C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about that myself. I went to see if just adjusting it would work, and that (in addition to some mild hammering on the small bracket piece (it bent slightly during the torquing down), I was able to vastly improve the fit:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_9526

That aside, the passenger side fin is quite small.. so I don’t think that’s even possible. In fact, I wouldn’t even trust it if I was shown how. It’s *small*. The bracket, as shown now, so far as I can tell.. is the absolute best bet and seems like that’s how it was designed, unless I’ve done something wrong. @Metalcloak input? Did I do this right?

All that aside, the only thing I can think of that would make it nicer/easier.. is if the bracket and skid were slightly beveled to mate together, so that it would be next to impossible for the bracket to slide off that tab. It does *feel* very secure, but I’m not a rock nor am I slamming this diff against myself haha. I am going to the desert in the very early AM this Saturday to do some checks and last minute adjustments.. I’m going to make sure to intentionally hit this thing to see how well the bracket holds into its position. If I see anything even remotely concerning I will be contacting metalcloak and let you (y’all) know about it. If not.. I suppose I will just be sure to monitor it.
This is great info, thank you. I may try tackling this install this weekend and see how it goes. I'm still a little nervous since the 2023 4xe Rubicon isn't officially listed as a compatible vehicle. But holding the parts up under my Jeep, it seems like it would all work, so I guess we'll see!

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
A group of us went this past weekend and did Gold Mountain. We attempted John Bull but the line was 20+ vehicles deep so we decided to do Little John Bull instead.

Along with determining this past weekend that these locker switches had to move I also decided now I want 37s. :)
Do it, 37s are great.
I live near 3n16, while it is normally mild enough for tacomas, the last storm rutted it out really bad, i was flexing like crazy with my 37s.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Ensured that Hulk was ready for Pride month. I also order up replacement driving beams after the knock off Amazon LP6 lights leaked again. They keep getting condensation in them.

Auxbeam 7” 360 Pros should be arriving by Friday.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3236

Last edited:

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Went out clean the windshield today. An everyday thing around here if you drive at all.
Grabbed the wiper to flip it up and got this.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1685499324575

Guess It isn’t so bad. 39,000 miles and just over 2 years.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I'm not sure but I imagine someone on here can jump in with that info. I upgraded from KO2 33s C rated. I had wanted 35s C-rated but there was a whole mixup/miscommunication that happened and these are what I ended up with.

Personally I can't tell the difference in ride between the C & E. I've been told I'm supposed to though. There seems to be a lot of debate on whether C is better for a softer ride or Es are better because of the stronger sidewall. 🤷‍♀️
If you can’t tell the difference, then I’d run E rated all day!
I don’t know if you heard me tell this story but the first week we had our Jeeps my wife ripped a huge hole in the sidewall of her stock C rated KO2. She was going way too fast downhill but the rock didn’t seem that sharp or obvious. Since then I always looked for a different replacement than those, even if they were like yours.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5166
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5165

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Went out clean the windshield today. An everyday thing around here if you drive at all.

2 years is pretty good! In the desert/SW lucky if you get a whole calendar year.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Mine get replaced every ~6 months. That’s impressive.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
If you can’t tell the difference, then I’d run E rated all day!
I don’t know if you heard me tell this story but the first week we had our Jeeps my wife ripped a huge hole in the sidewall of her stock C rated KO2. She was going way too fast downhill but the rock didn’t seem that sharp or obvious. Since then I always looked for a different replacement than those, even if they were like yours.
Yikes! What are you running on your JT?

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Yikes! What are you running on your JT?
Came with Falken Wildpeaks, which aside from some cupping (ok if I rotate them) I have been super impressed with. Great in snow.
The first 37s I got were used Goodyear MT/R and were really ripped up. Could never get balanced, though not sure if any tire could like that without balance beads. They rode like garbage though, tossed me all over the place.
Just got some new Cooper STT Pros. Spent about a year trying to decide on tires. Almost went with Yokohama M/T G003 (supposed to be quiet) or an A/T (Baja Boss A/T) but decided to go with Coopers. Seemed to be well regarded and “tough” just maybe a little noisy.
I switch back to the OEM Falkens for winter or long trips so I decided I could deal with a noisy M/T.
The coopers have a little growl to them around town ~40-50 but on the highway I only hear wind noise. I’m pretty happy with them after this weekend.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3575

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Mine get replaced every ~6 months. That’s impressive.
I’m a big fan of RainX wiper blades. They are more expensive but they seem to last a lot longer and wipe cleaner. Lately I have found I can really extend the life by cleaning the windshield and wiping the wipers with some cleaner as well. BTW I do use RainX 2 in 1 glass cleaner as well. And no I am not affiliated, just like their products and for a long time.