Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap. The fading is an optical illusion based on what angle you look at it. From the driver’s side it totally looks like it’s faded. But I just opened the passenger, and it’s there. And and, it looks like it’s faded on the dr

Today is slightly better.
I got it in, but the reverse camera and CarPlay aren’t working. Trying hard not to drive through the garage wall.
3F7C8B0B-39A7-494F-BCA4-0F849EBEE055.jpeg

I’m looking forward to forgetting all about this horrible install and just enjoying it… someday.
3F7C8B0B-39A7-494F-BCA4-0F849EBEE055.jpeg
TAKE YOUR TIME with it. It’ll workout if you are methodical and organized and take multiple breaks to recharge the brain. 💚 I understand your situation…if you start wrenching when you’re upset or tired, you could break something. I’m speaking from experience lol.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
@JP29
Is this the Injen that you purchased? Just want to figure out the value proposition of 7 C-notes for a muffler... 🤔
That'd be it! It may be the satisfaction of having it finally - I ordered back in May - but I enjoy it. It's pretty loud with doors off/top down, but I can't say I notice any "drone", although I'm not sure what that sounds like to be honest. Only complaint would be now I can't hear the "whoosh" when my charge pipe is building boost!

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I added a rooftop tent today!

IMG_7359.jpeg

IMG_7360.jpeg

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
What brand side steps are you running? Have you hit any rocks with them yet?
I have the LOD signature series rock sliders. I love them and have hit a few good rocks with them and have slid right off and worked well so far.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Heading to California? (Sorry CA dudes and dudettes, you know we love you...)
hahaha. The few Intelligent Californians that are still here can handle it. :LOL: the rest... not so much :bandit:

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I removed the reflectors and added some additional backup lights, Baja Designs S1 wide cornering.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7360
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7360
How was the install? How bright are they? I've got Oracle lights in the same spot but the install was a pain and I've got condensation in the lights now.

OG Shark

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubi
Put on the Bestop Trektop Ultra today to take advantage of the "cooler" weather on the horizon (it was 63* this morning!). Dropped my kids off at school & put the top back in the sunrider position for the cruise home - absolutely loved it.

Jeep_004.jpg

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Was hoping to do this with my old man (and his lift), but I got tired of looking at the box. Today I swapped the old beer can muffler for an Injen high tuck axle back. First had to loosen the OE clamp - 15mm, which I didn't have of course, so a trip to the hardware store was in order. Then getting the muffler off the rubber hangers, which was a massive pain.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Jeep_004

First one down.

Oldie out. The thing was stuck pretty tight on the mid pipe, thankfully after a bit of garage door lubricant and physical persuasion it came off.

New hotness. Be prepared - the instructions don't say whether it slips into the mid or over like the OE does. It's the latter, and my pipe needed a bit of convincing with pliers before it would slip over the mid. Also, the instructions say to use a 17mm socket on the replacement clamp, which is wrong - I should have tested the 15mm I had on hand. I guess now I've got one more socket though, so it could be worse!

Doesn't tuck up as high as I'd hoped, but it has much better flow over the OE with the massive pinch in the pipe, and the sound is great as well.
a little WD40 on the Rubber hangers works wonders!

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
The lights are Baja Designs. The bezel I custom made out of carbon fiber. and clear coated. I also had to make a spacer out of 1/2" Starboard.
You really know how to break a guy's heart... I was hoping for an easy-to-install alternative to the Oracle lights (which apparently also have moisture issues) but I'm not handy in the way you are to make those spacers and bezels. Really great job though...

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
How was the install? How bright are they? I've got Oracle lights in the same spot but the install was a pain and I've got condensation in the lights now.
Install was simple but the custom work was time consuming but enjoyed doing it. In my opinion they are to bright for street use. I haven't wired them up yet, only tested. My plan is to have 2 modes, one dimmed when in reverse and the other switched for full power for offroad, work light or camp site. Here is the wiring diagram if anyone has any suggestions, appreciate it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220926_162009

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I removed the reflectors and added some additional backup lights, Baja Designs S1 wide cornering.
Those look great in this location. Who makes those mounts for the flush mount S1s?