What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I think that has to be where the water got in. There was almost no visible sign of infiltration. Everything happened below the floor mats, except for that one place where it got deep enough to overflow up into the floor mat. If it had come under the doors, I would have noticed. Especially since I opened one of the doors and looked. The water was lapping at the rock sliders at that point. My lower door sills are 26" off the ground.
I haven't seen it discussed lately, but early on it was found the Mopar All Weather Floor Mat's built in drain did not seal against the drain hole and would let water in from underneath. Here's my fix for the old leaky ones, the newer ones fit tighter and have a built in seal. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-floor-mats-drain-sealing.9836/#post-238196

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I haven't seen it discussed lately, but early on it was found the Mopar All Weather Floor Mat's built in drain did not seal against the drain hole and would let water in from underneath. Here's my fix for the old leaky ones, the newer ones fit tighter and have a built in seal. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-floor-mats-drain-sealing.9836/#post-238196
Interesting. I never really paid that much attention to the floor mats. They came from the factory with the plug in the floor, and that built-in drain jammed into the drain plug, and the carpeting.

The floor plugs have to be the entry point for the water in my case. I think it happened, because I stalled out, and sat there for a few minutes while I figured out how to get myself out of that mess.

(Note, when I went wheeling the same trail this weekend, I looked at that undisturbed muck water, remembered my previous misadventure, remembered the rain we got last week, looked at the bypass seriously, and then I just ripped through it. Nah. The weekend before last was a fluke.)

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I washed it. (Ironically, I didn't even take pictures of the first time the Jeep has been clean in three weeks.)

1632193488349.png

Then I tried my new water broom/undercarriage washer from WARMQ. That's right, WARMQ is the brand I always trust most when I'm buying generic Chinese stuff. It's the Q that inspires confidence. They're so much better than WARMT. (Incidentally, I'm stone cold sober, and this is proof that my weird rambling isn't a sign of my inebriation.)
1632193654252.png

Then I decided to take off my RC front diff skid and paint it red, to match the Rancho in the back. It was that or paint the Rancho black, but I kind of like the red. What the hell, a splash of color never hurt anything. Also, it needed painting, because it did its job the other day, and I gouged it pretty good.

1632193756319.png

1632193793027.png

Gibson Leatherworks