What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Installed Rock Krawler Sway Bar Quick Disconnects.

First off, my jack stands are too short for this JL on 37s :headbang: so I did the whole install with the wheels on. Had to switch wheels back and forth side-to-side a few times, and had super awkward angles to work on it, but it worked out.

The lower end (disconnect studs) have a little notch for an open end wrench, but man that was no fun tightening those down. What a pain. Poor design IMO.

Also the pass. side bracket was impossible to get perfectly centered. I did my best, but in the end, I used the OE bolt (also zinc) because it fit better. I can't decide why (same size threading, same size head) but it fit through a lot better. It was long enough and seemed to work just fine.

Re-connecting was also a PITA. I had to jack up one side of the axle a little bit. I don't know how I will do this out on the trails tbh; maybe find a rock to climb up to give it some articulation...

Lastly, I installed the retention straps using my rivet tool and 5/16" nutserts. Worked great with the RK strap bolts, so I just didn't use the nuts. The nutserts went in fine after I cleaned up the holes there with 7/16" drill bit. I used RTV on them as well since I did drill that frame hole out a little bit.

Also used blue thread locker on everything.

Took about an hour from start-to-finish... No bolts were too difficult, but I did use a mix of hand tools and ratchets.

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What brand spray paint did you use and are you happy with the results?
Rustoleum Flat soft iron. I like this product better than all the other rustoleum products i have used. Coverage is good and it has a wide spray pattern. It also has a little sparkle when you look at it closely buit it is really subtle

soft-iron-rust-oleum-universal-craft-spray-paint-271473-c3_1000.jpg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Got the 5.13 gears installed. Much bette drivability and response. 70 mph at 2500ish rpm. About to plug in the tazer. Also, just got an auto start fault for some reason

Brett

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
I want those Falcons bad.
First time driving today and the setup is incredible, the adjustment shocks do really well and the adjustability is perfect for off-road/DD/highway

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
First time driving today and the setup is incredible, the adjustment shocks do really well and the adjustability is perfect for off-road/DD/highway
Well arm successfullly pulled lol I’ve got the Falcon Sterling Stabilizer so I guess I’m Falcon all in now! Will be ordering in a few months I suppose lol

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Vector GGB! Needed some additional space for all the S!?# that we carry around. The fit and finish of the unit is fantastic! Would highly recommend this to anyone looking to add additional storage space to the rear of there JL.

2CBA9E69-EE69-431D-997D-A2841F1C1885.jpeg

First Height Setting
21D92FE6-8742-4F5A-9C47-F928E5D1DB3B.jpeg

Third Height Setting
D77AFC20-8BDC-4672-A220-BE4270E12539.jpeg

Second Height Setting
B104F264-443B-4618-A319-7701F6B3AFA0.jpeg

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Vector GGB! Needed some additional space for all the S!?# that we carry around. The fit and finish of the unit is fantastic! Would highly recommend this to anyone looking to add additional storage space to the rear of there JL.

2CBA9E69-EE69-431D-997D-A2841F1C1885.jpeg

First Height Setting
21D92FE6-8742-4F5A-9C47-F928E5D1DB3B.jpeg

Third Height Setting
D77AFC20-8BDC-4672-A220-BE4270E12539.jpeg

Second Height Setting
B104F264-443B-4618-A319-7701F6B3AFA0.jpeg
Looks sweet!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for posting the heights! I've been eyeing the GGB for quite a while, but I'm very worried about how much space I'll have under it. This is really useful!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Checked a few mods off the list (one of which didn't work out, but gave me leads).

First, the My Medic MyFak that I picked up on their Black Friday sale:
IMG_0537.png

What I like about it is that it peels right off:
IMG_0540.png

Next, a pair of Molle Fender Well panels from Molle Platform Solutions. I say "a pair", because I didn't read the fine print and ordered the pair even though I have the Alpine subwoofer. If someone does decide to place an order, know that the pair won't fit the subwoofer. I got creative, but I'm not sure I'll keep it this way:
IMG_0518.png

IMG_0520.png

And then the Springtail Solutions tailgate folding table:
IMG_0533.png

IMG_0534.png

And then my attempt at making use of the accessory holes on the Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...gate-reinforcement-kit-accessory-holes.20462/

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Installed Rock Krawler Sway Bar Quick Disconnects.

First off, my jack stands are too short for this JL on 37s :headbang: so I did the whole install with the wheels on. Had to switch wheels back and forth side-to-side a few times, and had super awkward angles to work on it, but it worked out.

The lower end (disconnect studs) have a little notch for an open end wrench, but man that was no fun tightening those down. What a pain. Poor design IMO.

Also the pass. side bracket was impossible to get perfectly centered. I did my best, but in the end, I used the OE bolt (also zinc) because it fit better. I can't decide why (same size threading, same size head) but it fit through a lot better. It was long enough and seemed to work just fine.

Re-connecting was also a PITA. I had to jack up one side of the axle a little bit. I don't know how I will do this out on the trails tbh; maybe find a rock to climb up to give it some articulation...

Lastly, I installed the retention straps using my rivet tool and 5/16" nutserts. Worked great with the RK strap bolts, so I just didn't use the nuts. The nutserts went in fine after I cleaned up the holes there with 7/16" drill bit. I used RTV on them as well since I did drill that frame hole out a little bit.

Also used blue thread locker on everything.

Took about an hour from start-to-finish... No bolts were too difficult, but I did use a mix of hand tools and ratchets.

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg
I try find a really flat spot to reconnect. If that doesn’t work, my wife drives it onto a bump, and I walk backwards while she drives over it while pulling it on. A few blood blisters have resulted, don’t try this with a beer in your left hand.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Tried to install my tazer JL mini last night for the gears and speedo. Wouldn’t do anything but crazy flash. Texted joe and he responded back late that evening. Forgot it was Sunday and he’s on east coast time. Told him I didn’t want to bother him so late around the holidays. He told me he will get me going tonight. Great customer service. Apparently he had some go out that have an issue right off the back. I got on the laptop and muddled my way thru it. I don’t know crap about computers but felt like I was hacking into NORAD with all the dragging and clicking and specials codes.

That said, it’s in and works great now.

Brett