What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Got the Arcus bumper, skid plate and Smittybuilt X20 winch installed tonight. I ended up having to do the install myself since my helper got tied up. It sucked. Really really really sucked. I had to take the skid plate off 2 times to get to bolts for the winch or some other bracket and had a hell of a time getting that winch plate to fit. Ended up using some ratchet straps to draw the sides in. That thing can kiss my… For anyone doing this combo with the hoop, decide how important that hoop is or go with a different winch that can have the box in the middle. The left side is an absolute nightmare to tighten with that box in place. Anyways, tomorrow I’ll get the line spooled properly but other than that, Im ready to get stuck.

A9105EF5-F39A-4054-9D0A-32E1406829B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Installed an RC 50" light bar. I like the look, I think the single row looks way better than a dual. This is a take off from my JK im reusing. Will grab some KC lights eventually. Problem is it's working intermittently. I already reterminated one set of connections, tomorrow ill keep chasing the problem and try the other set. I'll get the volt meter out so I'm not chasing my tail. Not a big issue, just annoyed I can't really mark it complete yet.
20220829_211223.jpg

vetygud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys 2 door Sarge, 2018 Silverado LTZ
Occupation
Retired LEO
Before Volant CAI install.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Volant before
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Volant after

After Volant CAI install.

Ordered 6/6/2022 and received 8/29/2022. Just installed on my 2022 Willys 3.6, 8 speed with 2K miles. Easy and clean installation. Donaldson PowerCore dry filter, with service good for 100K miles or four years. No better filtration and best filtered air flow. It makes noise when you put your foot into it and appears to be snappier. I've used a Volant on a Yukon and my C6 Corvette had an OEM Donaldson PowerCore filter in their stock CAI. Time will tell.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Scarlett 💕 😎🔥
Rainy weekend, good time to do some minor mods & maintenance
1) added rear LED Brake Lights
2) bunch of inexpensive mods, now I have my cup holder back
3) replaced the air filter on my Eco-Diesel @ 7200 miles, no haters plz
4) 35" tires, new wheels, & 1st Oil Change this week coming soon
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6372.MOV
where did the cover for the door bolts come from? I like that makes it nice and clean, and even cleaner if it was color matched

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Got the Arcus bumper, skid plate and Smittybuilt X20 winch installed tonight. I ended up having to do the install myself since my helper got tied up. It sucked. Really really really sucked. I had to take the skid plate off 2 times to get to bolts for the winch or some other bracket and had a hell of a time getting that winch plate to fit. Ended up using some ratchet straps to draw the sides in. That thing can kiss my… For anyone doing this combo with the hoop, decide how important that hoop is or go with a different winch that can have the motor in the middle. The left side is an absolute nightmare to tighten with that motor in place. Anyways, tomorrow I’ll get the line spooled properly but other than that, Im ready to get stuck.

A9105EF5-F39A-4054-9D0A-32E1406829B7.jpeg
Can you not relocate the solenoid box into engine compartment? Is that what you mean by "motor in the middle"

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
put my doors, and top back on as the Jeep will be pressed into daily driver service for a while. Someone wasnt paying attention and plowed into the back of my Cobalt, which then sent me into an utility truck completely destroying the car. Amazingly and somehow i walked away with a really sore neck, and forehead. So until i am able to get something gas efficient ill be driving the jeep.
RIP little cobalt.

RugbyRef

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 392
Can you show a picture of the offroad pages?
Taken a few minutes ago. Screen changes coloring/brightness with the light of day. The LAT/LON is way off and is a known issue. Stinger Electronics and AAMP, I believe, are trying to fix. The current lat/lon displayed has me up in the Arctic Ocean!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0648[1].JPG

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hadnt really considered that. Id have to get some longer leads but I suppose thats an option.
Ya,I don't know how it works on that particular winch but get some 4ga black and red cable, connecting lugs and move it where you want. I relocated under the hood on my old JK. It's not hard at all except attaching the large lugs. You need a blow torch for the solder and something that can crimp. Feel free to send a PM if you need some more insight. I'm Canadian but I think you should be able to get everything at Harbor Freight. (we don't have that store)

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Ya,I don't know how it works on that particular winch but get some 4ga black and red cable, connecting lugs and move it where you want. I relocated under the hood on my old JK. It's not hard at all except attaching the large lugs. You need a blow torch for the solder and something that can crimp. Feel free to send a PM if you need some more insight. I'm Canadian but I think you should be able to get everything at Harbor Freight. (we don't have that store)
Thanks! I see a company in Canada actually makes a kit for it so I may just order that.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Someone wasnt paying attention and plowed into the back of my Cobalt, which then sent me into an utility truck completely destroying the car.
Something very similar almost happened to the Missus and I a few years back. I wouldn't have had enough time or space to safely extract myself from stopped traffic.

The distracted driver braked hard enough that contact didn't occur...but it was close.

Funny how an Almost Event can invoke a similar, if smaller, adrenaline dump.