What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Low_Spark

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
This was a bit nerve wracking, but I have to give them credit. The layout board was a welcome inclusion, I wish more products came with that. The only thing I would recommend is using a small crescent wrench or socket instead of their little tool. Also find a rubber/vinyl washer for the bolts that go through the roll bar. I gooped the hell out of each hole so hopefully I won't experience any leaks during the PNW winters. All in all it was a fun project.

PS: For the love of god wear gloves, I didn't and I have a bunch of tiny fiberglass slivers.

PXL_20210830_185259195.jpg

PXL_20210830_185422487.jpg

PXL_20210830_185439844.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
I ran all wires through the hardtop. They come wired together so I cut them so that the wires are concealed. Wired everything to a 4 pin quick disconnect shown in the picture. Ran two wires (Ground and reverse) to the taillight on the driver side and the brake light off of the passenger side wire going into the tailgate. Not bad if you are comfortable doing basic wiring and have taken the rear panels apart before.
@Silverblkrilla

Did not see your pic of the 4 pin connector you used... When I did the install, I used a 4 wire flat connector set like in the pic below..

$5.00+-
61MiAoD9EFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unencumbered
Was the decal easy to install? I have that very design saved in my To Buy list. TIA.

Welcomed my 392...

She's going into her new customized designed paint job today - Grassmere green and old Landrover paint I tweaked a little.

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 2.50.12 PM.png
That shade of green adds a perfect retro flair to the dashboard. Well chosen. :like:

20210830_071222.jpg

After waiting and waiting, buying a JL and waiting some more, I finally got fed up and bought the JCR half door offering. Gonna see a local shop about paint today, crossing my fingers they don't try to ream me like MAAACO did - they quoted me just over a g for color matching on both doors and the hinges.
Mm. Good paint work costs good money. $1K or so seems appropriate for the quoted work. Let us know how it goes.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Mm. Good paint work costs good money. $1K or so seems appropriate for the quoted work. Let us know how it goes.
So I learned, the local place actually quoted me 100 bucks higher. Seen COBoarder got his done by MAAACO for like 400, not sure if the red paint or my region is driving it up or what.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unencumbered
So I learned, the local place actually quoted me 100 bucks higher.

Seen COBoarder got his done by MAAACO for like 400, not sure if the red paint or my region is driving it up or what.
I was going to guess that the chain (in this example, MAACO) would cost a bit less than an independent shop. If the reviews for the latter are good, I'd suggest considering the extra C-note as worth the investment for a quality job. That's been my experience with such places. Just a thought.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I was going to guess that the chain (in this example, MAACO) would cost a bit less than an independent shop. If the reviews for the latter are good, I'd suggest considering the extra C-note as worth the investment for a quality job. That's been my experience with such places. Just a thought.
Frankly leaning that way as well. They're under ten minutes from the house and very well reviewed, plus offer a lifetime warranty on the paint.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Finally got Maryland to get my plate transferred
image0.jpeg

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the JLU Highland Platform from Vector Offroad. I had them black powder coat it because I didn't think the aluminum color would look good in the Jeep. Received and installed it today (because, you know, patience isn't my strong suit.)

IMG_0582.jpeg

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Added some Pixeldecals two color vent decals today. Adds some character to that area. Using these as a test to see how I like the quality. So far impressed with the material and color. The red matches the red on the Rubicon hood decals very close. I tried to match the width of the red border on the Rubicon decal. I've applied lots of large decals to semi trucks and trailers before, so install was easy peasy. Took about 30 minutes to do both sides not including drying time.
Thinking about adding the two color hood decal later. Maybe.

20210830_144805.jpg

Motor City Aftermarket