What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

FalKor JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I am pretty sure the only difference is the material and material thickness. I think it is a twill type material. I have never run a premium top. I have never had any issues with a regular top. Going into buying a soft top just know that you will have wind noise and hear more exterior noise. A thicker top may help dampen some of the noise but they all fit the same so the areas that I experience wind noise (above doors) I would think would be the same no matter what. No leaks identified yet.
Sweet! I’m thinking of buying a soft top.. but wasn’t sure what he different was. Thanks !

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Totaled up the cost of all of the aftermarket parts I've ordered for it... Hard to believe without a lift, rims, or tires I'm already at $5000. Still waiting on the exhaust, winch, winch plate, lights, winch guard, winch guard light mounts, tailgate table, and the ACE rock sliders. I'm guessing my order from mopar online parts was flagged because my billing address (home) and shipping address (work) didn't match. If you require the first order to have matching billing and shipping addresses, you MUST state that on the checkout page. Not buried in your shipping FAQ. *rolleyes*

Blackvue DR750S-2CH with Power Magic Pro
Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer (if needed)
XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard
Mopar Black Door Sill Guards
All Weather Floor Mats
Jeep Cargo Mat
Mopar Rear Cargo Tub Liner
Jeep Tailgate Table
Magnaflow Dual Exit Cat Back Exhaust (black)
Rugged Ridge 6” Reflex Antenna
Warn Zeon 10-S
JCR offroad winch plate
Mopar 7” light set
Mopar winch guard
Mopar winch guard light mounts
Factor 55 UltraHook (Red)
ACE Engineering Rock Sliders

I've been mildly annoyed every time I've found out something new that I needed to spend money on in order to get what I want. For instance: Every picture I had previously seen of a winch on a Jeep showed the hook pulled tight against the fairlead. Not one page that I visited showing a winch had any sort of disclaimer saying you couldn't do that. Finally in an instruction manual I saw that you're supposed to hang the hook stupidly from your front tow hook. Yuck. Just looks... well, lazy isn't the right word... "unrefined" I guess? Do I understand why you can't do that? Absolutely. Makes perfect sense. I can't believe I didn't think about it on my own with my engineering and manufacturing background. But, almost to the point of false advertising, everyone showed a normal hook pulled tight against the fairlead in a winch ready bumper.

At that point I found my way to Factor 55. They solved the problem with their UltraHook, among other products.

Another good one: I have a Rubicon Hard Rock right now, and I love the tube rock rails that it has. Had zero clue that the normal Rubicon wasn't like that, nor that the JL would be any different than what I had. That one is my fault, because I clearly didn't look close enough at everyone's JLs. So I ended up buying the Ace rock sliders to match what I have now as closely as is currently possible (without fabricating my own).

The winch thing really bothers me. Jeep rolls out their tricked out Mojito JL and in every single image, the hook is pulled against the fairlead. I have to wonder how many people wreck their hooks or fairleads by doing exactly what they are shown that they can do. I never saw a properly anchored winch hook until I read a few build logs on here. In my mind, pulling the hook flush was just a thing that was done. I had never seen evidence to the contrary. The sample size of images that I've seen is admittedly low, I just find it troublesome that I never had any reason to believe the hook couldn't be pulled tight. I genuinely hope I'm the only one and it's just a lack of research on my part that led me to those conclusions.

JLSpartan

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Installed some accessories today :) love the OEM mats, removing and installing the drain plug got me by surprise... Am not a huge fan of the OEM cargo liner so went with a cheap universal one that you trim and am pretty happy with it for $20!

25A629F4-8BBA-4F87-84C4-DA5AF57F80BC.jpeg

FD538571-594F-4BD1-B66D-DE27DC9A5799.jpeg

D4AC84C9-23AB-48DA-8141-90885500ACAF.jpeg

FC8D7C8D-7631-4B41-AC55-F0083EBFC1A2.jpeg

B7AAEB73-6E3D-4EEB-A7D2-577929DC9078.jpeg

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Installed some accessories today :) love the OEM mats, removing and installing the drain plug got me by surprise... Am not a huge fan of the OEM cargo liner so went with a cheap universal one that you trim and am pretty happy with it for $20!

25A629F4-8BBA-4F87-84C4-DA5AF57F80BC.jpeg

FD538571-594F-4BD1-B66D-DE27DC9A5799.jpeg

D4AC84C9-23AB-48DA-8141-90885500ACAF.jpeg

FC8D7C8D-7631-4B41-AC55-F0083EBFC1A2.jpeg

B7AAEB73-6E3D-4EEB-A7D2-577929DC9078.jpeg
link to the universal cargo mat?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I knew it had to do with resolution But wasnt sure if there was a way to reduce

Its the same pictures as Ive been posting in the threads so thats why I dont get the Garage size limits !!

Like these :\1st one is 4.6 and the 2nd one is 4.37 mb

20180324_120307.jpg

20180323_185402.jpg
How's MPG looking like so far?

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
How's MPG looking like so far?
I dont look !! LOL

Well , like I said in another thread I expected it be below avg and it is ...Im almost thru with my first tank and avg mpg is 16.4 ...but thats intown only and I have a heavy foot which by the way this Rig has plenty of response for 35" tires !!!!!

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I dont look !! LOL

Well , like I said in another thread I expected it be below avg and it is ...Im almost thru with my first tank and avg mpg is 16.4 ...but thats intown only and I have a heavy foot which by the way this Rig has plenty of response for 35" tires !!!!!
What?! That's great. I'm gettin 15-17 with no damn lift or tires.

JLSpartan

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
What?! That's great. I'm gettin 15-17 with no damn lift or tires.
I dont want to look at millage really ...Its a Jeep ! Im gonna loose some comforts along with some economy factors

But this Rig is awesome !!!!!!!!!

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Where are you in VA btw?
I’m near Virginia Beach. You’re in Richmond? Also I’m thinking of lowering my deductible to $100. I’ve already gotten a chip and his huge crack so it might be worth it...

BDK Heavy Duty Rubber Cargo Floor Mat - All Weather Trunk Protection, Trimmable to Fit & Durable HD Rubber (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PV5F2L6?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf I got to say it's a bit smelly but I'm sure it will sit out :)
That mat looks pretty good. I may have to get it. I have a dog hammock that covers the backseat and extends to the rear gate.

I dont want to look at millage really ...Its a Jeep ! Im gonna loose some comforts along with some economy factors

But this Rig is awesome !!!!!!!!!
Ha! I’m trying to hold out on my mpgs as long as possible. I’m getting 18-19 in town. Can’t wait to see it on the highway for road trips!

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
I’m near Virginia Beach. You’re in Richmond? Also I’m thinking of lowering my deductible to $100. I’ve already gotten a chip and his huge crack so it might be worth it...
Yeah I’m in RVA... been looking for someone local with a Sport/Sahara that might want to buy my Rubi wheels/tires if I decide to move up to 35s, so if you have any interest feel free to PM me. They would be such an upgrade for you over the stock Duelers you probably have!

And if you already have a windshield crack then you probably will want to update your deductible ASAP and then sit on it for a while before you call in the claim. Not sure they’d react kindly if you lowered your deductible and then filed a claim the next day, lol

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I’m a wee bit late for what I did yesterday.
I continued to track & hope & cross my fingers that two door builds will start rolling soon! And to appease myself after a rough couple of weeks, I booked a trip to Rausch Creek Off Road Park with fellow Jeep peeps from the forum!! :jk::like::rock:

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
I’m a wee bit late for what I did yesterday.
I continued to track & hope & cross my fingers that two door builds will start rolling soon! And to appease myself after a rough couple of weeks, I booked a trip to Rausch Creek Off Road Park with fellow Jeep peeps from the forum!! :jk::like::rock:
Hey @LydiaSP613 , is there any more room for another NY Jeep forum member like say, myself to join you all? :like:

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Yeah I’m in RVA... been looking for someone local with a Sport/Sahara that might want to buy my Rubi wheels/tires if I decide to move up to 35s, so if you have any interest feel free to PM me. They would be such an upgrade for you over the stock Duelers you probably have!

And if you already have a windshield crack then you probably will want to update your deductible ASAP and then sit on it for a while before you call in the claim. Not sure they’d react kindly if you lowered your deductible and then filed a claim the next day, lol
Ya we might be able work something out! I thought about the deductible thing too. Definitely going to lower it due to now owning a jeep. I had to replace my old cars windshield in January -.-

There’s always room! :like: We’re going on Saturday 04/14 & Sunday 04/15.
That Rausch park looks fun, can baby wranglers go?

BT

Back on topic, my bartact seat covers came in last night but I was out all evening... tried putting the driver seat on this morning and I ... need way more time to figure it out

Edit: got em done! Copilot helped me out. Talked to the bartact guys and it’s still a couple month wait for the cloth backseats. :/

1B72F89A-227C-476A-A42E-F6D30288ECF5.jpeg

4395F40D-E41A-4C75-8EA9-11982D253B5F.jpeg

1D949038-05E3-47D8-87F0-A0BBB3FE2B24.jpeg

91E9E7EC-A1E6-46F9-B1BF-DAA9866FF80B.jpeg

6AE7BB59-B872-4567-AE57-203CEDBFF891.jpeg

Last edited: