threeve

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
Did the same with some KC LZRs. Can't believe how bright they are, plus the lights look great mounted up on the cowl.

Looks good!
20210508_165913.jpg
I've been eyeing the KC Flex Era 3 for the cowl but these look great and have me reconsidering. Love the way these look!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I received and installed Carbon sleeves for the @Redline Tuning, struts on my JL....... Real nice. Install took about 4 mins. on each side ....

If interested in Carbon sleeves ......Look at your Redline Tuning Struts. There are numbers on them.. Mine were marked 180.

With that number in mind, I went here and ordered the one's for QL-180.
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/41-00003.htm

IF in doubt which to order, be sure to reach out to @Redline Tuning before you order.

ccc.JPG
Wow, talk about bling. I have the old fashioned prop rod. You have the cool hydaulic struts, AND now they are covered in carbon fiber. That is over the top!. I own 3 carbon fiber bikes. Huge weight savings. I have carbon parts on my motorcycle, weight savings and bling. I love CF, but you have taken it to another level.

cf_heat_shield_2.jpg

Wrangler JL 360

First Name
Shawn
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not my Jeep, but helped my bud replace his winch and rotate his tires.

He had the Badlands winch and added the rope and a wireless controller to it. Well the wireless controller failed and sometime during the night it turned the winch on and tried pulling rope in. The rope did not break as it was rated for over the 12,000 pound pull of the winch. The winch just kept pulling and pulling, tweaking the winch mounting plate a little bit and while it did not great the rope, It did damage it. The winch got hot enough that it melted the negative power cable until It broke and cut the power to the winch.

While I tried to talk him out of putting another badlands winch back on...... He had bought the free replacement warranty, so we put his new badlands winch back on. This is like the 5th one I have seen fail. I think he is lucky that it did not catch on fire and burn his Jeep down.

Only a Jeep owner. $60,000 vehicle, hand me the grinder and a can of flat black spray paint. Note: I have said this myself....
1631930128806.png

So just a quick breakdown of buying a Badlands winch.

$300 for the initial winch
$180 for the "best" warranty
$129 for the synthetic rope.
$39 for the wireless remote
$20 for the Fairlead
Then another $180 for the warranty on the free winch.

Total price for running a Badlands winch on his Jeep $848+ tax $898. But at least he has a new Badlands winch.

At least Harbor Freight is easy to deal with, they just handed him a new winch and out the store we went.

I also think he is lucky that he had a high quality Poison Spyder bumper that did not collapse in on itself. While it did bend the winch mounting place a little bit it was still usable.
It comes with power cutoff switch in the box and super easy to install to ensure winch only has power when you want it to.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
SAD DAY FOR JEEPERS
Hey come on man, you don’t have to judge him/her on the choices they make for their rig.

I get it may not be your cup of tea…not mine either….but something I may do, may not be their cup of tea either. Luckily though it’s their rig, their money, their choice! Isn’t that a big part of being a “jeeper” and the Jeep community?!?….to make your rig your own?

I think it’s a “sad day for jeepers” when we’re judging what a fellow jeeper chooses to do to THEIR rig.

WrangleDangle

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee XJ (500K+)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool Tech H3R Fire Extinguisher Kit
What was involved in fastening the bracket for the fire extinguisher to your roll bar? Was there any drilling required? Is this bracket worth 77.00? Please advise. Thanks.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2016 Navigator L, 1990 Mustang, 1994 XJ
Well it’s raining so not much to the JL, more like for it.

Morned my XJuggy sale by cleaning up and organizing the garage. Started out with buying a tool chest to organize my tools 20 years after my first socket set purchase 😂

That was followed this morning by building this work bench with a welder garage. Now to start purging crap I have been toting around for 12 years of Army PCSing.

AE094B57-77E6-483D-90F3-5B93D7AF6965.jpeg

EE9B04E6-06A4-411C-9499-321A40D7B274.jpeg

Chile1

First Name
A
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
I can’t believe this is a real product. None of us Jeepers would actually do this, right? Please tell me no.
What was involved in fastening the bracket for the fire extinguisher to your roll bar? Was there any drilling required? Is this bracket worth 77.00? Please advise. Thanks.
i love it and it's the cleanest set up. you do need to tap the existing hole on the roll bar but that's very simple to do.

fire extinguisher.jpg

FRV

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 4x4, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Brilliant! what did you use for hinges on those doors? pics please? :)
Currently overlanding in Michigan UP. Sorry for the overly simply response. I built it similar to the Goose Gear. The lip that fits under the plate secures the side opposite the compression latches. GG used aluminum plates and mine are 1/8 manufactured fiberglass that I had on hand.

E2B83F8A-20F9-45DF-93EC-619A891CBF23.jpeg

7C78954C-52E2-46E0-8B1D-DF3A9BFB4C15.jpeg

314AB7FC-1CF3-47A3-B98E-5E24BACA858B.jpeg

CE6C3368-3FB2-4890-9A0D-A206E6C57779.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
One of you guy's, Active Military or that are retired Military ....... talking in this thread I believe.... a long... while back asked about ....

Anyway, yes, Army and Marine soon to be available. Hoping for Navy too, (I'm sure there will be) as I want to gift to someone I know that is active Navy that owns a JT.

On edit: I just found out they will have Army, Navy, Marines, AirForce and Coast Guard..

Key Hole Covers
army.JPG

Last edited:
Quake LED