What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Centurion07

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Well it's been a while, checking back in. Work has derailed Jeepin', but I got the "park safely, your Jeep is dying" alert the other day. I spent this afternoon with my wife, deleting my aux battery. New main ready to install tomorrow.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I dropped my baby off at the driveline shop, and got a chance to inspect the parts that finally came in. Two ring and pinion sets, and two master rebuild sets. Yukon. The guy I'm dealing with is just a straight up Yukon shop. It took 8-9 weeks for the parts to actually show up.

I feel greatly reassured after making the trek to go down there and shake hands with the man. He's extremely particular, and it dawned on me that he isn't just trying to avoid having work come back on him. He genuinely cares about each and every set of gears he installs, and it pains him when people don't break them in with the care he uses when installing them. I can really respect that. He's a pretty cool guy.

He got into the driveline business at a time in his life when the shop he was working for was about to go tits up, and he was starving. Some guy came in and said, "I heard you're the man to see to build a [whatever rear end]." He didn't know shit about doing gears at the time, but he said, "Yes sir I am!" Then his axle blew up on the drag strip, because he fucked it all up. That was the beginning of an obsession, and now the guy makes his living doing differentials and U-joints and the like. He even showed me a few random tips for working on my old Ford. Cool guy. Better him than me dealing with this particular job.

I feel like I'm in good hands. I should get my baby back in a few days. I told him to take his sweet ass time, and do it right.

Last edited:

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Well it's been a while, checking back in. Work has derailed Jeepin', but I got the "park safely, your Jeep is dying" alert the other day. I spent this afternoon with my wife, deleting my aux battery. New main ready to install tomorrow.
How did you go about this delete? Im curious and would love to know more on how to accomplish this.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I scored a great marketplace deal locally and got a full set of tube doors with inserts and mirrors for $200. And because the weather here in Central Florida is just about perfect this time of year they got cleaned up and put right on.

tube doors no insert.jpg

tube doors with insert.jpg
Nice looking Jeep! A little off topic, but what do you do to "secure" your Jeep when out in public (parked)? Do you just make sure there are no valuables are inside? That is my main concern if I take my doors off. I don't want to be limited to where I want/need to go when the doors are off. Not worried about parking at work (I work on a military installation), but what about say Wal-mart, grocery store, restaurants, etc.? What is keeping some shady people from just hopping' hot-wiring it and taking off? My main concern is Wal-Mart....lol. Just wondering.

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Saraha, 2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase
Sold it. 😢 Going to be overseas this year so I took advantage of the high resale value.

20211013_160415.jpg

JMGT25

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2020 Jeep JL Rubicon, Raptor
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Made the mistake of showing your post to the wife. Could you please share the source of those shoes?
TrendyCo
Jeep Girl Low Top
Fits true to size... very cushioned bottom.
Takes about 3 weeks to receive.
I used my cricut to iron on my name and my jeeps name on the back.
Warning... they have a lot of cute shoes!
Hope she loves them!!!!

vonbek

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Nice looking Jeep! A little off topic, but what do you do to "secure" your Jeep when out in public (parked)? Do you just make sure there are no valuables are inside? That is my main concern if I take my doors off. I don't want to be limited to where I want/need to go when the doors are off. Not worried about parking at work (I work on a military installation), but what about say Wal-mart, grocery store, restaurants, etc.? What is keeping some shady people from just hopping' hot-wiring it and taking off? My main concern is Wal-Mart....lol. Just wondering.
I have a Tuffy lockbox for the center console, and a Diabolical slipstream covering the back. I'll just throw anything of value in there. I've parked with the top and doors off at plenty of shady Wal-marts, but no one has messed with the Jeep.

TopLift Pros