What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...the hardest part was to put my 37" spare tire back onto to the tail by myself.. it's heavy.

PXL_20231119_012144801.jpg
Mm. It would be interesting to know how well, or not, the average owner manages to handle these massive spare tire/wheel combos when they have a flat on the road or trail, and there's no one else around to help.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Mm. It would be interesting to know how well, or not, the average owner manages to handle these massive spare tire/wheel combos when they have a flat on the road or trail, and there's no one else around to help.
Yet another reason to not go completely solo.

Or, worst case scenario, go to a gym. No, nevermind. That's ludicrous.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I think the people that will change their tires can probably manage the 37 (not sure I could hold a 40” steady enough to get on the studs), and people that don’t change their own tires still wouldn’t do it if it only weighed ten pounds😂

leeshuming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Tuscadero
I have watched a video on YouTube and kinda built a rachet system to help lift, guide, and install the spare tire.
It works and I carry it in my Jeep all the time.

Or search in YouTube.

Don't dead Lift your spare tire - until you watch this

Still, it is not easy and requires some muscles.

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Did a 5 tire rotation and removed the rear seat in preparation for installing Cargo Dog storage when it arrives next week. In the garage I cheat and use this to lower and raise the spare. Work smarter not harder.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0506

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
As much as I like having the soft top on my Jeep, I'll be the first to concede that the hardtop owners have considerably more ability to carry stuff in the interior, via specialized mounting solutions that aren't fouled by the soft top's folding frame hardware.

Anyway, I too liking having a recovery shovel on board. This is what I've stowed in my Winter Preps bag, which sits behind the driver's seat.

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
As much as I like having the soft top on my Jeep, I'll be the first to concede that the hardtop owners have considerably more ability to carry stuff in the interior, via specialized mounting solutions that aren't fouled by the soft top's folding frame hardware.

Anyway, I too liking having a recovery shovel on board. This is what I've stowed in my Winter Preps bag, which sits behind the driver's seat.
I like the folding shovel you linked, the wooden handle is nice and can be replaced if broken. The main reason I chose this cold steel long shovel (30”) is for the multipurpose of the blades. They have a shorter version more compact, I think this long one works better for recovery. I also use it for some yard work.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I like the folding shovel you linked, the wooden handle is nice and can be replaced if broken. The main reason I chose this cold steel long shovel (30”) is for the multipurpose of the blades. They have a shorter version more compact, I think this long one works better for recovery. I also use it for some yard work.
Understood. I'm all about the milsurp.

Depending on where you are in PA, we could arrange a field trip to Coleman's. Bring your wallet. ;) And maybe a letter of credit from the bank, depending on how big you want to go.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I actually did that on my own and still to this day have no idea where it went. Ended up ordering a new set at a ridiculous price per screw. Kind of a dumb set-up, actually, but oh well!
Don’t feel like the lone Ranger. There are many who have done this and haven’t admitted it. I think I lost 2 or 3 before I figured it out. Slow learner. Lol. The trick is only back them out until you feel the screw release and stop. It’s about half way and leave them in the upper half of the filter box. I never found any that fell down no matter how hard I tried. I carry an extra one just in case. Expensive sob screw. 🙄

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Got my 2018 JL's Xmas ornament out today.... It's almost that time of the year... Ho, Ho Ho..

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Jeep ornament 2