What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Added Pixel Decals hood blackout. For the first layer I was in a bit of a panic with this being my first time doing a wet set decal. Turned out good in the end though.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 24094CDB-8D6E-404E-A1DF-B7ED0561314A

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E14A7F90-D1C6-4A27-82FD-4C3FED245C75

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Just finished installing Mopar black satin grill and like everything I do to this Jeep, hope it will grow on me cause Iā€™m not surešŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E14A7F90-D1C6-4A27-82FD-4C3FED245C75

It doesn't look good on all builds, but I think it is a solid win on yours. Looks great! šŸ‘

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No argument, but with 25 settings of adjustability it's worth it if we can convince a teenage girl that driving a Jeep isn't all that much different than a VW ;)
I've got it, too, and the investment was totally worth the adjustment options. I've been very happy both on- and off-road.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Installed my LOD destroyers today. These things are solid.
Besides dropping a bracket on my face, the install was straight forward šŸ˜‚. No power tools necessary.
(I think hubby was a little disappointed that I didnā€™t need his help.)

I've got the LOD Signature Series on mine and have been so impressed with how solid they are, how great they look, and how well they perform on- and off-road. Totally worth the investment.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What did I do to my (our) JLs today? Well, today is spent cleaning my JLUSS and the daughter's JLW in preparation of the Toledo Jeep Fest parade on Saturday. 101 miles from home. Should be a good time.
Totally jelly. Wanted to go to Toledo for the past two years, but other priorities have gotten in the way. Planning to do it sometime in the next couple of years, though. Have a great time. All the videos I've seen of the 4000+ Jeep parade are pretty awesome.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And today I had the day off work so was able to install the S&B CAI kit.

The instructions provided were great. I was a bit unsure about the fit due to my JL being a right hand drive (as my battery, and a bunch of other stuff, is on the opposite side of the engine bay) but thankfully Jeep left the bracket in place to bolt the filter housing to.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9773BF23-AA33-4856-8966-5110DA5E122C

The hardest part of the entire job?

Removing this bloody clip from the turbo resonator:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9773BF23-AA33-4856-8966-5110DA5E122C

They really don't want you taking it off šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
I will be interested to hear your thoughts on long-term use. I got this same CAI a couple of years ago. Installation was easy, and it looked great in the engine bay, but my issue with it was that out on the highway every time I made even a minor adjustment to speed by hitting the gas pedal a little bit it created a drone that I didn't care for. It would level out, but I realized with the experience just how much we make minor adjustments to maintain speed in traffic. If was 20-something still I'd probably consider that sound cool, but in my latter 50s it ain't so cool, so I returned it. Ate the shipping fee, but other than that I was good. You may have a different experience. Hope it works well for you!

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
Thanks for the feedback and experiences @ObiMatt87

Today I've only driven it around my neighbourhood in a 30mph limit and have not noticed any difference yet.

I'll try it on the motorway/highways at 70mph soon and report back šŸ™‰

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
7500 miles = oil change. Got to love a vehicle this simple to work on.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
7500 miles = oil change.
Got to love a vehicle this simple to work on.
Agreed.

Removing the oil filter allows more oil to spill out than do the filters on my Hondas, but the neat efficiency of the Fumoto valve provides a nice counterbalance.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Fumoto

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Love my color matched AAL table mod butā€¦

not exciting but took care of a little rattle thanks to Harbor Freight. Stopped the minor rattle using a $4.99 solution and I have 129 more pieces to figure out what to do with.

https://www.harborfreight.com/adhesive-felt-pads-133-pc-58621.html

Really good idea. I couldnā€™t find the rattle in my AAL table, so I removed the whole thing. I should have tried this. Maybe Iā€™ll give it another shot. Thanks for sharing!

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Really good idea. I couldnā€™t find the rattle in my AAL table, so I removed the whole thing. I should have tried this. Maybe Iā€™ll give it another shot. Thanks for sharing!
Mike, et.al. I figured I owed it to you too report back that even though much of the rattle was gone, I still had some work to do. Today I think I found the last rattle.

I found a piece of foam with sticky back in my cluttered garage, just the right thickness. I wedged it along the bottom center frame. I'll only report back... cussing if that isn't the cure!

If for some reason your are curious, it is from Korea and is a door ding guard that you put on your car door so you don't accidentally dent your neighbor. Quite a polite thing to do. When I was in Korea I saw them on lots of cars and asked what they were for. My friend told me and I said that was pretty cool (I meant strange) and he ended up giving me a couple packages. Enough for 2 4dr's.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImagepZ6OSE

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImageY45T7X