First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Installed CMM mirrors for doors off days (really solid, no vibrating as others have mentioned), as well as a Rancho front diff skid plate. The u-bolt for the skid sent originally wasn’t long enough on the ends, which apparently was a common issue. Messaged Rancho through their Facebook page and got them to send me a proper one, was a quick turnaround.
484A3AC4-30A6-4C77-A82D-53BB5B9D7BC7.jpeg
7A9B2837-3074-4A77-BA30-D5957A99599C.jpeg
EBB04C79-2CDC-49A6-9F7E-01E3E0D68AAA.jpeg

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
I see that your gutter mounts are pretty close to the ends there.
When mounted too close to the ends on work vans, the jostling on those brackets like to peel the gutter off like a can opener.
Thanks for the suggestion & warning. I was considering adding a 3rd crossbar, but in the meantime, I'll move them over the center of the windows.

The awning was great last weekend, and I think it will work well with our use of ground tents for car camping...my spouse does not want to slide down a rooftop ladder once or twice every night.
20210905_172036.jpg

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
Is the bumper that heavy that you needed to go with the much larger spacer? The stance looks perfect. How is your plate mounted to the bumper? Anymore pictures of the Jeep? Looks great
well the bumper & winch weighs probably 150# and i wanted enough space for articulation with a little bit bigger tire so i went with this , i have some pictures with the factory 32' tires but i have been working since i got the tires so no time. the plate was mounted to my lower crash bar plate just drilled holes & zink plated nuts & bolts

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
Where did you get the tube doors and is $350.for all 4? Tia
i found them on FB Marketplace, less than a hour after she posted it i jumped on it yes all 4, you never know

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I had a good couple of days.

First, got my ARB twin mounted to my Tuffy Security Trunk. I got a used ARB in the case, but decided I wanted it mounted. I thought I could mount the tank in the cubby, but it is just a bit too big. I’m going to have to figure out a place for it. It shakes a little bit on start up and shut down but seems good. I didn’t finish the wiring. Still have to route it in the trim panels and out the clutch grommet. I powered the switch from the power outlet, but It was a little concerning when it came in without the ignition. After looking at my wiring and the diagrams, I figured out my Jeep came with it always hot, so I swapped the fuse location ( I’d thank the forum for this info, but it, and this thread specifically has cost me a lot of money 😁)

Then, in preparation for getting 37s, I installed my RR HD hinge that I’ve had for maybe a year. I already had the Teraflex Alpha carrier. I’d have 37s already, but I can’t make up my mind. KM3s, but they’re a D rated and everyone says BFGs run small, so might as well get Nitto Terragraplers as they say they are larger and Ds also. Or the KO3s since you can get them in a C rating now. Decisions.

Finally, stole someone’s idea I saw here for KC Cyclone engine lights. Really lights up the engine compartment.

My portable A/C helped keep it tolerable in my garage.

I’ve got a bunch of other items to do, I think I’ll need RustyShackleford’s help. I just need to call him. Got to get ready for the Moab Jeep Jamboree the end of October.

Scott

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 711BB5DC-0BD1-4DBD-AC9F-12D990DAB3A7

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5D8A5E6C-7B89-4EB5-BA12-8646DA1F7C67

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3580BEBA-B41D-44A4-8ACA-6E73BD5E1E88

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6A935605-2353-4FEF-A249-CD5A6B9CAD71

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 078140D2-D1A6-4390-AE1A-D1B8AFFB86CB

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
So I got really drunk and couldn't sleep last night... so I went shopping... :facepalm:

I ordered:

Five RockTrix RT111s
Five 35x10.50 Kenda R/Ts
@CavFab_mfg Micro bumper
@Diode Dynamics SS3 fog pods and LED headlight bulbs
Some spiffy cupholder inserts :giggle:
Lug nuts
A better mount for my UV5R
Three cans of Mopar touch up paint (??)
A Mopar jack base that I didn't even know existed
Rock Hard front and rear LCA skids
ARB license plate relocation kit
Paramount front and rear inner fender liners

And that's just what I can find emails for this morning :surprised:
Tell me more about the jack base...

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Ikanto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
TeraFlex Alpine IR adjustable front lower control arms to replace the ones that came with the Mopar 2" lift kit. Got rid of all of the bump steering and it now handles like stock. Well worth it.

lca.jpg
Do you like these? Worth? I've been eye'ing them up to pair with my Mopar Lift Kit.

Last edited:

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Installed a Bordan brand tailgate table purchased off Amazon. Not terribly impressed with the design (the cables interfere with eachother when stowing), but it seems sturdy enough and the price was right. Hopefully it won't rattle.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210909_224301