Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Put on some Method 701s with 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers 🤟
0039AEF4-D499-46AE-8637-39A2973FE166.jpeg
818FFBCC-82D8-4265-AA4C-D9BFFCF1EA94.jpeg
5C348EC1-1857-4A4C-B751-9448F9D27A77.jpeg
34805BC0-373E-495B-A4B7-2135F6D27791.jpeg
Looks awesome!
Do you have any lift or wheel spacers? My Willys is supposed to arrive on the 20th so I’m trying to get a feel for tires/wheels stock vs. lift. TIA for any info you can provide.

Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Looks awesome!
Do you have any lift or wheel spacers? My Willys is supposed to arrive on the 20th so I’m trying to get a feel for tires/wheels stock vs. lift. TIA for any info you can provide.
No lift. These are 0 offset. I am adding rubicon springs and 1”/1/2” spacers next week.

There was no rubbing on the drive home so you could get away without a lift for street.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
No pictures, but I finally straightened out the bracket that is bolted to the passenger side lower control arm. The TeraFlex instructions with my lift kit told me to pry this bracket open, release the brake line, and discard the bracket. I tried every tool I own, and I failed to get that bracket pried open. My options for tools were limited by my desire to not puncture and ruin the brake line. My only remaining choice was to cut it with something that surely would have injured the brake line thus entrapped.

So I bolted it on the correct way and straightened it out to compensate for all the bending and twisting that had resulted from my attempts to pry it open.

I'm just going to run the factory brackets. I'm betting I will never yank a brake line in two, because I think I still have plenty of flex with those brackets intact. Time will tell.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 2021 GMC Terrain
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Jeep drive with new shocks comparatively?
How hard were the LCA skids to install?
As for how it drives, I drove to work today but don’t live far so I didn’t really notice anything different from the stock setup but I’ll drive around town tomorrow and see if I notice anything different. But first drive, honestly couldn’t really tell. For me it was needed to get rid of those shock extenders for the skids.

The skids weren’t all that hard. The rears are easy since you can just pull the control arm bolt right out since there’s no tension on them. Then it’s a simple bolt it up and torque it down.

The fronts aren’t hard either but I had a bit of trouble at first with the passenger side. I saw in a YouTube video to remove the FAD skid to install the LCA skid plate. So I did, torqued it down and went to re-install the FAD skid, and it wouldn’t go on. So I had to remove the LCA skid, mount the FAD skid back on, but left loose snd put the LCA skid back. Went on easy, not sure why he though it was necessary to remove the FAD skid plate. You can’t get a closed wrench on the LCA bolt due to the FAD skid but otherwise I was able to torque it down just fine.

As for removing the LCA bolts, I read some where of a trick to just have someone push on the tire and roll it forward or backward depending on the side and the bolt will come right out. Had my wife do that and sure enough, the bolt slid right out. Super easy from there.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 2021 GMC Terrain
Vehicle Showcase
x2 Did you look at any other options like Fox, King, Rancho, etc.? Not sure how "performance" I want to go and I hear good things about the Rancho 9000s but also that they are less high performance. Speculative though so real world is best
I looked into those but I guess for me it was the budget. These were $100 each and got a military discount at 4wheel parts. I wasn’t really looking for performance, I don’t mind my stock shocks, just needed longer ones to get rid of the shock extenders for my LCA skids. With the short drive I’ve done so far, it didn’t seem different much at all but I’m sure with a bit of driving I may notice some difference.

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
Looks good. I wish in TX could go that dark on the front door windows. I believe 25% is the most…at least legally. Especially as hot as it gets around here
If you go with a ceramic tint it does really well with matching the rear windows without having to be to low of a percent. In NC you can only get 35 and be legal. With the ceramic the 35 almost matches factory tint of the rear windows on my jeep. I’m sure 25 would do really well.
The angle on this picture makes it look like less of a match than it is but it’s the only one I have.

9A0AE67C-B987-4D7F-873F-E11BE0D1B567.jpeg

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
How does the Jeep drive with new shocks comparatively?
How hard were the LCA skids to install?
i picked up a set of st2 falcon 3.3's they where super pricey but the adjustability and smooth ride was well worth it. I dont think i would go back to a mono shock

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
JKS Manufacturing