Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Replaced 3 broken dash vents, and added some 6.5” knee speakers. Fun stuff ☹ if you’re into clips, screws, and the occasional bolt.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5297
Nice work but I'm curious, how did you break 3 vents?

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
I had exactly the same in mind as you did… could you expand or have you seen any link where it’s confirmed that I can’t swap the wire rope for a synth line? If so, I might have to rethink my strategy, too, and not even open the box.

thanks for replying!
I’m about to do the same but with an EVO 10 with steel cable because it’s about $650(CDN) cheaper than the same winch with the synthetic rope. I wanted the Yankum rope loop end with no steel on the synthetic line and I could buy the Yankum fairlead and rope for roughly the same $650 I saved. I’m still waiting on the winch from Northridge though. There won’t be any problem with the bolt on rope method, just be sure to keep the right amount of wraps on the drum.
At least that’s my plan.

Dwightrerskine

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JLUR XR, ‘20 Q7, ‘19 S5
I had exactly the same in mind as you did… could you expand or have you seen any link where it’s confirmed that I can’t swap the wire rope for a synth line? If so, I might have to rethink my strategy, too, and not even open the box.

thanks for replying!
Edit: Not deleting this post, but it turns out I was wrong here. Follow the topic for a few pages and you’ll see that this indeed doable.

Best way to explain it is by looking at the termination point on the steel cable: https://www.warn.com/replacement-winch-cable-74313

If you look at the smaller termination point, you can see it's a tiny, reinforced hole. There is a bolt or screw that slides into that and attaches to the left side of the drum housing. With a synthetic rope, the rope slides through the drum housing and is held in place by a P-shaped puck. Tons of YouTube videos showing this step for a synthetic rope change.

The problem is that the drum on the steel cable version doesn't have the pass-through for the synthetic line. You'd have to somehow drill a new line through the drum housing in order for it to work.

Last edited:

Emmanuelmv

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX
Occupation
First Responder
Clubs

Less then 300 miles on my Jeep and I had to put some dirt on it. Drove out to Rowher near Santa Clarita. Then I went to Costco lol.

IMG_4312.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
Figured out a mount for my fire extinguisher. I have a 2.5 lb bottle that I mounted to my driver side rear roll bar. Most of the “after market” mounts wouldn’t work with my Maximus 3 roof rack mount bracket and my AAL shelf so I went a little custom and used H3’s extreme duty quick release mount and some 5in hose clamps with a little tool box padding for protection on the roll bar. It’s solid, and fits, with quick access. Works for me.

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1979.jpeg

IMG_1978.jpeg

IMG_1977.jpeg

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RETIRED!
I repaired the deflections (cups) in the hood around the windshield supports/washer nozzles. The dealer was going to warranty the hood, but I wanted to try a DIY repair first before having them order and paint match a new one. Before & after photos can be seen HERE (starting on page 6, post #81) I am happy with the results!

Last edited: