What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
My son just bought a new Gladiator and immediately upgraded to aftermarket wheels and tires. He gave me his OEM Gladiator wheels which are black. He didn’t like the black wheels but I think they look good with the Sting Grey paint. I wanted black wheels to replace the silver wheels that come standard on the JL anyway so it’s a win/win. Got four Falken Wildpeaks, 275/70/17 mounted on the wheels and installed them after picking them up this morning. Steering feels much tighter and the Jeep seems to hold on to the road better in corners. It may just be my imagination but it feels that way. The other thing I noticed is now my speedometer is spot on compared to the GPS. With the 245/75/17 tires it consistently read one mph faster than what the gps read. When I took the tires/wheels out of the back of my pickup this morning the Commander In Chief commented that they were huge and would look ridiculous. Once I took off a tire from the Jeep and put it next to the new ones she realized that they were only an inch higher and an inch wider. No more complaints from her. They don’t poke out from the fenders either so I’m happy. I think the extra inch helps fill the fender wells a bit better. Next up, wash and wax.
5397E602-331F-4911-AB1F-FC5243FC28B6.jpeg
I feel like I’ve never seen those wheels before, and I also think they look like the wheels pictured on the Freedom edition package that was recently announced. Anybody else seen these wheels before?

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I think they're the same wheels that come on the Willys package.

white walker1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Those are cool. Me likey! 😊
But they are only available for 4 dr 🤨
Boo. 🙄
The two door version was suppose to come out this summer but hasn't been released. I've been waiting about a year for them and am about to move to a tonneau cover.

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
They came off a Gladiator Sport S so maybe they're only available on the JT.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Tried on the Trasharoo. I was hoping I could somehow make a hole in the middle for the camera but looks like it's not really possible.

Then dropped the Jeep off to the shop to get my transfer case sensor issue fixed. I'm hoping that takes care of the SERV 4WD light that keeps coming on.

IMG_0157.jpg
Yep I ran into the same problem. Was excited to use the trasheroo and completely forgot it would block the camera until I had to paralell park somewhere. I was thinking of some sort of tube and grommet to push the camera tube through it, wouldn't see sides but so long as I can see right behind me I'd be fine. Too bad they don't have some method for it.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I feel like I’ve never seen those wheels before, and I also think they look like the wheels pictured on the Freedom edition package that was recently announced. Anybody else seen these wheels before?
I believe they are what comes on the “Altitude” Gladiator

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Installed Auxbeam light bar on the roof rack. Ran the wiring through outside track of the rear window and then under the rubber at the bottom back up to the factory aux switches. These wiring clips helped make it look fairly stock and they fit perfectly in the hard top slot beneath the window. The instructions say to let them adhere for a day before putting stress (wiring) in them. They are incredibly strong (and I used a ton of them) to hold the 10 gauge wire.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFFTSNM

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7623 Edit
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7625
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7626

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter is learning to drive this summer and has her permit, but doesn't want to drive our Jeeps. She says the steering is too sloppy compared to the little VW she drove with the instructor.

She's not wrong, but it's not that bad 🙄

So we decided we needed the ability to stiffen up the steering on the wife's JLU because she has the auto.

Just got done installing this bad boy. Even if it doesn't help our daughter, wife is happy 😇

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1304

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
My girlfriend bought me a hood. Not the one I wanted, but I will rock it, since I do t want to hurt her feelings…
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1659887839521
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1659887839521
Actually, that hood is darn hot😍 But now you have to change those crazy carpet fenders for bulkier ones to match the hood 😎

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
I upgraded my factory 18" Sahara road-going wheels and tyres with a set of 17" Rubicon takeoffs from eBay.

I had my local wheel shop strip the wheels bare and paint them satin black.

I'm really pleased with the outcome.

These wheels with 32" BFGs really suit the look of the Jeep too, it completes the look that I was going for, should have done it a long time ago 🙇‍♂️

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2022-08-07 11.18.09

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2022-08-07 11.18.30

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
Installed the Mopar Enchanced Rock rails. I know these things are thought to be too pricey by many, but I prefer the streamlined look and the mounting points not being the body bolts. I only wanted a minor step to get in the vehicle, but not lower than the sill. Also, like the door ding protection aspect of them. I clearwrapped all four side sills inside and then put Mopar sill protectors on top of the clear wrap. I know these aren’t for everybody, but I love them!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 54587E07-1BFD-4BB8-A3C6-8F6EBE58A2BD
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C735C027-6374-42D4-A065-1200E626D95E