What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I ordered a set of front splash guards. I also figured out some things on the 7" display behind the steering wheel.
Just curious but what did you figure out on the display?

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Guaranteed at minimum 2" more room than the JK lol.

We had one of those monster convertible "grows with the child" type seats once our 3 year old got to the toddler stage. In a JK we had to slide the passenger seat a few clicks (3 inches or so?) forward for it to even fit. Then around 2.5 y/old I FINALLY convinced the wife to forward face her (they should ban those millenial mothers groups on facebook.....just a bunch of wannabe hens telling theoretical BS horror stories to one another about how this is bad....no wait its safe...no wait its bad)...anyhow once we did that we bought one of those high back harness seats from Graco with cup holders that spin inward to save width on both sides (hell the thing is even roll over tested!) and center mounted it to leave both side seats open. Dont know about all JKs but ours has latch and even a rear anchor for center mounting the seats, JL does too. Daughter is happy, im happy, and even in the JK we have plenty of room.

Now to add to that, the JL has a decent amount of more room in the back seat than the JK. For example I am 6'1" and in the JK when the driver seat is all the way back, if I sit in the back, my knees are uncomfortably shoved....in the JL, even with the driver seat all the way back i still have 1-2" of room from my knees to the seat.....its gonna be great for car seats and mom/dad comfort up front.
Thank you! This is really good to know

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
"What did you do to your Jeep today?"

I refreshed @JAY's spreadsheet several times waiting to see it leave Toledo.

Just like I've done every day since December 2.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered front and rear Mopar grab handles and Mopar black door sill protectors. Both are supposed to arrive Friday.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A few more for your viewing pleasure:

BF0AF5E8-7633-423C-B832-6F3141863EE7.jpeg
I have never been able to convince myself that this style looks good on anything. The whole skinny tire on a wide rim thing. You see it on trucks more than Jeeps, just doesnt make sense to me...but I am biased and always look at things from the off road perspective especially when its on a Jeep. If I cant air down, or dont have meaty sidewall...then its useless unless im getting groceries with it.

It is almost as bad as those dudes that only lift the front end of their trucks lol

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Putting rear grab handles on today. Waiting for front and door sill protectors. This coming week I am getting the paint ceramic coated too which I am pretty excited about.

OP
OP
Jabs

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have never been able to convince myself that this style looks good on anything. The whole skinny tire on a wide rim thing. You see it on trucks more than Jeeps, just doesnt make sense to me...but I am biased and always look at things from the off road perspective especially when its on a Jeep. If I cant air down, or dont have meaty sidewall...then its useless unless im getting groceries with it.

It is almost as bad as those dudes that only lift the front end of their trucks lol
I understand that perspective from the hardcore off-roaders. I'm not one of those people.

For me the Jeep is a "grocery getter" because I definitely can't fit them in my Corvette. But it's more then that, it's also a capable car in bad weather conditions, it'll fit my family and friends when going out with more then two people, it looks great, and I can take it to construction sites without having to worry about getting a flat or damaging something.

Everyone has their own wants, needs, and taste. Over the years I've come to understand that as my wants and needs have also changed. One day I may look back and say how the hell did I ever like 20's on a Wrangler! :)

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Today I stalked a lot of JL’s online dreaming about the mods I’ll do. Enjoy:

F1679D2B-60D8-40FF-A94D-E28A149672ED.jpeg
7E36D903-AB8B-4A75-B0E7-0546D64EB65F.jpeg
C85B1BBF-4D46-4AD4-81CC-ABA408F3B9D3.jpeg
357292B3-7FD7-4CA4-87F3-8EC16C273C9E.jpeg
25468D2D-5D02-4FE9-93C6-A880003492AF.jpeg
AFE5C284-9BB1-410F-BAEC-887A6987323F.jpeg

7E3EC58B-C257-466A-BE65-FE34E4D56C1F.jpeg

83C8B70A-EAFC-4C37-B62D-879024F08E8B.jpeg

Some of these are ok, but I feel like some of those mods are just copy and paste JK stuff...I know it'll take some time, and the Jl's aren't wildly different in appearance but I think some of these guys have to be more creative, or at least better then the same old JK combos on the JL...maybe Ill get flamed for that but it is what it is...maybe Im just more of an OEM plus guy.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Some of these are ok, but I feel like some of those mods are just copy and paste JK stuff...I know it'll take some time, and the Jl's aren't wildly different in appearance but I think some of these guys have to be more creative, or at least better then the same old JK combos on the JL...maybe Ill get flamed for that but it is what it is...maybe Im just more of an OEM plus guy.
Yea that was kind of my thoughts, waiting for something 'different'. Light bars, lifts, and moto metals/XDs can be seen in any Macys parking lot. I am waiting on something different...lifts, wheels, tires, and side armor will always be similar to the JK because I mean there is only so much you can change, I get it. Still I was hoping for something just completely different, to really make the JL get away from the JK norms like you mentioned.

I mean that green monster that was built by Dynatrac (I think it was Dynatrac) thats different....not my cup of tea....personal opinion was that it was kind of a waste of a first batch JLU. The point though it that is was different, and I look forward to seeing more of that type of thinking geared towards the everyday joe!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I finally got the sill guards in. Simple little process. It's just been to damn cold or I e been too damn busy. I hate work.
20180201_175451.jpg
20180201_175441.jpg
20180201_175451.jpg
20180201_175441.jpg

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Fumed at it!

Still trying to get order setup....worst jeep ever!

:swear:

:crying: