Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I've been moping around depressed all day about what I will be doing to mine this evening. After about 6 wonderful months I will be putting the doors back on for the winter. Low temps in the 30s next week - it's time to wuss out. Damnit, I was really hoping to make it into November :mad:
A sad day indeed. Took a ride - kept smashing my elbow and knee. And there was this annoying reflection of the dash lights all over the place.

This is no way to live...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20211022_183250028

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Installed the oracle grill lights. I always did 'Raptor' lights on my Ford truck, these look pretty good too. Clean fit, simple install.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20211022_183250028
Nice! Love the look. I initially got the white ones, but ultimately decided to go with the amber ones since I got Rough Country off road cubes with amber DRLs. Both are awesome!

PXL_20211012_183019972.jpg

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)

davidjs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS
Did Rubicon take off springs, front bumper and winch. Added rear .5" spacer and 1.5" front spacer when doing the suspension swap (knowing the winch/bumper would lower the front .5-.75"). When trying to determine what spacers to get, I had difficulty trying determine what spacers I should get. I wanted 2.25" front lift and 1.75" rear lift, which would've given me a level stance and probably the biggest lift without my 33" KO2's not looking too small (in my opinion). I went from 57/58?(no tag) 87/88 springs on my sport to 60/61 91/92 rubicon springs. Including the spacers I got 2" lift front and rear which is about as expected for the rear but much less than expected for the front...basically .5" increase with +3 springs not including the spacers...very odd according to my research. Hopefully this is helpful for other people looking to do something similar.

20211021_165405.jpg

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Did Rubicon take off springs, front bumper and winch. Added rear .5" spacer and 1.5" front spacer when doing the suspension swap (knowing the winch/bumper would lower the front .5-.75"). When trying to determine what spacers to get, I had difficulty trying determine what spacers I should get. I wanted 2.25" front lift and 1.75" rear lift, which would've given me a level stance and probably the biggest lift without my 33" KO2's not looking too small (in my opinion). I went from 57/58?(no tag) 87/88 springs on my sport to 60/61 91/92 rubicon springs. Including the spacers I got 2" lift front and rear which is about as expected for the rear but much less than expected for the front...basically .5" increase with +3 springs not including the spacers...very odd according to my research. Hopefully this is helpful for other people looking to do something similar.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211021_165405
Which spacers did you use?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Not the Jeep, but the camper. Reinstalled the 270 batwing awning and a solar panel. I took me 5 hours to get 4 bolts in. I just about hulked out and smashed it 20 times. A cool head and persistent trial and error got me through it. Perseverance won today. Had to do some grinding, cut an Allen wrench to size and a bunch of cussing and coffee to finish it.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1635000556066

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Not the Jeep, but the camper. Reinstalled the 270 batwing awning and a solar panel. I took me 5 hours to get 4 bolts in. I just about hulked out and smashed it 20 times. A cool head and persistent trial and error got me through it. Perseverance won today. Had to do some grinding, cut an Allen wrench to size and a bunch of cussing and coffee to finish it.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1635000556066
Still likin' that e-Pro? I saw one on a lot last week and thought of you. No homo 👊🏼🤣

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Still likin' that e-Pro? I saw one on a lot last week and thought of you. No homo 👊🏼🤣
When you consider that I spent 9,900 for a 2020 model and have towed it 24,000+ miles including down many miles of trails to set up a base camp and have had no real issues, yup still love it.

The only issue that I have had is one of the stereo speakers came loose so I had to re-screw it back down. I have recently put a 200ah lithium battery, and a solar controller that also does DC to DC charging so that if the solar panel can't keep up, I can charge the big battery with the alternator from the Jeep at 30 amps.

I look at some of these "off road campers". and they want north of $40,000 dollars and I think to myself, that I could buy 4 of the E-pro, it just kind of blows my mind. Even one of my buds that I travel with has a $28,000 teardrop off road camper and I just can not see where the extra $18,000 dollars was spent.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
When you consider that I spent 9,900 for a 2020 model and have towed it 24,000+ miles including down many miles of trails to set up a base camp and have had no real issues, yup still love it.

The only issue that I have had is one of the stereo speakers came loose so I had to re-screw it back down. I have recently put a 200ah lithium battery, and a solar controller that also does DC to DC charging so that if the solar panel can't keep up, I can charge the big battery with the alternator from the Jeep at 30 amps.

I look at some of these "off road campers". and they want north of $40,000 dollars and I think to myself, that I could buy 4 of the E-pro, it just kind of blows my mind. Even one of my buds that I travel with has a $28,000 teardrop off road camper and I just can not see where the extra $18,000 dollars was spent.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. I had several quoted and all came over $12K for a plywood box on wheels. I like 'em, but I can't bring myself to pay that much for what I'd be getting. At least not yet...I dunno