ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Cut it too close backing out of my garage. Go me. Of course, that meant that I dented the garage door track, scraped up and loosened my front driver side fender flare and wacked up my turn signal housing. And I haven't even had this ride for 6 months yet. :facepalm::headbang:
IMG_20220401_075131611[1].jpg
IMG_20220401_075140045[1].jpg
IMG_20220401_075152633[1].jpg
Know that you are not the first. A couple of years ago I shwacked my right front fender coming into our garage bay (each bay divided by a column), messed up the garage entry trim, and dented the garage door track all in one fail swoop. Our detached garage is a little sporty getting into in the far right bay, as we are in a cul-de-sac and I have to angle right, then straighten up to go in the bay. Not a lot of extra room either side. It was a beautiful day, I had the top off, and the tunes were jammin'. Lost my focus for seconds and cost me a new fender set and painting to match. Sorry you had similar so soon!

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Installed the Rough Country Tailgate Table. Install was easy thanks to Gaston's installation video on the Rough Country website. Seems like a well built product. Can't wait to use it camping!

20220402_103619.jpg
Mine should be here any day. Read/watched multiple reviews about the quality vs. cost. Have been very happy with RC products so far, so looking forward to this install.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Mine should be here any day. Read/watched multiple reviews about the quality vs. cost. Have been very happy with RC products so far, so looking forward to this install.
Love mine, pretty easy install. Even got my father in law one and installed it for him. He loves it too. Took longer to get the tools out and put them away than the actual job.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Gave it a wash, and tried to continue my rock light/underglow install. I didn't check the description and just blindly bought extension cables - ended up being four pins when I needed five. Then tried to tack a few in place just to check fitment and my screw was taking a day and an age just to carve a small divot. Any recommendations for self tappers that work well on our frame rails?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 24322B03-7505-4F77-9451-55FD06E9BE93
From my limited experience, I don’t think self tappers are going to work. The frame is hardened steel. I had to drill a bunch of holes for my rock sliders, and it was a total B. Ended up starting pilot holes with a couple cobalt bits then using step bit. I think I broke a regular bit or two at first. It was not easy!

HushJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
1) Gave the Jeep a good cleaning and washing inside and out.

2) Coated the stock antenna with multiple coats of black Plasti-Dip spray (like a rubberized coating).

3) Put on a couple keyhole cover caps (Threedom).

4) Spray painted the muffler with high-heat flat black paint after prepping it. Never liked seeing the grey/silver muffler from the rear. Now it blends in and disappears.

Antenna.jpg

Keyhole.jpg

Muffler.jpg

Dc85

First Name
Daniele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2018
67 designs passenger side mount to hold ipad mini. Parts used:

F80X-M-RTS [D22343] Matte Black Carbon Fiber Arms - G2 - Small
MMG3-RTS [F23044] MagMount G3 Device Holder - With 20mm ball (standard)
JL-PASS-RTS [A51044] Jeep® JL / Gladiator Mount - Single Ball Base - Passenger Side

NOTE if you plug ipad into USBC port, it disables carplay from your phone. Gotta plug phone into USBC for carplay to work while charging ipad.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Muffler
did you try this offraod on rought terrain? my magnet on 67 d phone holder was not strong enough and kept falling

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Gave it a wash, and tried to continue my rock light/underglow install. I didn't check the description and just blindly bought extension cables - ended up being four pins when I needed five. Then tried to tack a few in place just to check fitment and my screw was taking a day and an age just to carve a small divot. Any recommendations for self tappers that work well on our frame rails?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6EA93A54-DBA6-481A-BF5E-8118B05503DF
dont use self tappers. get your self some drill/taps for your drill/impact drill tap impact rated at the orange box store. get some 10-32 or 8-32 screws and your all set dont forget to use a little oil to keep the bit cool or you will break it.

Midnight_Library

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Kia Forte, Hydro '21 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Librarian
Know that you are not the first. A couple of years ago I shwacked my right front fender coming into our garage bay (each bay divided by a column), messed up the garage entry trim, and dented the garage door track all in one fail swoop. Our detached garage is a little sporty getting into in the far right bay, as we are in a cul-de-sac and I have to angle right, then straighten up to go in the bay. Not a lot of extra room either side. It was a beautiful day, I had the top off, and the tunes were jammin'. Lost my focus for seconds and cost me a new fender set and painting to match. Sorry you had similar so soon!
Thanks! I'm sorry this happened to you, too. Our garage is the same way (minus the column) -- a little tricky getting out of. And it's especially tricky on the left side, which is my side, because you can't back straight out. I was just moving my ride out to the front yard so as not to be in the way of the plumbers coming to our house, lost focus for a few seconds, cranked it too hard....and...well...you understand!

We were already planning on replacing the garage door (it is basically end of life) and the track (already slightly messed up by a previous incident -- which was not caused by me) this summer. I just expedited the process. Now that's all happening this coming Thursday. Lucky for me, I don't have painted fenders, just the plain ones, and it's just the left front being replaced in mid-May.

If the bank didn't still own it, I probably would've just bought the clips, found a fender and some friends here on the forums and had everything taken care of in an afternoon. 😎 As it stands, I want to buy out my lease in 2025 anyway.

Midnight_Library

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Kia Forte, Hydro '21 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Librarian

RCSDJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6L
You are going to love it!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Ricootje0311

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger Sport S Unlimited 2019 JL
Occupation
Pilot
Where in Dubai are you fording water of sufficient depth to require a snorkel? 🤔
It’s not for water, it’s against the dust and sand that we have here. It actually does a great job with keeping it out so far. Filters and box stay significantly cleaner. I had sand going through the manifold before constantly, so if I kept that up it would destroy the engine within max 3-4 years.