg

C41C1E85-5D10-4091-A88B-B694E2F975CC.png

Got a few of my decals installed. And finally got my Roam side steps put on. Really like them.
Another one with the 1941 decal!

I ordered the solid black but after seeing you guys with the 1941 I'm not sure now

Darn it I cant make up my mind

How you like it?!

Lowboy8

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Another one with the 1941 decal!

I ordered the solid black but after seeing you guys with the 1941 I'm not sure now

Darn it I cant make up my mind

How you like it?!
I started out with ordering the solid black with “1941” inside it. My wife liked the die cut decal instead. So I went that way and I really like it now that it’s installed.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Roam step/sliders. Had to wait quite a while before they finally came out with the 2dr version.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_49a.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_49c.jpg

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
received the Rancho diff sliders. Was thinking of painting them black to keep them stealth, but they do match the oem hooks spot on so just left it. Rear went on without issues. The front I did have to file a little bit on one of the ears. No biggie, but since its only being torqued down 15 ftlbs Id recommend taking the 5 minutes to make sure the U bolt drops down without issues and not hung up to get a false reading. Red loctite supplied. The stock bolts on diff had some red loctite, some pink color residue. I had no issue but just wanted to mention it.

IMG_3825.jpg

fullsizeoutput_620.jpeg

01YXlW+5QSia8232zVqBLg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_61f.jpeg
Those look great and are going on my buy list. Stupid question: is there any diff fluid leakage when you pull the oem bolts? Did you have any trouble undoing those bolts given they had red locktite on them?

I looked online and they don't list prices. It also seems Rancho has to be ordered through your authorized local garage. Can I ask how much the diff sliders and rear shock/control arm skids cost? Thanks.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Snipe:
received the Rancho diff sliders. Was thinking of painting them black to keep them stealth, but they do match the oem hooks spot on so just left it. Rear went on without issues. The front I did have to file a little bit on one of the ears. No biggie, but since its only being torqued down 15 ftlbs Id recommend taking the 5 minutes to make sure the U bolt drops down without issues and not hung up to get a false reading. Red loctite supplied. The stock bolts on diff had some red loctite, some pink color residue. I had no issue but just wanted to mention it.

fullsizeoutput_620.jpeg
@aai

I have a utility mat, just like you have.. Geeeez, mine gets a lot of use and I'm sure glad I have one.

Got those curious about such a mat, here is a promo video on the one BedRug sells..

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the 2.5 Rough country spacer lift in the mail. Will be installing it this weekend. Can’t wait!

This thing is packaged well!

7785060F-EF79-4E4C-9D0D-ABF8DD68FFF7.jpeg

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Washed the salt off.
20190327_185305.jpg

And since I'm going away for a month, I got her set up with a babysitter.
20190327_185501.jpg

aai

First Name
aai
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Those look great and are going on my buy list. Stupid question: is there any diff fluid leakage when you pull the oem bolts? Did you have any trouble undoing those bolts given they had red locktite on them?

I looked online and they don't list prices. It also seems Rancho has to be ordered through your authorized local garage. Can I ask how much the diff sliders and rear shock/control arm skids cost? Thanks.
thanks, takes care of the lowest points on the vehicle and somewhat affordable. No diff fluid leak, looks to have a gasket and whatever they prepped it with. Yes saw some pinkish residue, bolts came out no problem. The ones that did feel like it was gummed up good I just ran them back in a few full turns then turned them back out. I use Summit Racing and JEGS a lot for parts since they have warehouses here in the east and prices are competitive. Unsure if we have a vendor/sponsor here. $450 or so shipped for everything.

Visible15

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Not today but on Sunday (first chance to post) did a few things. Installed my mopar sill guards, generic grab handles, center console organizer and finally used my top lift pro!
Looking at their website, it shows they're taking pre-orders for JL version. Do you have a JK version that works with JL hardtop?

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at their website, it shows they're taking pre-orders for JL version. Do you have a JK version that works with JL hardtop?
It’s universal, works for JK and JL. They make them in batches so I’m assuming the pre order is for their next batch.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
It’s universal, works for JK and JL. They make them in batches so I’m assuming the pre order is for their next batch.
Yup - they must be out of stock. :( Probably a prime time for people looking for them to go topless for the spring and summer.

Quake LED