Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Decided to change out my rear AAL MASS platform for there new MASS Plus platform. I like the amount of tie-downs the current platform has but never liked how many 'holes' there were for things to fall into. Plus my ARB twin air is in the rear cubby. With the current setup you have to fully remove the panels to get to it for repair. The doors will be nice (can be accessed with a fridge slide still too). Also added the overhead molle panel since I will be mounting my comm's there. Images below are from AALs website, probably going to take a while to show up.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_9221
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210414_120107-1353x1536

Also, really want to figure out a way to wire up a Concord Aerospace Apollo switch panel to the overhead platform. I already have a SPod but thinking maybe using the Apollo switches for the radio and maybe speaker? Maybe a secondary overhead light? not sure yet, just love the switches.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

We use the Mr Buddy Heater and it works great - but does drink propane quickly. I have some pics on here somewhere showing it in use.
The price is back up to $799 and they're out of stock for the season. Phew.

There are big straps connected to the inside of the bag, but not connected to the handles. Maybe that's to keep the tent from moving around in the bag when on a roof rack? It's pretty tight in the bag already though.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Decided to change out my rear AAL MASS platform for there new MASS Plus platform. I like the amount of tie-downs the current platform has but never liked how many 'holes' there were for things to fall into. Plus my ARB twin air is in the rear cubby. With the current setup you have to fully remove the panels to get to it for repair. The doors will be nice (can be accessed with a fridge slide still too). Also added the overhead molle panel since I will be mounting my comm's there. Images below are from AALs website, probably going to take a while to show up.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210414_120107-1353x1536

Also, really want to figure out a way to wire up a Concord Aerospace Apollo switch panel to the overhead platform. I already have a SPod but thinking maybe using the Apollo switches for the radio and maybe speaker? Maybe a secondary overhead light? not sure yet, just love the switches.
I like how that doesn't hinder getting to the jack. With Goose Gear's you have to use an allen wrench to gain access to your jack, which seems pretty damn stupid.

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I draw the line doing anything with my hose under 45deg.
Still getting used to how 'warm' the winter is here! Back in MN the hose would have been put away in late October early November, the outdoor faucets all shut off and drained (20ft into the house), and the thought of frozen pipes would still be in the back of my mind all winter... Got to say, much prefer WA (for many, many reasons)...Sorry MN'otans :giggle:

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I like how that doesn't hinder getting to the jack. With Goose Gear's you have to use an allen wrench to gain access to your jack, which seems pretty damn stupid.
Yup, its a nice feature. I'm hoping the jack location is as easy to access as the current platform. From the photos it looks to be about the same distance to the rear. Plus I can get the 'upgrade' kit since my current support mount bars work with the new one. I think I might use my current platform in the garage as a wall board (mount items with the dogbone connectors).

The design and material also is much better for weight and heat distribution (for the compressor) then the Goose Gear system. I love Goose Gear but I'm trying to conserve weight everywhere possible, especially when adding everything for multiple days in the wild.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Many here will remember the ongoing discussions in regard to the iffy, windshield defrosting on a JL.

Myself and many others over the last few years have been using square plastic plugs placed strategically to improve hot air direction in order to improve on the JL's windshield defrosting.

Well, I can report that the strategically placed plugs did the deed for me... but recently a fellow forum member sent me the 3D printed diverters seen in the picture below to try out.

Can tell you the guy that printed these diverters did a terrific print job on them. They look factory and once placed they stay put.. inside each diverter there is a angled channel that takes the forced hot air coming out of the diverter and directs it forward, directly toward the windshield.

Anyway, I can report the diverters are a positive addition to my strategically placed plugs.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221213_162950 1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221213_161918 1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221213_161926 1

Last edited:

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I added a fire extinguisher mount and an ammo box to my custom bumper mounted tire carrie. I’ll keep a quart of power steering fluid in the box.

2D01AFA0-1E37-49A0-BD31-CF93BB3C853C.jpeg

E4782398-D514-47CD-B569-58D934B67FC5.jpeg

D36944CF-81D6-40FF-8049-1C9ECF408A0C.jpeg

452D8E06-09EE-46CD-90D4-FD8798545989.jpeg

FB4F8806-E15E-43C2-87D9-7BD9A09FFE65.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So @Rhinebeck01 where can I get a set. I made something similar by screwing some angle on a couple of my plugs but that looks a lot better than mine.
@Medsker

I'm not sure if the forum member that sent me the diverter's is willing to share the 3D print file for the diverters or has any interest in printing and selling them.

He sent me a set to try and get my take on them.. Perhaps he will chime in on one of my posts about the diverters.

I don't feel it would be right for me to post his forum ID. My post about the diverter's was more aimed at getting guys/gals with 3D home printers give such a diverter a looksee..

Last edited:

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I guss we'll have to see what he decides. I'd love a set and have yet to purchase a 3D Printer. It's on my Christmas List but I don't think Santa is bringing it this year :)

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I guss we'll have to see what he decides. I'd love a set and have yet to purchase a 3D Printer. It's on my Christmas List but I don't think Santa is bringing it this year :)
there is another maker i know of that has the files online to print , which is here
https://www.printables.com/model/164254-jeep-jl-wranger-front-windshield-air-diverter

they are very similar to the ones i sent to rhinebeck01 . i dont really upload my makes to the sites, they are more specific to stuff i need .
i could print a set if you know your not getting a printer , no big deal , i dont have loads of time to print/sell /ship stuff , this is why i dont sell my makes .

and if you need any pointers on printers or anything let me know . there are alot of cheap printers that print good for new makers

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
there is another maker i know of that has the files online to print , which is here
https://www.printables.com/model/164254-jeep-jl-wranger-front-windshield-air-diverter

they are very similar to the ones i sent to rhinebeck01 . i dont really upload my makes to the sites, they are more specific to stuff i need .
i could print a set if you know your not getting a printer , no big deal , i dont have loads of time to print/sell /ship stuff , this is why i dont sell my makes .

and if you need any pointers on printers or anything let me know . there are alot of cheap printers that print good for new makers
Any chance you want to share your make with @Threedom ? I don't have a 3-d printer either, but if they work, I would be interested in a set too.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Any chance you want to share your make with @Threedom ? I don't have a 3-d printer either, but if they work, I would be interested in a set too.
the link i posted can be used to download the file and can be used to have it printed .
if i have time i will print a few more sets and let you all know how many i have to offer , if i have time , iv been suuuuper busy this past week