What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I painted my inserts Ocean Blue to match the Jeep and then swapped them to a Granite Crystal Metallic grille. Whadayathink?

I also have the OEM gloss black grille and I also need to repaint my satin black grille. I could always swap the blue inserts to one of those grills if the granite crystal doesn’t feel right…. Or swap my dark grey Rubi inserts into the granite crystal grey grille - Decisions… Decisions!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220116_154843
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220116_154843
I like it! Very cool

I've thought of doing a similar swap to my wife's hellayella. I think these JL's look best with a non-body color grill, but the wife doesn't want black. I've looked into chrome effect, but I'm not sold on it. So my next thought is billet silver, granite crystal or the new silver zynth.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I like it! Very cool

I've thought of doing a similar swap to my wife's hellayella. I think these JL's look best with a non-body color grill, but the wife doesn't want black. I've looked into chrome effect, but I'm not sold on it. So my next thought is billet silver, granite crystal or the new silver zynth.
With Hellayella I bet Granite Crystal would look really good, and here’s a curveball - Stingrey (or however you spell it). I bet that combo would be both unique and very clean looking!

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I've considered doing the same. They're a press fit, I'd guess? Are they snug without requiring undue force during installation? TIA.
They fit perfect...they press right on without much force and are very snug. Once they're on they look like they came stock. For $20 you can't beat it.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
how was the fitment. i was eyeing these... those are the aluminum correct?
They are aluminum and they fit perfect...just make sure you have the correct knobs. There is a picture in the product description showing which knobs they work with.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Maybe it's not just the Sport but just that particular AC layout then. I assumed all Sports have the same AC controls but I could be wrong about that.
It's for the vehicles that have either the 7.0 or 8.4 radios with automatic climate control...at least that is what the photos show. You can see from my photos what my stack looks like.

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
I was so thrilled with my first adapter from Speed Dawg Shift Knobs, I had to complete Claymore's transformation. Now I need more grenades for cosplay...

IMG_20220113_154212.jpg
What mod did you have to do to get the grenade to work on the auto shifter?

Edit: I see you already answered this question. Exactly what adapter did you use? (Link?)

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Just installed 17” Hutchinson Rock Monsters in a custom powder coat finish and had all my Recovery points custom powder coated to match.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2C5DD8C1-F1A0-4DF3-81DD-40AED99A5A4C

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2C5DD8C1-F1A0-4DF3-81DD-40AED99A5A4C
Looks great! What sliders are those?

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Do you plan on opening up the vents to complete the job?
I didn’t modify the vents any further. The grill vents are open already. The underside just needed to be opened.

I bought those inserts from a poster on this website. They have a 1/2”(?) or so lip on the inside that is higher than water level inside the vent. He explains that those holes are drilled directly under the solid portion of the exterior vent. And they are designed to allow water when it rains, and still drain properly without dripping directly on engine while allowing the engine to vent (I live in Florida, lots of rain in summer.) And it works! I can feel heat pouring out of the engine when I put my hand above vent. I’ll try to find that thread.

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Aren't the stock Rubicon vents designed to take water away from the engine? So now yours just dump water into the engine?
No when water comes in, it‘ll drain via normal routing over hood blanket. Those inserts sit higher inside the vent.