What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Ah got it. Dam I should have done that too... thanks for the reply.
I think you are good. After getting the softop installed my first thought was why did I spring for dual tops. No exaggeration it is as quiet as the hard top plus I run topless/softop from March to October anyway. Hardtop during the winter months. Softtop looks great and the improvements they made are awesome. No zippers, easier to take up and down, super quite. If I had known the soft top would be this good I wouldn't have done dual tops. Now I'm talking premium softop. Can't speak to the other top.

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Took delivery of my JLUR 2 days ago and Installed mopar 2" lift and my 38s
54213195210__02D94FAA-D4F6-40E5-8B21-81C9B2CAD19E.jpg
IMG_4219.jpg
IMG_4165.jpg
IMG_4199.jpg
IMG_4212.jpg
I've been monitoring all the comments related to the Mopar Lift, do you have any bowing? I haven't seen one with red springs, is yours the updated on with the fix? Fingers crossed they replaced the springs. Your rig looks awesome!

matto

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKR 2008, Jeep JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are good. After getting the softop installed my first thought was why did I spring for dual tops. No exaggeration it is as quiet as the hard top plus I run topless/softop from March to October anyway. Hardtop during the winter months. Softtop looks great and the improvements they made are awesome. No zippers, easier to take up and down, super quite. If I had known the soft top would be this good I wouldn't have done dual tops. Now I'm talking premium softop. Can't speak to the other top.
I agree... The premium soft top is amazing!!!! It is a lot taller then the hard top. Had to sister the beams and trim 3 inches off my carport and it def wont fit in my garage with the soft top up but more reason to just leave it down. Just happy I live in south Texas.

matto

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKR 2008, Jeep JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've been monitoring all the comments related to the Mopar Lift, do you have any bowing? I haven't seen one with red springs, is yours the updated on with the fix? Fingers crossed they replaced the springs. Your rig looks awesome!
Mine isnt the fixed lift... I used Rust-Oleum® Peel Coat® the offroad version that is much thicker to paint it. It took 4 cans to complete it. Yes the front drivers side bows but not hitting the bump stop. There should be a fix here soon supposedly.

FalKor JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Sweet! I really appreciate the reply... this was great insight. Thank you!

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Have it repeared! Much cheaper and will be unnoticeable. Ask and look around. Good luck.

I actually stop by at a couple shops. One of them was the body shop from my local dealer. They said they don't have any support and no matter what they do to it, will crack eventually. Both shops advise to just get a new one.

Whats the "reaper" repair?

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
This is great to hear. My JK had a dual top but after a couple of test drives I decided to take a chance and order just a premium soft top. The test drives were short so it is good to get this feedback from someone driving it everyday.

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Mine isnt the fixed lift... I used Rust-Oleum® Peel Coat® the offroad version that is much thicker to paint it. It took 4 cans to complete it. Yes the front drivers side bows but not hitting the bump stop. There should be a fix here soon supposedly.
Thanks for the clarification and getting my hopes up! With that being said, I'm going to steal your idea and paint my springs as well, looks great.

Kenny121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I agree... The premium soft top is amazing!!!! It is a lot taller then the hard top. Had to sister the beams and trim 3 inches off my carport and it def wont fit in my garage with the soft top up but more reason to just leave it down. Just happy I live in south Texas.
Ummmmm.... how much is “a lot”? I’m parking in a garage and worried about soft top height! Getting dual tops and clear for hard top. Do you know total height requirements for a soft top?

crik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2018 JLUS
Good to hear the premium soft top is so nice. I ordered that on my JLUS, but haven't taken delivery yet. Didn't order a hard top.

One question: how do you access the rear cargo area? Do you have to remove the back window section of the soft top completely, or can you open the tail gate and just lift that rear section out of the way?

Love this forum, by the way. Lots of great information.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
One question: how do you access the rear cargo area? Do you have to remove the back window section of the soft top completely, or can you open the tail gate and just lift that rear section out of the way?

Love this forum, by the way. Lots of great information.
You can just open the tailgate and access the rear without touching the window. If you need a larger opening to access the rear you would pop out the bottom and sides of the window and just flip it up over the top out of the way. No need to slide it to the side and completely remove it. This is where the new soft top design is nice as before you had stiff shitty zippers to deal with.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
You can just open the tailgate and access the rear without touching the window. If you need a larger opening to access the rear you would pop out the bottom and sides of the window and just flip it up over the top out of the way. No need to slide it to the side and completely remove it. This is where the new soft top design is nice as before you had stiff shitty zippers to deal with.
Since I saw someone else reference Archer on the forum somewhere:

um-phrasing.jpg

malencar

First Name
Mauro Alencar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Granite Crystal Metallic
Designed, 3D Printed and installed my custom Wireless (Qi) iPhone charger.
The microUSB cable is routed behind the dash and taps into the 12V cigarette lighter.
I use a thin magnetic case on my iPhone and it attaches securely to the charger.

IMG_0358.jpeg
IMG_0357.jpeg
IMG_0356.jpeg
IMG_0355.jpeg