First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I wondered the same thing the first time I saw it. And although I don't have one yet, I'm going to be picking one up. I found this chart compelling.

comparison_chart.jpg

Basically, it's rated for all kinds of fires, it's 20% the size of a traditional can, and lasts 5 times longer. It's basically miniaturization technology come to fire extinguishers. But as with other miniaturization, the drawback initially is cost.

Having said that, the relative cost is high compared to cheaper alternatives, but the absolute cost is pretty low. At least by Jeep standards. ;-)
Oh look. Research! I have 2. Front and cargo.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
I added a splash of color by painting my calipers red using the "G2 Brake Caliper Paint System kit."

Not a tough job. Just a little time consuming considering the need to get it up on four jack stands (using the stock scissor jack). I'm happy with the look!

fullsizeoutput_37c4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_37f2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_37c5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_37c7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_37c9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_37c8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_37ca.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_37cb.jpeg

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
Installed my new @AlienSunshade (front & back). The Cherry Red absolutely rocks with the Ocean Blue Metallic!

Jeep Yard.jpg

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After about 6 weeks of rain I finally got to check out my Rugged Ridge Trail Mirrors. Like the look and it seems solid at high speeds so far. Passenger side had a bad bushing where arm connects near the jamb nut so I couldn’t install it. May just go with the driver side only as the visibility of the passenger side is wide open with doors off and they are not required in Texas. :jk:

F871F1D1-8931-4E6A-BBCE-75984F56B39F.jpeg
39022DE1-2BC4-4183-8FF3-08AD86464A76.jpeg
5F11E339-43CF-4C29-8BA8-C33A0AC301FC.jpeg
4C2757D4-D23A-4575-82DD-5D634971568C.jpeg
Been looking at these - how easily are the mirrors removed? Can they just be popped on and off or are tools required?

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Installed yourself? How was the process? Thinking about doing the same, but I'm concerned it'll be more than I can handle on my own...
Yes I did it myself. It was supposedly be a 3 hour process but took me about 5. Hardest part was retorquing all the control arms on the ground after the spacers were installed. Just a lot of laying on your back and wrenching. I'm definately feeling it today.

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Small, but worth it... installed led back up lights

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
Can you upload a video of how it sounds? Thanks.
I could but the results wouldn't be as nearly helpful as can be found in this thread

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/borla-exhaust-for-the-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl.7376/

There's a terrific video (post #99) wherein stock is compared with varying Borla exhaust types. I chose the "touring" version of the axle-back set-up. It's got just enough rumble for me while not being too much for my wife.

Installation took about an hour. The most difficult part, by far, was getting the stock tube downstream from the cat to slide inside the new muffler tubing. Tight fit! I'm happy with the results---both the look and the sound---though.