What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I just got these yesterday from Morris 4X4, waiting for the weather to clear tomorrow so I can install them.

Powder coated stainless steel. With all the theft of auto parts going on these days, I don't really want to have to spend $200 to replace a stolen battery.
Awesome, let me know how they are.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Couple changes on the new ride. Of course first was shortly antenna lol and all LEDs (Headlights, DRLs/turns, and Taillights). Fogs will be converted when I switch over my OEM steel front bumper. Already switched over my rear steel (I know not great for offroad :) ). More to come.

Edit - Forgot, also installed my Tazer Mini to allow all the LEDs.

972725A4-0938-4554-8F9A-240508CB1505.jpeg

D0B0478A-7CEA-4C11-9319-9C2CC9B3F0A5.jpeg

C5897BE9-552D-469E-B345-61ED9B19D14E.jpeg

E6607DF1-2246-4EF4-80C6-89333842CCB2.jpeg

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Got my Squadbox in and installed this weekend.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E6607DF1-2246-4EF4-80C6-89333842CCB2

The little yellow strips are LED light strips I wired into the dome lights.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E6607DF1-2246-4EF4-80C6-89333842CCB2

And for those who want to know, like I did, the Diabolical sliding drawer/floor/whatever they are calling it WILL fit, as long as the passenger side molle panel is not installed on the Squadbox.
Real curious about the soft top being all the way down with the Squadbox in there. Been looking for a secure enclosure for the back while still being able to have a fully functional soft top.

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Prime Day Redline Tuning hood struts (no pic, did it happen?)

What a super quick install and clever mounting solution. It could be considered pricey but they did such a good job and deserve the reward.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The fiancée and I bought an iKamper, and with it on the Jeep it won’t fit in the garage anymore, so street parking it is.

So for some kind of protection, I got the lockable fuel cap, and it uses my Jeep key to unlock/lock.

Was thinking of getting a couple of AirTags too.

I’m looking for an easy way to lock my hood too .. trouble is I got the front facing camera and the wider grille slots.

The lockable latches on Amazon/eBay have bad ratings .. so I’m kinda SOL on the hood for now.
There is a guy in here who relocated his camera slightly off to the side to accomodate a hood lock.

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Only ones I’ve found were on Amazon or eBay and all of the reviews say they are a waste of money.
Here is a thread on the hood locks I use. It has been just about a year now (see my comment at the time).
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hood-locks.90246/

I had to make a slight alignment adjustment to one recently (loosen, align and retighten) - probably bumpy roads. The bolts were not loose but these things are hefty so I think they just vibrated around over time, as with everything... :)

I would buy again. Note my comment in the thread - be sure to maintain all your locks with graphite if you are in dusty / salty environments.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Real curious about the soft top being all the way down with the Squadbox in there. Been looking for a secure enclosure for the back while still being able to have a fully functional soft top.
The soft top when it goes all the way down actually sinks below the level of the tailgate and that's the position where it can lock. So for enclosures like Squadbox or the Diabolical Slipstream, the soft top will not be able to lock in place. The Tuffy box may work, you'd have to do some research on it.

That said, I've been running with the Diabolical Slipstream for years and when I put the top down I just use a couple of velcro straps to tie it down. Swapping the hard top for the soft top and vice versa becomes more interesting because the soft top is never locked in the down position. I've overcome that when I put the soft top on by hooking in the side channels first, setting the top in the sunrider position, and then mounting it to the C pillars. It's really not bad once you figure it out and if you run with a soft top all year you never have to worry about it.

For me, I'll give up a small convenience on the soft top to be able to keep valuables secure and out of sight. Like groceries :CWL:

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
The soft top when it goes all the way down actually sinks below the level of the tailgate and that's the position where it can lock. So for enclosures like Squadbox or the Diabolical Slipstream, the soft top will not be able to lock in place. The Tuffy box may work, you'd have to do some research on it.

That said, I've been running with the Diabolical Slipstream for years and when I put the top down I just use a couple of velcro straps to tie it down. Swapping the hard top for the soft top and vice versa becomes more interesting because the soft top is never locked in the down position. I've overcome that when I put the soft top on by hooking in the side channels first, setting the top in the sunrider position, and then mounting it to the C pillars. It's really not bad once you figure it out and if you run with a soft top all year you never have to worry about it.

For me, I'll give up a small convenience on the soft top to be able to keep valuables secure and out of sight. Like groceries :CWL:
I already wrap two velcro straps around my top when it's down just to keep it compact while driving. So could I just wrap it around the bar for the rear window to keep it snugged down?

RugbyRef

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 392
Installed the Terra Acoustics front component speaker upgrade to my stock Alpine system. Highly recommend. Clarity and overall sound quality are vastly improved. Plug and play.
@Grinner - How long after you ordered the Terra Acoustic's did it take to get them? I ask because I intended to purchase these and was placed on a waiting list. Still on it...:(

Grinner

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 2-Door Willys
@Grinner - How long after you ordered the Terra Acoustic's did it take to get them? I ask because I intended to purchase these and was placed on a waiting list. Still on it...:(
I don't recall how long, but it seems they're getting thru their list at a pretty good pace now. They have decent customer service. I'd reach out to them. This upgrade is how the Alpine system should have sounded from the factory, in my opinion.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

The softop absolutely does not "sink below the tailgate" it locks in place basically resting on top of the tailgate.
I lock mine and still use the velcro ties to secure it.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I already wrap two velcro straps around my top when it's down just to keep it compact while driving. So could I just wrap it around the bar for the rear window to keep it snugged down?
Yes. I do what you do just to keep it compact. It'll bounce a bit going over speedbumps but that's about all I notice. I don't bother trying to secure it further.

The softop absolutely does not "sink below the tailgate" it locks in place basically resting on top of the tailgate.
I lock mine and still use the velcro ties to secure it.
Portions of the fabric rest on the tailgate, yes. That little dip in the molding on the driver and passenger side right against the tailgate is where the soft top rests. The Squadbox and Slipstream cover that dip and make it level with the tailgate. Try putting some wood in there to make yours level with the tailgate and tell me your soft top still locks.

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
The fiancée and I bought an iKamper, and with it on the Jeep it won’t fit in the garage anymore, so street parking it is.

So for some kind of protection, I got the lockable fuel cap, and it uses my Jeep key to unlock/lock.

Was thinking of getting a couple of AirTags too.

I’m looking for an easy way to lock my hood too .. trouble is I got the front facing camera and the wider grille slots.

The lockable latches on Amazon/eBay have bad ratings .. so I’m kinda SOL on the hood for now.
Here’s an option for a hood lock, not sure how good, don’t have it installed…

https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...k-for-18-22-jeep-wrangler-jl-and-gladiator-jt