What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I put on the Brawlee Led light bar for the rear window so I can have a light while overlanding/camping! I decided to wire it into the cigarette lighter so I can have it running with the jeep off and then added a switch into the small cutout. I can't tell if that spot was made for a switch since it fits perfectly!

IMG_20180803_211126.jpg IMG_20180803_211120.jpg IMG_20180803_211117.jpg IMG_20180803_211114.jpg IMG_20180803_211057.jpg IMG_20180803_211102.jpg

It's possible to run the wires thru the inner and outer shell of the hardtop, then open the existing wire track and run the wires with the others. There is enough room for more wires. I know, I did it. Came out super clean!

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
This, I like! Although I already have mounted in the rear cargo, I think I might look into this. Nice job. Looks great. Looks as if it cuts down on foot room though, no?
How do you route the air hose from the passenger side to the driver side? Can you take a photo. Thanks

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I like to carry bolt cutters, but had no place to keep them, now I do. Yep that's a Missing sensor plug in the bumper.@JcrOffroad

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
image.png
Anyone have this tuffy rear gate box installed yet?

SSBattalion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
This, I like! Although I already have mounted in the rear cargo, I think I might look into this. Nice job. Looks great. Looks as if it cuts down on foot room though, no?
No, its under the seat , cuts down on nothing. I will try for better pics to show you.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Installed door sill protectors today. I'm a big fan of the look, but also like the functionality.

tszjst6.jpg
Honestly, sorry to sound dumb, but what is the functionality of the door sill protectors?

Really out of ignorance, I can’t figure it out.

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, sorry to sound dumb, but what is the functionality of the door sill protectors?

Really out of ignorance, I can’t figure it out.
Don't worry! They probably aren't for everyone anyway.

For me, not only do I like the more finished look with them in place, but they also help if you have shorter people/kids in your family. Not only is it more textured so they are less likely to slip, but it keeps wear and tear off the metal. I also have dogs, so when they are climbing in, it's another spot that isn't getting their claws on it. Water also likes to pool up there and leave a bunch of water marks. There are quite a few reasons. I'm 6'4", so I step right over the sill into the jeep, but not everyone does that.

Phynal

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU HR

For me, not only do I like the more finished look with them in place, but they also help if you have shorter people/kids in your family. Not only is it more textured so they are less likely to slip, but it keeps wear and tear off the metal. I also have dogs, so when they are climbing in, it's another spot that isn't getting their claws on it. Water also likes to pool up there and leave a bunch of water marks. There are quite a few reasons. I'm 6'4", so I step right over the sill into the jeep, but not everyone does that.
We put the sill plates on two JKs because of scratches caused by getting in and out. Thing is the scratches would occur on the metal lip, exactly where these new protectors don't cover. I'm probably going to skip these on the JL and find another solution.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR

Thanks I should look if the dog is tearing mine up. Lack of rain here and rock rails probably had me confused as most step on the rails.