First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
It was a warm day just above freezing so I tackled the task of installing the Tereflex Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks today. It went well but my OCD kicked in and I didn't like the open holes that had to be cut into the rear fender liners for the adjustment knobs. They were too open and will allow all sorts of crap to be deposited into the cavity behind the fenders. So I added some 1/8" rubber flaps to cover the holes that are easy to just lift and adjust. This will keep the knobs from getting pounded by rocks as well.
I then proceeded to relocate the Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer using Teraflex's 1 5/8" tie rod clamp swap and a Clayton Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket that attached to the track bar bolt. After getting it all installed and then proceeding to do lock to lock clearance checks, it either rubbed the track bar or the drag link no matter how I tweaked it. I have stock drag and tie rod along with the Steer Smarts Yeti HD track bar. No lift either. IT WILL NOT WORK!:mad:
So I had to reveres that job back to the OEM mount location. I guess I'll have to wait till I swap out the tie rod and drag links in the future to reinstall the relocate kit.
IMG_1909.jpeg
IMG_1916.jpeg
IMG_1924.jpeg
IMG_1927.jpeg
IMG_1935.jpeg
IMG_1940.jpeg
IMG_1914.jpeg
I had same issue with Aev/bilstein SS, Clayton relocation bracket and stock steering with rock krawler track bar. I have 2” Aev spacer lift but lost lift due to weight. Gonna try other track bar like metalcloak with more bend… and new springs to get lift back🤔

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Finally installed my Next Venture diff skids that I've had for a bit. Very well built and protective of the pinion area. But fussy to install. Also did a fluid drain while there.
392frtdiffskid1.jpg
392frtdiff2.jpg
392rrdiffskid1.jpg
392rrdiff2.jpg
Looks stout - I have been considering it myself, what was the fussy part? Also, what part of it takes the weight if you come down on a rock? I see the diff bolts. Thanks!

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Had the honor and privilege to go tour Normandy Beach in France for 3 days. THE most humbling and rewarding experience I’ve ever had in my life. Bought these two finds at the gift store there. One hangs in my Jeep the other hangs next to it. God Bless the men who stormed the beaches and landed in parachutes behind them defeating the Nazis and freeing Europe from tyranny, so we all could live free.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1675441472472

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1675441472472
Have been to a lot of the Civil War battlefields and found them all humbling, most of all Gettysburg. Normandy and the other World War battlefields must be amazing to visit. Bless all that serviced, then and now.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I tackled the task of installing the Tereflex Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks today.

It went well but my OCD kicked in and I didn't like the open holes that had to be cut into the rear fender liners for the adjustment knobs.

IMG_1909.jpeg
Are rubber shock boots, or neoprene retrofits, available to protect the exposed shafts? The detritus that collects on them as a consequence of driving the vehicle (at all) will accelerate seal wear and may eventually cause oil leaks. That's what would bother my OCD.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Are rubber shock boots, or neoprene retrofits, available to protect the exposed shafts? The detritus that collects on them as a consequence of driving the vehicle (at all) will accelerate seal wear and may eventually cause oil leaks. That's what would bother my OCD.
Not that I’m aware of, at least not from Teraflex/Falcon.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do the falcon 3.3s feel? I'm planning on those soon.
I only did a short drive last night with them on 1, and the soft/cold setting. I honestly couldn’t tell the difference on that short hiway trip. The drive was mostly to find out if my steering wheel was centred or not. It’s off by 3-4 minutes.:(
It seems that every time I remove the lower track bar bolt, I’m off centre even though I don’t adjust it at all. That tiny bit of play in the bolt holes is all it takes.
I’d better feel some improvement for the $$$$ spent!😳

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
I only did a short drive last night with them on 1, and the soft/cold setting. I honestly couldn’t tell the difference on that short hiway trip. The drive was mostly to find out if my steering wheel was centred or not. It’s off by 3-4 minutes.:(
It seems that every time I remove the lower track bar bolt, I’m off centre even though I don’t adjust it at all. That tiny bit of play in the bolt holes is all it takes.
I’d better feel some improvement for the $$$$ spent!😳
Might have misunderstood your post but I think you adjust your steering wheel with the draglink. Also some are using a larger bolt in the track bars to eliminate slop.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might have misunderstood your post but I think you adjust your steering wheel with the draglink. Also some are using a larger bolt in the track bars to eliminate slop.
Yes, normally the adjustment is done via the drag link. But I haven’t ever touched it yet because I didn’t make any changes except going from OEM track bar to the Yeti. When I did that I adjusted the track bar to centre the steering wheel because that would mean it 100% matches the OEM length. One time I switched back to the OEM bar, the steering wheel was off even though I didn’t adjust or change anything else other than the track bar. So it’s totally just the slop in the track bar bolt holes.
I will be adjusting it via the drag link this time, way easier!

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
Yes, normally the adjustment is done via the drag link. But I haven’t ever touched it yet because I didn’t make any changes except going from OEM track bar to the Yeti. When I did that I adjusted the track bar to centre the steering wheel because that would mean it 100% matches the OEM length. One time I switched back to the OEM bar, the steering wheel was off even though I didn’t adjust or change anything else other than the track bar. So it’s totally just the slop in the track bar bolt holes.
I will be adjusting it via the drag link this time, way easier!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/track-bar-bolts-upgrade.92257/#post-2235283

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Just small things today. Replaced those green and silver nitrogen caps with some nice black ones, cleaned the inside, and (even though I didnt personally do it) got my second duck ever today lol.

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Installed my Quadratec Stealth Light Bar today. Easy to install. It doesn't snug up on the top as well as I thought it would and has a little light bleed into the cabin, but it doesn't seem to bother me. The jeep is filthy dirty but at least the windshield is clean. I've been waiting to replace the broken windshield before I installed the light bar. Got that done yesterday.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? LightBar-W
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? LightBar-Y
It's rather expensive and I'm not sure how much I will use it, but I like lighting and am glad I bought it.