TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When my plastic ends eventually fail, which they will like my infiniti did, I'll be putting in the same or similar radiator
It took a few months to get it, but we’ll worth the wait. The only problem I had was needing to use different bolts. The factory ones don’t work.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Rockslide Engineering EZ rack so I have gas on the trails. Easy install, very sturdy product. It would've taken me 10 minutes if I could ever remember how to use a ratchet strap.

This week I'll install my Epic Kraken and ARB compressor. I got locking rotopax mounts but you can just cut the tire ratchet off so we'll see how this goes. I'll probably take them off driving around town but they're a bit more annoying to unlock than I imagined.

My garage is trashed, cheers to biweekly recycling 🙄 Next week I get to recycle about 10 more boxes! 30 left! Good reason to stop buying things though. I love that I can just drive over boxes.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ezrack-rear
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ezrack-side-2

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Next step preparing for aftermarket wheels and 37s. I replaced the OEM tire carrier and Mopar spare relocation kit that comes on the XR with a Teraflex Alpha HD Spare Carrier, donated by one of the most giving/gracious members on this forum @Headbarcode I left the Mopar tailgate reinforcement for now. This thing really tucks the spare in tight to tailgate and is very solid. Thanks Mike @Headbarcode 👍🏻

Also, I got a little creative with removing and reinstalling spare (see pic). Little easier on the back 😂

D23F3852-16BA-4295-A4D7-62A897FDEB0F.jpeg
0B0F377C-D9C9-4591-ACE3-8D2CE2BC6798.jpeg
C72F50DC-9D3B-4EEE-9AAB-0C14A274AF65.jpeg
9C300794-6E3E-46FD-9921-5BE86F58988F.jpeg
BD12C693-C000-410D-9478-6288ABFA25A4.jpeg
Looks Great! Did you use plugs in the tailgate once you removed the OEM rubber spare tire bumpers?

kj11

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport Altitude
Great job! Does it work ok? Is the balance of the roof alright? Refitting is ok too?
Thank you! Yes, works very well. The ratchet straps pull it right up pretty effortlessly. Looks pretty balanced to me. I tried to ratchet it up an even number of times on each side.

The hardest part about getting it back on was backing perfectly underneath it. Took me a couple tries to line it up perfectly, but once I did it was a breeze.

I just took the roof off again this morning. everything off and on my way in 15 minutes

Only problem is my wife thinks it's ugly, haha. So I guess back to the drawing board for something a little jazzier...

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks Great! Did you use plugs in the tailgate once you removed the OEM rubber spare tire bumpers?
Thanks. I did not use plugs however considering popping a couple rubber caps in there when I swap out wheels and tires soon.

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks. I did not use plugs however considering popping a couple rubber caps in there when I swap out wheels and tires soon.
Cool! So you just left the open hole for now?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Cool! So you just left the open hole for now?
Correct. Wanted to get the Alpha installed and spare back on to try out. Not sure there’s a real need to cap holes but will probably do anyway.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to be blowing this thread up today. For those wondering about the little red cardinal sticker on back of Jeep in my other pics, here’s the back story. It is in memory of my late mother that passed away a few years ago from cancer. She loved the story behind red cardinals. Great loving lady to all and she road around to many car lots with me searching for my first JL. I had same decal on that JL I purchased one month after she passed. Every time I see that decal when I approach the Jeep or open rear door I smile and say hello.

Sorry for long story

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ezrack-side-2
Seems like just yesterday that you first put that decal on your Jeep and told us about your mom. Again, my sincerest condolences go out to you, Rick! The bond between a mom and her son are one of the strongest, so it's great to see that she still rides with you in spirit.

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Sorry to be blowing this thread up today. For those wondering about the little red cardinal sticker on back of Jeep in my other pics, here’s the back story. It is in memory of my late mother that passed away a few years ago from cancer. She loved the story behind red cardinals. Great loving lady to all and she road around to many car lots with me searching for my first JL. I had same decal on that JL I purchased one month after she passed. Every time I see that decal when I approach the Jeep or open rear door I smile and say hello.

Sorry for long story

4E0D5D54-9C42-441F-AC02-ECE5679C6CD9.jpeg
I love this. What a sweet sentiment. I'd like to get something like that in memory of my dad who died 2 years ago from cancer. Except his cardinal would probably say something like "Have you lost your mind buying another frickin' Jeep??" LOL. He hated my last Jeep 😂
Parents. Man, you really miss them when they're gone 💔 Sorry about your mom.

Last edited:

willy_cliff

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Removed stock halogens from my 2019 JLU Sport S and installed a set of Oracle Bi-LEDs this weekend. Install was easy/straightforward but I wish Oracle had provided a little bit more length on the wire to the fusebox.

So far I've added these headlights, a set of rubicon rock sliders, rugged ridge sill guards, and a red rock fuel door cover. Next up on the list:
1. Install Rubicon take off suspension + Mopar LCA + Daystar 3/4" front leveling kit
2. Install 33"s tires (likely Falcon Wildpeak AT3Ws) on 17" wheels (likely Method 703s) + remove euro fenders. Wanted to do 35s but I don't want to re-gear or lose the JL's peppy acceleration
3. Install Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper + winch

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2274
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2278
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2281
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2294