What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

C_Rat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
It came with the liners. Hardest part was trying to reuse the white clips that mount the fender to the body so be prepared to have those handy if/when you do it.
Will do. Thanks for the tip. Did you have LED fender lights previously? I don't have LED and don't have a tazer yet. Do you think it would be possible to retrofit the halogens somehow until I get a tazer?

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
Installed a pair of halogen KC’s so I can see while driving in snowstorms (the stock LED’s pack with snow).

i tinted the lens covers yellow.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7BF783C2-6A9B-42E7-85A2-799CABE47421
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 13DA99AE-F2D5-4AAE-BE57-2A3E5CE7FFA5
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6B0D4BA9-9D49-42D0-B9AD-28AF19382DB1

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Verified that the required flag for running on the sand dunes of Oregon fits. I'm glad I tried it before the AEV event at the end of the month. It was more challenging to install than I had thought. Now I'll make sure to bring the correct tools.

Unfortunately I'll have to drive out solo and meet my wife there. I'm not looking forward to 22 hours of solo driving. Adaptive cruise definitely makes it easier.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20230203_220436579

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20230203_224236088

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

What flag and mount are you using? I was just checking on Oregon ATV license reciprocity agreements. I had to buy one because Washington is not on the list. I see that Colorado isn't either. Have fun in the dunes!

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Removed the doors bolts and put on guide pins. Now I can remove them and put them back on quicker lol. I thought about not attaching the bar that goes in the door back to the body. After thinking on it though, I have kids lol. They would smash someones door or mine not paying attention that it doesnt just sit there on its own anymore.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Installed my new rock monster USA hood which is the oem rubicon hood that has a 392 hood scoop

In other news. My original rubicon hood is up for grabs in Norcal. $500

Mind showing the underside of the rock monster hood? Been considering the same swap. Good to see it looks fantastic in red!

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Mind showing the underside of the rock monster hood? Been considering the same swap. Good to see it looks fantastic in red!
I already installed the heat shield but I is painted black on the underside, has all of the exact same holes as oem. My redline hood struts bolted right on. The regular struts still hold it up but now will hold it in any position rather than push the hood all the way up. I kind of like this better

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

What flag and mount are you using? I was just checking on Oregon ATV license reciprocity agreements. I had to buy one because Washington is not on the list. I see that Colorado isn't either. Have fun in the dunes!
This is what AEV recommended since it connects perfectly to the pedestal above the spare: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JPX37F2. Apparently it has to be at least 9 feet about the ground. Mine's 12.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
It was a warm day just above freezing so I tackled the task of installing the Tereflex Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks today. It went well but my OCD kicked in and I didn't like the open holes that had to be cut into the rear fender liners for the adjustment knobs. They were too open and will allow all sorts of crap to be deposited into the cavity behind the fenders. So I added some 1/8" rubber flaps to cover the holes that are easy to just lift and adjust. This will keep the knobs from getting pounded by rocks as well.
I then proceeded to relocate the Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer using Teraflex's 1 5/8" tie rod clamp swap and a Clayton Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket that attached to the track bar bolt. After getting it all installed and then proceeding to do lock to lock clearance checks, it either rubbed the track bar or the drag link no matter how I tweaked it. I have stock drag and tie rod along with the Steer Smarts Yeti HD track bar. No lift either. IT WILL NOT WORK!:mad:
So I had to reveres that job back to the OEM mount location. I guess I'll have to wait till I swap out the tie rod and drag links in the future to reinstall the relocate kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1909
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1916
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1924
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1927
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1935
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1940
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1914

Last edited:

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Had the honor and privilege to go tour Normandy Beach in France for 3 days. THE most humbling and rewarding experience I’ve ever had in my life. Bought these two finds at the gift store there. One hangs in my Jeep the other hangs next to it. God Bless the men who stormed the beaches and landed in parachutes behind them defeating the Nazis and freeing Europe from tyranny, so we all could live free.

C1EB5A28-1992-4AC0-B66F-B1241D65DAED.jpeg

A454F694-E246-4230-B34D-074CFA091318.jpeg

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Had the honor and privilege to go tour Normandy Beach in France for 3 days. THE most humbling and rewarding experience I’ve ever had in my life. Bought these two finds at the gift store there. One hangs in my Jeep the other hangs next to it. God Bless the men who stormed the beaches and landed in parachutes behind them defeating the Nazis and freeing Europe from tyranny, so we all could live free.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230203_212403

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230203_212403
Well said sir!

Normandy.jpg