What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3CC2F55E-ADB1-481F-9AF8-CC5FB57915EA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3CC2F55E-ADB1-481F-9AF8-CC5FB57915EA
Installed American Adventure Lab Molle door panels. Simply cut out the nets, hold panel to door screw in self tapping screws. All 4 doors took maybe 15 mins. You have cut the nets out and can’t take the bezel off - it’s all integrated. Jeep “could” of made the net bezel removable but they didn’t. If you wanted to replace just the nets you’ll have to order a whole new door panel. $$$. There’s some flex to it. If I had to improve upon it I would add a 1/4 x 1/4 inch square bezel along the bottom profile to give a little more space.
But still better than those darn saggy nets.
I like these, is there room to add molle bags and close the door?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar lift, 37” Cooper Discoverer STT Pros, Rusty’s Tire Carrier and Rigid DSS Pros. The lift turned out bigger than I thought it would so I had to sell the 35s and go with 37s. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F530023A-7DED-4925-A356-057E86D1848C
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F530023A-7DED-4925-A356-057E86D1848C
the stock Rubi wheels look really good on 37" - you made the right choice in tire size (bigger is better)......

bdb5430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
the stock Rubi wheels look really good on 37" - you made the right choice in tire size (bigger is better)......
Thanks man! I agree. I lost a little money going with the 35s initially, but it was 100% worth it in the end.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Heard horror stories of bolts seized on wheels so I decided to remove mine and add anti seize:
I also add a dab of antiseize paste to clean wheel lug threads.

Doing so has the effect of introducing wet torque, but that's acceptable to me. I've had to fund the replacement of several lugs when the dealer "tech" disclaimed their responsibility for using an impact wrench, despite my instruction that the lug nuts be hand-torqued. A bit of antiseize allows me to hedge my bet in such matters, especially when the vehicles have to go up on the lift at least once annually for the State safety inspection (where no less than two wheels are removed for brake examination.)

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man! I agree. I lost a little money going with the 35s initially, but it was 100% worth it in the end.
did you have to get spaces with the stock Rubi wheels? my next set of rubbers will be Cooper Discoverer STT Pros.

iddpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Have been looking for frame mounted rock sliders that mount as close to the side panels as possible (looking for function and a removable step). After a lot of looking finally upgraded the factory sliders to a set of Poison Spyder "skins" and "rocker knockers". Really happy with the fit and finish, packaging was excellent and you can paint the inserts to match your ride. The "skins" were easy (some great vid's on youtube). Had a couple of items on the fit for the sliders (1) you have to remove the rear body bolts, (2) have to drill six additional holes for mounting, (3) even using two jacks for placement I'd recommend drilling or slotting the front two attachment holes to save a lot of time/pain, and (4) if you have a light color (white, etc.) then paint the pinch seams (rattle can).

The additional supporting bolts are somewhat of a pain to access when putting in, need to take your time, but super happy once I was finished! Wife was even happier because I also bought "removable" steps..!!

IMG_1.jpeg

IMG_2.jpeg

IMG_8.jpeg

IMG_3.jpeg

IMG_4.jpeg

IMG_5.jpeg

IMG_6.jpeg

IMG_7.jpeg

IMG_9.jpeg

IMG_10.jpeg