What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Deleted member 68858

Traded it in for a Corolla hatchback XSE. Unfortunately a financial situation came up & I can no longer afford the Jeep. You guys were great I appreciate all the help & guidance I received from y’all.
2FA5A704-BB80-46E2-8D93-323F17FD05E8.jpeg
0442D072-5ABD-4AB1-B081-D6091F3D5F34.jpeg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I love this. What a sweet sentiment. I'd like to get something like that in memory of my dad who died 2 years ago from cancer. Except his would probably say something like "Have you lost your mind buying another frickin' Jeep??" LOL. He hated my last Jeep 😂
Parents. Man, you really miss them when they're gone 💔 Sorry about your mom.
Great story haha. Difference between moms and dads for sure. Moms are all supportive no matter and dads are like what the **** 😂. I found this gem on Etsy. Sorry to hear about your dad as well.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like just yesterday that you first put that decal on your Jeep and told us about your mom. Again, my sincerest condolences go out to you, Rick! The bond between a mom and her son are one of the strongest, so it's great to see that she still rides with you in spirit.
Thanks bud. She is definitely always with me and my family, especially my kids…. Can’t believe it’s been 2 1/2 years since putting the decal on the other Jeep.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I changed the oil, and collected a mid-drain sample to ship off to Blackstone.

The Fumoto valve makes draining hot oil comically easy. Being slender enough to slide under the stock-height Sport without raising the vehicle is a nice bonus, too. ;)

My OCD was initially bothered by not being able to clock the valve with the lever at the 12 o'clock position. Having used it a few times now, though, its 6 o'clock orientation actually makes things a bit easier. I don't even bother with the vinyl tubing that Fumoto otherwise recommends.

Ugh. Seeing the Ural's front tire on the center right of the photo reminds me that I have to change it soon, since the State inspection is due next month. If it's not one thing, it's another...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20220726_151909

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Decided to swap over the Mopar Performance Rock Rails from other Jeep until I get my Rock Slide Engineering power steps put on. May wait to install those when weather drops below 100+ every damn day 🥵

Hi! I'm looking at getting the Mopar Performance Rock Rails. Can you share the pros/cons of them? I really appreciate it!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi! I'm looking at getting the Mopar Performance Rock Rails. Can you share the pros/cons of them? I really appreciate it!
Hey Toni. IMO they look great but not a great step, at least for me. They do assist with crap being thrown up on rear flares from front tires. It is also better if you try to put a foot on them getting out, if not, you will rub your leg on them if you don’t hop over. Wish you weren’t in MI, I would make you a heck of deal on these when I swap out for RSE power steps 😉

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Hey Toni. IMO they look great but not a great step, at least for me. They do assist with crap being thrown up on rear flares from front tires. It is also better if you try to put a foot on them getting out, if not, you will rub your leg on them if you don’t hop over. Wish you weren’t in MI, I would make you a heck of deal on these when I swap out for RSE power steps 😉
Thanks RIck for the reply! Just curious why they don't work for you? I really like the look of them and it's a plus that they help with stuff going up on rear flares (so annoying, haha). I can imagine myself using them when I get out, even though I'm taller. My friends and Mom however, would def use them, it's a struggle for them now! Man, it's too bad you're in Texas, that would have been awesome to get them from you!!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks RIck for the reply! Just curious why they don't work for you? I really like the look of them and it's a plus that they help with stuff going up on rear flares (so annoying, haha). I can imagine myself using them when I get out, even though I'm taller. My friends and Mom however, would def use them, it's a struggle for them now! Man, it's too bad you're in Texas, that would have been awesome to get them from you!!
It is easier to step over them and hop in for me. When using for step it’s hard to bend down to get in for a tall person. They are better for shorter folks, kids, etc. keep an eye out on FB Marketplace, that’s where I grabbed mine 👍🏻

vetygud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys 2 door Sarge, 2018 Silverado LTZ
Occupation
Retired LEO
Sat at the dealership for 2.5 hours while they replaced my water pump under warranty.
Found water pump was leaking on my 2022 Willys 3.6 at one month and 500 miles.
It took the dealer approximately 3 weeks to get a new one. All is good!:)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Water pump leak

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I brought it in yesterday to have the dealer inspect the paint. Less than a year ago, they did the second batch of hinges and door panels for bubbling paint. Now the hood, windshield frame (and hinges), Driver's front and Passenger rear door panels are bubbling, and 3 of the 8 door hinges are. If you're counting, this will be the third time at the rodeo.

Last edited:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Wired up some ditch lights and mounted some fog lights behind the skid. Some holes were drilled into bumper. Some heat shrink was shrunk. Wired up to aux switches. Ended up just doing custom wire harnesses.
Ended up getting a metal fab place to make me some aluminium brackets to mount fogs behind the skid plate.

Fishbone Mako stubby and matching skid plate.

I should add. I went this route for ditch lights because I have the AMFIB and pillar lights are challenging due to it getting in the way. Plus, I think there is a lot of reflection off the hood.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220727_104732

Last edited: