What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
thank you so much! 🙏🏽 I’ll replace the battery and see what happens. However, as long as I can keep starting it by pressing the fob to the button, I’m good. I just don’t want the jeep cutting off while I’m driving if it somehow loses connection, if that’s even possible.
The jeep won't die if it's running and your fob battery dies.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
thank you so much! 🙏🏽 I’ll replace the battery and see what happens. However, as long as I can keep starting it by pressing the fob to the button, I’m good. I just don’t want the jeep cutting off while I’m driving if it somehow loses connection, if that’s even possible.
It's not a common battery, but not hard to change. It might be covered under your lifetime extended warranty.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The jeep won't die if it's running and your fob battery dies.
It's not a common battery, but not hard to change. It might be covered under your lifetime extended warranty.
thank you both! I was able to open the fob last night revealing the battery. I plan to get the battery today. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I installed the well-regarded Beamtech H13 LED bulbs, taking care to ensure their proper aim after the headlight housings were refitted. I had my fill of the OEM tealights incandescent bulbs.

The small gears at the upper left of the housing serve as the adjustment mechanism when the headlight housing is in situ. Turn clockwise to lower the beam, etc. Easy peasy.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20220921_100813

This was the first use of my new M12 ratchet. Nice little tool.

Yes, 10mm.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20220921_100207

Having removed the grill assembly previously to install the Bolt hood lock, doing the same today was quick and easy. I can understand the reticence of those owners who are doing that for the first time, though. Get the technique wrong and it'd be easy to crack or break that expensive piece of plastic when applying the needed force to undo the many retention clips.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20220921_101627

Done and done.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20220921_104125

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Today I realized I have an Axial corner light that is burned out. Its been only a few months they've been in and already dead. Tried contacting the shop I ordered from and they offered a $15 credit for another set. Who in God's name would waste money on a failed product? Tried searching for someone direct and there doesn't seem to be such a thing. Anybody else have an issue or know a contact? I was expecting them to have warranty against this.

melman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Check your auto insurance policy. Some do windshield replacement with zero deductible. IDK it that makes a big hit on your premiums, but worth asking about.
Good suggestion. For some reason we do have a deductible for this and it's basically the price of the windshield. I'm debating wether or not leave it and just replace the windshield when it comes time to sell it. Probably sometime next year.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
i had the same issue. i ended up putting a light coat of Sugru Black putty on the underside and stopped all the leaks. Love them
Funny thing is right now I can claim that they keep the rain away, lol. Since installing them I have had NO RAIN to test them out and each day the forecast has been rain every afternoon and now supposed to be sunny till Monday, lol

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Diesel JLU specific: While removing the fuel filter skid plate (to see which screw I broke off & replace the other 2 with better quality ones) I decided to add a fuel filter drain hose. This will make it a much quicker, cleaner and easier job if/when I need to drain the water. I used a 1/4" ID fuel line.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
My Tuffy lockbox rattles like crazy on this mornings drive. Wanted to return the darn thing. I found a thread on this forum that had some very good fixes.. got rid of the spacers that the install guide tells you to use and mounted directly to the tailgate without the plastic trim. Also put on some marine grade weather stripping around it. Silent as can be.

I also fixed my RSE power side step sliders. My driver side step wiggled a bit and I installed a spacer supplies by the manufacturer and it’s as solid as a rock now!

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? blackout1

I reduced the glare thanks to this excellent blackout made by @pixeldecals !

Surprisingly, other than being about a millimeter off center, it was an easy install. With my clumsy self I fully expected to set my whole town on fire while attempting this, and there is not a bubble, wrinkle or crease - and the masking tape that they installed was plenty strong enough to keep all of the floating portions in place so none of the lettering gaps look uneven.

Personally, I prefer the fact that it goes under the windshield support/hold downs over the factory design which has gaps around them.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Diesel JLU specific: While removing the fuel filter skid plate (to see which screw I broke off & replace the other 2 with better quality ones) I decided to add a fuel filter drain hose. This will make it a much quicker, cleaner and easier job if/when I need to drain the water. I used a 1/4" ID fuel line.

Great idea, thanks! Def stealing that!!