jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
How did you mount the licence plate?
The items below are what I purchased. Total was about $30 in material versus $80+ for most other kits. I don't like to spend money unnecessarily if there is any way I can get the same results for less. This will work for any wheels that have an opening at the top since the bracket just goes behind the top 2 spare lugs. It does tilt it out ever so slightly so I'd recommend adding a washer to the bottom one to keep it level. But that is getting super picky.

The LED's for the plate are wired directly into the factory license plate lights. They were soldered together and into the plug and then all remaining connections soldered and heat shrinking as well. The wiring runs down through the tailgate and the wire bundle into the body and then across to the factory wiring. I put the waterproof plug behind the plate so it can be unbolted and unplugged for spare tire access. It is offset in the photo so it goes around the brackets and gives a little extra wiring than needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1V7VWNB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Z6WQ6Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...u1BoyP1-Pi-anqBYrthoC-L0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

That crooked license plate is really bothering me.
Yeah. I straighten it out and in a few days it’s off camber again. I’m hoping when I install the new winch and retorque the fairlead, it will finally fix it. I think it’s just play in the holder itself.

Spent part of today getting to wiring them up. Only to discover my black 12 gage wiring is solid core and a bitch to run and crimp in the cold. Then cold fingers and brain made me oops and nick a couple of wires. Then ran out of heat shrink crimps.

Man I’d love a heated garage big enough to work in.

Last edited:

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Installed Rock lights this weekend. Went with separate pod-type which long-term will be better than the LED strips I used on my JK years ago. As part of this project, added a terminal strip plate by the battery for ease of access to the 4 Aux switch outputs. Got that idea from someone on this forum. Will make it easy to add the lights I want to in the near future. Next up, installing my winch, then onto some lights on the front bumper.

IMG_5670.jpg

IMG_5671.jpg
Excellent work!!

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Its the exact same as flipping your auto trans shifter to the left and tilting it up or down except you can do it at the wheel. I personally don't get the draw, especially for a jeep, but each to their own.
They’re actually nice....once you’ve had some seat time with them.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Trackbars - is there much difference company to company when looking at MC, Clayton, JKS, etc? Springs and shocks were relatively easy to choose but how to choose a front TB?
I went with JKS because it came with my lift kit. depends on what you want. All of them will work just a matter on lift etc. I like heavy duty parts as i love to overland and my rig is not as light as it should be at all. so i like the heavy duty parts like chromoly personally

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I added a hood and window shade decal from @pixeldecals

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230314__The Hulk_002

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230314__The Hulk_007

Hans

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2.0 4D
Summer 2024 is coming fast ... our 5 year US adventure will end then .
So the first adaption is done today . A rear ( red ) fog light was mounted , with a switch in the dasboard and wired according to the 'rules' of , in this case the Belgian, annual car inspection .
They will check the car when I request my BEL license plates after I shipped it next year.
Big thank you to the Dedona shop in Yonkers, NY for the help in this.

But,
There are a few things that I need to check before this inspection. If you allow me to ask it here .
My Jeep is a 2020 Willys , 4 door , 2 ltr. The front turnsignals light up at '50%' ( amber color ) when you turn on your lights . When you turn they blink normal. I think you guys know what I mean.
So , unfortunately, to the BEL law , they cannot be working , in amber color, at 50% when not 'in use' .
They have to be 'out' or working will turning.
But , the last time I see a lot of Jeeps with amber turnsignals and white lights . The part is divided in two , an amber one and a white one. Amber works when turning , white is working when daylights are on. That is something that might work in BEL and could be 'allowed' .

So , here's the question. Could I change my 'turnsignal things' for the ones that I now see on Sahara's ? I know the one's on Rubicon's will not fit, the size is different, but as far as I measured it , the Sahara ones fit.

De guys at Dedona shop told me that a swap could be realistic , but they never did it (yet) and it might be possible that something needs to be done in the computer...
So if there is anybody 'out there' that has done it , please let me know.

The first 3 pictures are the rear fog light,
The other 2 is the one that might work and the actual sitution

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

It was a literal pain, but got my lights wired. Butane torch ran out of fuel, so I need to hit the heat shrink still on two connectors.

EDIT: based on my salary and the time I took getting this done in sub freezing conditions, I saved zero buying the Amazon knock offs and not getting Baja Designs LP6 lamps and harness.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C10A142B-515C-4BC1-838B-BE740B497574

Last edited:

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Got my Deep Sleep solo mat. Got my parents house under contract so the move to Utah is happening as soon as April 1st. Hothead Headliners will show up tomorrow 2 days late, but they are worth the wait. Ordered some DesertDoesIt seat jackers. I had them on my 4 Runner and they are a nice upgrade.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6375
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6377

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Details on what made you go with them?
Youll notice there are a couple of product brands that people keep parroting and for good reasons.

why do people go with warn winches
Baja design lights
RSE stepsliders
Metal cloak

etc…

steersmarts is one of those brands. Can I say I have tried 10 different trackbars? No way

but I have the steersmarts and this thing is bulky as hell. Stupid heavy. And it’s adjustable.

the mechanic that installed it said “holy shit” when he pulled it out of the box.
Mean I say it’s best, not without trying them all, but I can easily say you won’t be disappointed, it will do the job, it’s too bulky and will never break, it can be adjusted to center your axles and it comes in red! There’s nothing not to like about it and nothing to improve on.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Youll notice there are a couple of product brands that people keep parroting and for good reasons.
Sure... they're getting kickbacks from the company... :)