Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I'm right there with you. Never Forget.

PXL_20201017_212332562.jpg
@ObiMatt87

To each his own... it's your vehicle

But, why do you keep the dealer's ad sticker on there?

Dealership ad/sticker, license plate frames and such truly detract from the looks of a vehicle...

It really detracts from your thought provoking, 9/11 sticker also..
I actually agree, Rhinebeck, and have been meaning to take it off for some time. Just hadn't done it up until now. It'll be off soon, actually.
LOL šŸ˜‚ When I saw the pic initially, I thought you lost someone you knew named ā€œRon Kraft from Baytown, Txā€ in the attack, and the whole thing was one ā€œmemorial!ā€ It didnā€™t occur to me that was just the dealer logo below what you put on! šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø ā€œNever Forget Ron Kraft!ā€ Oh manā€¦ lol:LOL:

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I continued to go full metalcloak.

Btw the factory bumpers SUCK to remove.

Before and afters

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220910_172121

I really like those wheels... are those the stock Xtreme Recons?

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Joined the Rockworkx club ... [snip]
I've been looking at these for two weeks now and trying to convince myself that I don't NEED these for $69.50, but...

...one question may make my decision for me and your post @ObiMatt87 may answer it... when fully tightened down do they really align like your picture shows (each perpendicular with the side of the car)> Or when fully tightened, could each one be at a different angle? <sure hope that question makes sense to everyone>

Thanks!

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
It really is worth your time. A couple of thousand acres of trails at all levels, but just a fun place in general. If you camp, they have two camping areas. There is a general store on-site, as well as facilities. It's a great day out, regardless. Plus, the view from the top of one of the higher areas is great out across the park. You'll have fun.
Awesome thanks

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
I've been looking at these for two weeks now and trying to convince myself that I don't NEED these for $69.50, but...

...one question may make my decision for me and your post @ObiMatt87 may answer it... when fully tightened down do they really align like your picture shows (each perpendicular with the side of the car)> Or when fully tightened, could each one be at a different angle? <sure hope that question makes sense to everyone>

Thanks!
That is a very valid question. I think about 3 of them lined up perfectly with what I felt was the max pressure I should bring to bear. The other three went past the line, so I backed off just slightly to align them all. I probably could have forced them on around more to get them aligned, but didn't want to take a chance of cracking the fiberglass top. There was still plenty of pressure on each, and it required effort to back it off, so I'm going to monitor for any creaks/rattles/etc going forward. I just went off-roading all day yesterday with them, though, then had a 1 1/2-hour drive back home on various roads and I didn't hear anything making noise back there. The advantage of the rubber pad/spacer that comes with them is that it provides grip against the pressure, so I think I'm good. I was prepared to just have them off a little bit, but so far so all has been solid as a rock.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the insight. That's probably a better way to do it. Impressed with how fast it dropped you down!
I have staun deflators you screw on which are preset. I believe they were the original which are now copied.
They are quality and are dead nuts accurate, set at 18 and I havenā€™t messed with them.
I have oem rubicon 33s. screw one on, then move to next tire unscrew cap and screw on deflator, move to next tire, etc. By the time I get back around to first tire itā€™s about ready to unscrew the deflator and put the cap on, so not super fast but fast enough.
The apex are the fastest but you have to break bead or remove tire to mount them on the wheels.