What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Today I got the Terra Acoustic sound stage dash speakers and got them installed in the 10 minutes.. first mod that actually went easy for me.

I also installed the Rebel Summit series rear bumper.. with Baja Designs squadron pro lights. Not quite as easy and will have to remove it one more time and play with it. First off, the brackets with holes for mounting the lights sat way too low, where the lights were half covered. I added some plastic spacer and longer bolts to get them centered in the bumper slots. Then I didn’t like how they sat so far back, I wanted them to be flush so I drilled new holes in the bumper to move them forward and got them where they are recessed by about a half an inch. Might even bring them a little more forward when I pull the bumper off again but overall not bad. Then getting the parking sensors in was a pain in the ass with the thickness of the bumper and rushing and frustrated I mounted the bumper back in before testing the sensor angles and as soon as I put the car in reverse they go off. So will adjust them when the bumper is off again so they work properly, otherwise I’ll just turn off parksense with the tazer mini. Overall it’s a great looking bumper. I wasn’t able to pass the light harness through the frame with the plug so I will unpin the connector, run the lights to engine bay and then connect them tomorow or over the weekend.

2CB0CCED-81D6-40F2-90D8-248507CA5BA3.jpeg

F7322DD1-5082-4B47-A8BE-D67D1B1A17EE.jpeg

B74FB7BF-1849-4470-B048-C600ADD28817.jpeg

AFDAD60D-FC48-4966-8642-53A26E0425B0.jpeg
Looks great! Thanks for choosing Baja Designs.
Best,
Brandon

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Not today specifically, but the last few weeks...
IMG_20221129_143541507.jpg

I replaced my antenna with a old aluminum bed frame leg. If it breaks I have another seven more legs I can screw in. :CWL:
IMG_20221128_165610045.jpg

I threw away the 60% rear seat and am slowly destroying the 40% rear seat. I removed all the carpets and probably good 80% of the trim plastic.
IMG_20221127_163246367.jpg

I painted these random aluminum tubes and installed them where my front fender flares would go if I still had them.
IMG_20221128_193557873.jpg

I installed Christmas lights and the skeleton and some jingle balls I had from last year. Also I removed my tailgate back in August because I could. :rock:
IMG_20221123_203415579.jpg

Lastly I replaced the windshield wiper rubbers, 32-in /4-pack. Just cut them in half and call it a day. Only cost me $15 on Amazon, shipping included. I replace them once a year, so I have another 3 years all for the same $15!;)
What in the actual fuq is going on? I feel like a junkyard jeep would have been cheaper option...

jgreenfi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler 2D Sport MT

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
Installed the Z Automotive Tazer for my JLUR. I never got the LED Light package with my Rubicon and purchased Oculus Bi-led Xenon headlights and factory OEM LED turn signals a few months ago, however my ECU kept thinking that I had halogen installed. Headlights worked fine, no issues. Turn signals on the other hand, did not. Would intermittently work and it was frustrating. Tazer solved all these issues, I always found it funny how my JLUR came with LED taillights though. Anyways, super easy install and I used youtube to learn the menu configuration and options. Good to go!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tazer2
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tazer1

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

Installed the Z Automotive Tazer for my JLUR. I never got the LED Light package with my Rubicon and purchased Oculus Bi-led Xenon headlights and factory OEM LED turn signals a few months ago, however my ECU kept thinking that I had halogen installed. Headlights worked fine, no issues. Turn signals on the other hand, did not. Would intermittently work and it was frustrating. Tazer solved all these issues, I always found it funny how my JLUR came with LED taillights though. Anyways, super easy install and I used youtube to learn the menu configuration and options. Good to go!
LED tail lights are part of a separate group for the build. Typically they are in the "safety group" which also comes with blind spot monitoring.

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

Not today specifically, but the last few weeks...

I replaced my antenna with a old aluminum bed frame leg. If it breaks I have another seven more legs I can screw in. :CWL:

I threw away the 60% rear seat and am slowly destroying the 40% rear seat. I removed all the carpets and probably good 80% of the trim plastic.

I painted these random aluminum tubes and installed them where my front fender flares would go if I still had them.

I installed Christmas lights and the skeleton and some jingle balls I had from last year. Also I removed my tailgate back in August because I could. :rock:

Lastly I replaced the windshield wiper rubbers, 32-in /4-pack. Just cut them in half and call it a day. Only cost me $15 on Amazon, shipping included. I replace them once a year, so I have another 3 years all for the same $15!;)
we don't claim you or your desecrated jeep, what the actual fuck

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Received my Black Friday purchases today.
-swapped out the factory dash speakers for Infinity Reference 3.5’s
-added ambient led lights in the floor
-swapped out headlight bulbs for LED
(Fog light bulbs are on their way)

I'm not typically a fan of the LED stuff when it comes to accents. This however looks pretty awesome and could only help at night. Our interior lighting in the front is non existent. Care to share what kit you used and feedback on the install/performance?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Once again neglected it. Seems to be a trend lately.

However, some of the Black Friday parts I ordered arrived yesterday and today. Won't put them on until Spring though.

Leblancchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
I'm not typically a fan of the LED stuff when it comes to accents. This however looks pretty awesome and could only help at night. Our interior lighting in the front is non existent. Care to share what kit you used and feedback on the install/performance?
I bought this kit from Amazon.
I ran all the wires under my floor mats and power it from the usb in the console. Cheap and easy install.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 29EC7C76-6316-44EA-B8CE-3DA2D6C35DD9

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Windshield replaced and appointment to re-tint set for Friday. He pretty much removed the windshield like I would an emblem. Only difference is Id use fishing line and he used what almost looked like a garrote.
We've had two windscreens replaced to date. I was concurrently impressed and surprised at how easily the experienced technician removed the glass using just an esoteric hand tool or two, of which at least one is sold at Harbor Freight. I remember thinking to myself that security is an illusion.

I don't know how much a Wrangler costs on your side of the water mate but here in the UK the entry level model starts at GBP£65,000 which is USD$78,800. Nearly 79k for the entry model
The Wrangler's entry model, so to speak, is the Sport, of which the four door currently starts at US$36K, or GBP£29K. Your profile photo suggests you have a JLU Sahara (or "Overland", a trim not currently offered here), which starts at $46K / £38K.

For context, the V8 Rubicon starts at $83K, or £67K.

I'm providing the equivalent price in pound sterling just for a straightforward comparison. You do indeed have a bit of price bloat to contend with, mate. :beer:

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
we don't claim you or your desecrated jeep, what the actual fuck
I don't get your comment... Claim me? Who's "We"? "Desecrated Jeep"?
You seem like a very judgemental person.