Stefano5777

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Stingray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So finally figured out my popping sound that I’ve had for the last few months! I was originally told it was my axle shafts so I spent a ton of money replacing them with RCV front and rear.(in my mechanics defense my rear axle shafts had started to twist) But the noise persisted! So my mechanic said next it was my drive shafts, so I replaced them with Adam’s drive shafts and poof problem solved!! He felt bad that I had spent all the money that I did on axle shafts and did not charge me to install both drive shafts.
I also replaced my all black spider shade with a custom spider shade as well.

7158AB28-D9BB-4126-B52E-F3CA12CECA2A.jpeg

5795BE55-2EFB-4BBA-8B29-746AB6279BC2.jpeg

671403D1-A35F-4329-96C1-AC92D6F4BD13.jpeg

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Was the popping in the front or rear? I'm chasing one too, but already replaced my front shaft. May try the rear and see if that helps.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
100% agree. Couldn’t be more happier with mine!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 671403D1-A35F-4329-96C1-AC92D6F4BD13
Can you please provide the height of the vertical stanchions that hold up the hardtop? I've reached out to them multiple times via email and crickets. My problem is I have an AAL shelf that I need to clear in order to push the lift into the jeep. I purchased the Toplift Pro and you can see it didn't work.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1649436961743

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Was the popping in the front or rear? I'm chasing one too, but already replaced my front shaft.
Some years ago, I had a similar popping occurring in the rear of my K1500. Turns out, the original u-joint was dry and required replacement. Chevrolet couldn't be bothered to spend an additional 10 cents per unit, if even that much, to spec a zerk on their u-joints.

One Dana Spicer greaseable fitting and $80 of labor later, and all was well again.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Installed Mopar all season mats that arrived today (I like the red Jeep lettering contrast, so I went with those vs other aftermarket options)

Ended up cutting out the drain inserts in the front mats (I didn't want to mess with the cabin drain plugs under the carpet and gamble whether it would keep a good seal lol) and snapped in a pair of drain plugs to cover the holes. May seal them with silicone to make sure its water tight fit.

Fitment was good, no gaps, no creases, no bubbled areas after snapping them into the factory pins.

Off gassing from the new Jeep itself overpowers any odor that may or may not be coming from the new mats 😆

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221007_135929

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221007_140013
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221007_140100
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221007_140036
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221007_140432
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20221007_140626

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yeah I was pretty surprised I got that much.. I saw some listed for similar that sold.. so I decided to start high fully expecting to take a much lower offer.. I listed for 2300.. got an offer for 2200 so I jumped on it.. got lucky
Wow - and I purchased mine with new tires for $500 from a dealer. 3 miles on Willy's take off's!

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Mopar all season mats that arrived today (I like the red Jeep lettering contrast, so I went with those vs other aftermarket options)

Ended up cutting out the drain inserts in the front mats (I didn't want to mess with the cabin drain plugs under the carpet and gamble whether it would keep a good seal lol) and snapped in a pair of drain plugs to cover the holes. May seal them with silicone to make sure its water tight fit.

Fitment was good, no gaps, no creases, no bubbled areas after snapping them into the factory pins.

Off gassing from the new Jeep itself overpowers any odor that may or may not be coming from the new mats 😆

Agree about the red lettering. Wish it came standard or a choice made at pick up in the Willys model instead of the plain black option. Looks good.

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
Okay, so it didn't all take place today, but I put some PPF on my door sills and then installed the DV8 sill plates. I previously installed the Quadratech sill guards, but the one on the passenger side created a big gap on my door seal -- you could literally see through to the outside. So I removed those, which was quite the pain due to how sticky the VRB tape is that they are installed with -- took an hour to get them out after less than 10 minutes to install them. Then I put PPF on the front two door sills. I am sure a pro would laugh at the quality of my PPF work (first time ever using it) and then put the DV8 sills on top. I like the look.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? unnamed

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It's good that you took photos of the new mats, @MayThe4x4BWU . They'll scuff if you just look at them sideways. :)

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Lasfit auxiliary switch panel kit. First thing I did was replace the 30A fuses to aux I & aux II to 20A fuses. Aux one is for KC 6" Apollo's @ 100watts each. Felt better with a fuse closer to the wiring included with lights. Install was fairly straight forward, no mechanic needed. A few comments though:
1) The replacement grommet for the firewall pass through hole is nice but it needs to be sized better for the application. It's appears to not entirely cover the hole like the OEM firewall plug does. I will probably drill a hole in the OEM plug to accommodate the wire harness into the cabin.

2) The switches are not as nice as the OEM version. When I push the button to "ON" all is good but when I push for "OFF" sometimes I need to press it twice. Not sure if this is normal for this switch or not. Probably should contact Lasfit about this issue.

3) This is not a deal breaker, and I'm glad it worked out this way, but the description for the switch pod stated black and I rec'd the one with chrome trim. Like I said I glad the trim came as chrome.

Since I do not require a RJ45 jack in the left cubby spot I order the Mopar left cubby replacement part, $13.00 vs the $27.00 sale price on Lasfit website. Just waiting for that to be delivered and will install.

I was surprised that when I removed the dash panel where the switch pod goes I found OEM switch pod plug attached by a clip behind it. I got all excited that perhaps there was a way to install the OEM switched after all. Of course when I checked the fuse box I had none of the relays or fuses needed for the switches. I could find where the plug's wires would be in the engine bay, but you'd think there would be a way of adding the relays, fuses and wiring without having to buy the aftermarket harness @ $300 plus.

Once done I installed a pair of KC Apollo's and everything works !!

IMG-1549.JPG

IMG-1547.JPG

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I'm not entirely sure I would be putting something on that holds moisture on the hinges with the current state of JL hinges. In saying that, they bubble without anything on them so at least you won't have to watch it happen. Lol.

Are they attached with double-sided tape or do they "click" on?
Yeah... covering and trapping water is a concern. Will it accelerate corrosion, don't know. Will it prevent chips and paint damage from tire throw... hope so. And yeah at least I won't see it!

Yes, and yes. They have multiple 3M VHB tape strips placed on the backside and they are a tight fit that sort of snap on. Each hinge cover is two pieces. Quality 'printed' parts.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yeah... covering and trapping water is a concern. Will it accelerate corrosion, don't know. Will it prevent chips and paint damage from tire throw... hope so. And yeah at least I won't see it!

Yes, and yes. They have multiple 3M VHB tape strips placed on the backside and they are a tight fit that sort of snap on. Each hinge cover is two pieces. Quality 'printed' parts.
Ya, I actually LineXd mine. Don't have to worry about them bubbling now. Lol.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Wires up the pod lights this morning. White lights don’t seem too bright but will see tonight

@Caliguy... there appear to be HOYUZA Side Shooter Pod Lights off Amazon. What is your initial take on these since your install? I know it hasn't been long... I was considering these, but some of the reviews scared me off -- such as the difficulty to wire, burnt out LEDs and just stopped working. Are you still happy with yours? I guess for $36.59/pair the risk is pretty low.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
Got my Star Wars badges in the mail, so did the antenna delete and put badges on!

My (de-)badge situation is almost done; wife likes the Jeep badges on the side while I prefer to get rid of them like I did with all other badges and vynil (thank god for the rubber wheel things that attach to my drill chuck!). What would your vote be, keep the “Jeep” badging or not?

15889DD0-291D-4C7C-8125-D68BADBF20A1.jpeg

309170D8-0F9A-4C05-B8FD-9A4D06529040.jpeg