Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
wanderer
Vehicle Showcase
Our swing out tailgates can have issues clearing a loaded receiver hitch cargo basket.
Today I combined a bicycle style receiver mount(with tilt feature) and a receiver cargo basket. This bicycle unit also has a nice built in 6" lift feature to it so the cargo basket is higher off the ground. With the simple pull lever, the tailgate clears the basket even when loaded high. The tilt feature is what I wanted mostly for a up coming road trip. I did not want to be unloading the basket to gain access to the back cargo area. The name on the bicycle carrier is Sports Works.
JL cargo basket a.jpeg
JL cargo basket b.jpeg
JL cargo basket c.jpeg

there is a 90* feature also.

Last edited:

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKR, 2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR,2016 Tundra
Real excitement, I rotated tires. They were due rotation and I've been thinking about taking it to the dealer for a Wave rotation and oil change. As I walked by it today I saw something stuck in the right rear and it was a bit low. Turns out it was a casing from a .22 A bunch of us from work went to the range yesterday and an
20210830_155411.jpg
20210830_155533.jpg
expended case found its way into my tire. I have an appointment at Discount Tire tomorrow for new tires on the Tundra, so I just did a 5 tire rotation and put the bad one in the back of the truck for them to fix. At least the timing wasn't too bad and I got home with it yesterday.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Looks close to the sidewall..... questionable whether they will repair it... Pic you have is not that great so.. maybe it is not as close to the sidewall as it looks when viewing with my smartphone.

repairable or not.jpg

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKR, 2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR,2016 Tundra
From the outside edge of the lug its just over an inch to the center of the hole.

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get that cargo mat from? I like it.
JOYTUTUS Cargo Mat
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089VJ38GG

I try to list everything I've done with a link to the item in my showcase. I really like the mat. It only covers the rear cargo area though. When I lower the rear seats they're not covered. So far that hasn't been an issue.

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Jeetops? Did you need to do the loaners? Time?
Yup, Jeetops with loaners.

I don’t remember the exact time it took, but I didn’t mind since I had loaners. Maybe 6-8 weeks from start to finish?

Note: mine are painted with raptor for a black finish; when you receive them from Jeeptop they still have a white interior frame (i.e. the same finish as the standard hard top).

Icon Vehicle Dynamics