First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Used a Benjamin to make me feel wealthier than I am. šŸ˜‚

593CFB88-6660-45DC-95B0-351B3B671D48.jpeg
You've factory half doors with premium uppers. I'd say that qualifies as reasonably well-heeled. ;)

Coincidentally, just last week I found a C-note hiding in the gu... er, rare books safe. Ahem.

Anyway, it is nice to make such discoveries, even if it's also mildly troubling that I forgot that it was stashed in there. šŸ¤”

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
Nice! Get that brake line figured out?
Yep; relocating under the frame crossmember helped but the real easy fix was to pop the rear of center console and adjust the tension and buy some slack.

RUBIjm54

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Occupation
Airport Planner
Finally completed my first major modification.
20230328_175230.jpg
Removed the plastic front bumper and replaced it with the LoD BlackOps short front bumper with skid plate and Warn Evo 10S winch. Had a tough time installing the bumper, originally I had purchased the Warn Zeon 10s but it was way too big. Took it to a couple shops and they both said they'd have to cut the plates on the frame for it to fit. I wasn't interested in cutting into my new jeep so I just got the smaller winch. Overall happy with the look, just wish the install was a bit easier...

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Finally completed my first major modification.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230328_175230
Removed the plastic front bumper and replaced it with the LoD BlackOps short front bumper with skid plate and Warn Evo 10S winch. Had a tough time installing the bumper, originally I had purchased the Warn Zeon 10s but it was way too big. Took it to a couple shops and they both said they'd have to cut the plates on the frame for it to fit. I wasn't interested in cutting into my new jeep so I just got the smaller winch. Overall happy with the look, just wish the install was a bit easier...
That Evo 10s will do the job well I should think.

Mike_Hawk

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GOBI JLUR 3.6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Clubs

Installed a Maximus 3 mounted rhino rack pioneer platform. Install wasnā€™t too bad. Definitely sweated drilling through the top. Followed their instructions to the T. Measured like 40 times all around. Itā€™s rock solid up there. Like the customizable options for storage. Havenā€™t noticed any major hit on mpg, and itā€™s quiet as hell. Only down side is I had to takeoff my xg cargo bags in the back, just wonā€™t fit with the brackets oh well, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find another cargo option, and Iā€™ll sell the bags
How bad was the interference with the roof rack mount? I'm debating getting the XQ bags but also want to get a maximus 3 roof rack in the future. Could they be made to work together, or is it a substantial interference?

Thanks.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Oh god what monster likes the smell of diff fluid.
Nobody likes the smell of gear lube, but it smelled good yesterday knowing we were heading into the hills. In fact she said "that is some nasty smelling stuff". I said yea your lovin it.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody likes the smell of gear lube, but it smelled good yesterday knowing we were heading into the hills. In fact she said "that is some nasty smelling stuff". I said yea your lovin it.
You can't really experience the full effect of gear oil until you inadvertently rub some on your lips.
Botox not required.
To me , it smelled like freedomā€¦

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B9559801-6069-4547-BA76-6D3CF2078141
no more driving miss daisy, time to get out there and mat the sumbichā€¦ā€¦ wear these tires out so I can spend the rest of my savings on some 38s ā€¦ā€¦šŸ¤£

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
How bad was the interference with the roof rack mount? I'm debating getting the XQ bags but also want to get a maximus 3 roof rack in the future. Could they be made to work together, or is it a substantial interference?

Thanks.
Itā€™s not too bad of youā€™re willing to make a small adjustment. I actually have the XG bags first, then got the roof rack. Iā€™ve found that the bottom bag frame fits fine, but I shifterbtyr top of the bag over as far as I could toward the interior of the jeep on the Velcro flap on the bag top, and I couldnā€™t use to oem clip around the roll bar any more, cause of the shift. I just got sole cheap Velcro straps from Amazon, and they weee long enough to loop around the bar and the bag frame , and I cinched them down. Has worked fine since.

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
Finally got around to installing these cowl lights from D&C.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230329_135900

Works great as an additional turn signal, and hope to test them out as ditch lights soon!
I get a ton of compliments on mine but Iā€™m taking them down to get better paint matched this week. It is way off on the white.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2DD47CD2-E376-4FEE-8BDF-2F50BB450770

itsbeenfunmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Govt Contractor
I get a ton of compliments on mine but Iā€™m taking them down to get better paint matched this week. It is way off on the white.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2DD47CD2-E376-4FEE-8BDF-2F50BB450770
Was it that noticeable when you first install it? Or do you think itā€™s due to UV oxidation?

For how much they cost, they really should be a perfect match.